• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Drags Saturday Night!

dragster

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just thought I'd add the 'official' categories as agreed by everyone: (I think ;))

" Supercar.....Fastest drag car on the streets

Fastest SOHC NA upto 1600cc

Fastest DOHC NA upto 2000cc

Fastest Starlet GT (Can run the 2000cc DOHC class) "

Lot of testing must be going on these days :(

Everyone ready for the 18th Saturday??? It's billed to be the biggest night drag event for the year with all the SOHC boys, DOHC boys, GT Starlets and maybe even the Super car fella's come'n out in an all out battle to see who emerges king in each category for 2006! Its gonna be even more interesting as the show down brings together the friendly rivalry between the TICers, the Rabbits, Just-to-Fun's gang and even a few solo acts!!

did this thing happened as planned?? i couldn't make it coz of the rain....

did this thing happened as planned?? i couldn't make it coz of the rain....

of course it happned as planned! i think at least 30 races.

fastest of the night was Zacki's black integra. (After two races with DC5 with the last race decided by a foot or so)

Fastest SOHC Razali's EG8 (Boy oh Boy didn't the Civics make some lovely noices)

Fastets starlet was Sachas (no surprises there)

other highlights included...

1) Thiwanka's DC5 beating Dimantha's former WRX. (This WRX is destined to be loosing to Honda's)

2) Thiwanka's DC5 beating a black Sti in a rolling start.

3) The Sti reclaiming the victory in the standstill start. (the torque and AWD advantage gave a serious edge in the launch)

4) A white starlet GT getting beaten by a Civic???? (but I think in the re-match the GT reclaimed victory)

5) 2l Primera getting beaten by Civics.

/I was at the start so i cannot 100% confirm the above results. So I do beg your pardon for mistakes. but someone can rectify or confirm.

Yea.. Same here.. :music-smiley-019:

So mrCat any more race results u remember?

1) Thiwanka's DC5 beating Dimantha's former WRX. (This WRX is destined to be loosing to Honda's)

LOL do you want me to jump to a well. :music-smiley-019:

WRX is unmodified and has 18 inch wheels. Even if so i dont think a rex cant beat a DC5 fitted with mugen computer. But it can surely with a Apexi AVCR at least running a higher boost.

by the way what was the Black Sti which lost to the DC5. Was it a GC8 or Sti 7. GC8s are very fast indeed. But thivanks DC 5 is very fast too.

Edited by Velocity

ohhh ... i missed it, :music-smiley-019: how many cars were there ?

got a few video clips in 3gp format! but i must say neither picz nor vids can recreate the real sensation of having been there and seeing the real action. boy! that noice was just amazing... the only thing lacking wz CHIKZ! not many were around dat night.

LOL do you want me to jump to a well. :music-smiley-019:

WRX is unmodified and has 18 inch wheels. Even if so i dont think a rex cant beat a DC5 fitted with mugen computer. But it can surely with a Apexi AVCR at least running a higher boost.

by the way what was the Black Sti which lost to the DC5. Was it a GC8 or Sti 7. GC8s are very fast indeed. But thivanks DC 5 is very fast too.

oh i am sure a WRX with bit more boost will leave a DC5 in the dust. even that Sti on the stand still start reclaimed victory. but thumps up 4 da guy who had the courage and the might to beat turbo counterparts that night.

bdw this mugen chip is a "off-the-shelf" one right? i think a properly done custom tuned chip would do even better in that car.

got a few video clips in 3gp format! but i must say neither picz nor vids can recreate the real sensation of having been there and seeing the real action. boy! that noice was just amazing... the only thing lacking wz CHIKZ! not many were around dat night.

Ya seem in mighty of a hurry finding someone suitable to accomodate in dat "house" :music-smiley-019: lolz... ado upload some vidz n picz.. plenty o raving comments bout dat nite..

Zz

Why havent there been any pics uploaded yet?? I did see Pericles running around with the camera shooting at the cars, where are those pics dude??! Im sure everyone would want to see the Tuned i Chips rampage that night, what do u say guys??

Sorry dude. I was on contract. Those pics won't come to AL without approval from the hiring parties ;)

BTW, who are you?

of course it happned as planned! i think at least 30 races.

fastest of the night was Zacki's black integra. (After two races with DC5 with the last race decided by a foot or so)

Fastest SOHC Razali's EG8 (Boy oh Boy didn't the Civics make some lovely noices)

Fastets starlet was Sachas (no surprises there)

other highlights included...

3) The Sti reclaiming the victory in the standstill start. (the torque and AWD advantage gave a serious edge in the launch)

4) A white starlet GT getting beaten by a Civic???? (but I think in the re-match the GT reclaimed victory)

5) 2l Primera getting beaten by Civics.

/I was at the start so i cannot 100% confirm the above results. So I do beg your pardon for mistakes. but someone can rectify or confirm.

So mrCat any more race results u remember?

Sorry about the noise guys i'm sure some of you would have gone deaf but i had to do a full straight through exhaust to push out what ever power i could out of the little D15B.

Anyway it turned out to be a great night and all the credit goes to Chang and Nigel. Also Congrats to Zacki and Sacha for wining their classes.....