• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

2010 Jaguar Xj Revealed!!

Supra_Natural

So after several months of teasing and tweaking with our curiosities, Jaguar has finally released the Latest incarnation of it's flagship car, the Big XJ...

It certainly goes in a completely different direction from the existing model, looks a lot like the XF from up ahead, and that isn't a bad thing at all!

Personally though, im not entirely impressed by it, the rear end especially looks a bit wonky for some reason.... Nonetheless, looks like Jaguar has finally decided to abandon it's heavy dependence on tradition, and build cars that look as modern as their mechanicals are! Since a big complaint against them has always been that their cars look "old fashioned", i guess they decided to head off in a bold new direction. Time will tell if this works out....

jaguarxjlaunch03.jpg

Launch, By Elle Mcpherson no less!

jagxjlaunch04.jpg

from some angles, it does look damn good!

jaguarxj08blkusaopta.jpg

2010jaguarxjabh014.jpg

But from others.... I dunno, you be the judge....

jaguxj65.jpg

2010jaguarxjabh015.jpg

Interior too is a radical departure from everything that has gone before.... Mostly for the better this...

2010jaguarxjabh022.jpg

Full Story over at Autoblog, Pics from there too....

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/07/09/2010-ja...ys-new-big-cat/

Gallery

http://www.autoblog.com/photos/2010-jaguar-xj-4/2135326/

More pics + Video

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/07/09/video-2...terviews-expan/

you are right mate...from some angles it does look awesome...but overall it looks like another chunky german.

personally i would have liked the XJ to be kept tradional...they can do all the modernising with the successors of the s-tybe(XF)...anyways that's just my opinion.

BTW....elle mac has still got it...ahhhhh!!!! :action-smiley-076:

def. not my grandmother modeling it either .. lol

I think I like it. It's obviously taking after the design theme of the XF and putting the old styling behind, not sure how the Jag faithful will like it though.

def. not my grandmother modeling it either .. lol

I think I like it. It's obviously taking after the design theme of the XF and putting the old styling behind, not sure how the Jag faithful will like it though.

definitely not... http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/artic...car-launch.html

Warning: excessive Heat... :P

Front - The front looks good. A lot better than the XF. In fact its the front that the XF should have had. I like caved in grilles a la Maser QP.

Profile - I'm not so sure of the profile though. It's almost fastback-ish. I would have preferred an elegant 3-box sedan design. But this guy Ian Callum seems to be stuck with this Aston-esque rear end.

Rear - OMG, I'm afraid the kindest words I have is - Korean designer on expired drugs!

Front - The front looks good. A lot better than the XF. In fact its the front that the XF should have had. I like caved in grilles a la Maser QP.

Profile - I'm not so sure of the profile though. It's almost fastback-ish. I would have preferred an elegant 3-box sedan design. But this guy Ian Callum seems to be stuck with this Aston-esque rear end.

Rear - OMG, I'm afraid the kindest words I have is - Korean designer on expired drugs!

Rear is supposed to look much better in the metal, although i dont see how. To me it looks like they tried to rip off a Citroen C6, and didnt get it quite right!

To me it looks like they tried to rip off a Citroen C6, and didnt get it quite right!

ditto that

& there's something Maybach-ish with the light section - and no, thats not a good thing!

...it looks like the designer fell asleep and dropped his ped finishing up the mid section of the rear <_<

• 1 year later...

A known party is upgrading from an S-type to the XF soon...from what i hear...there are a lot of toys on the interior of the car...

the headlight on the XJ seems to be a lot better than the XF...at least to me... The XF-C has somewhat similar lights to the XJ

anyways...it a massive step in the overall look of jags and if i'm not wrong...this must be the biggest decision they are making after TATA acquiring it...

hope it works out for them :)

and yeah...the rear end of the XJ is somewhat effed up...or maybe it's just the pictures...

• 2 months later...

I saw a Silver/Gun metal 2009 XF at CR on Saturday at Mercantile 's .. KK plates. I guess you all know whose that is .. but this was the first time I saw a live specimen of the new model and man ... suffice to say I momentarily forgot all about rugby! ;)