• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Drags Saturday Night!

dragster

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hay isurujosh thanks for the pics.. If you got more pics & clips pls send them to [email protected] so that we could update the gallery.

he! he! since Pericles was around i did not bother to take any pics at all, even these I got from a friend of mine(who doesn't mind them being published anywhere in the world)... I am afraid I haven't got many clear pictures, If I had i'd have sent you ;) but next time I shall make a point to take some quality pics.

@Thush: The clips were taken by my phone cam, so they aren't clear but the noice of those lovely Honda's are recorded just fine, i can send them to your e-mail. wonder whether Nalaka knows your e-mail addy?

he! he! since Pericles was around i did not bother to take any pics at all, even these I got from a friend of mine(who doesn't mind them being published anywhere in the world)... I am afraid I haven't got many clear pictures, If I had i'd have sent you ;) but next time I shall make a point to take some quality pics.

@Thush: The clips were taken by my phone cam, so they aren't clear but the noice of those lovely Honda's are recorded just fine, i can send them to your e-mail. wonder whether Nalaka knows your e-mail addy?

i think he don't know the add :P ... send it to this [email protected] or use the email on signature

Edited by Thusha

Hey Isuru, Api, ape karr okkama kalu ne

Hey is this Zackie? (in that case ur teg will anyway be "KALU" anyday :P )

bdw u r right the flasher aint powerful enough to beat the utter darkness, besides we did not have the proper batteries so could not take many picz.

i got other picz but they all are rather dark too. anyway Thush and ZZ i shall send you all the photos and clips by tomorrow.

• 6 months later...

Yes, it sounds like it was a bad night. Too bad the old fogies at SLAS don't realize that by refusing to bring drag racing into the mainstream, this is the result.

ya fortunately most people manage to get away, but some went inside a Factory ( own by a famous Racer ) But some didn't knew what happening so in the end cops blocked the road and caught them, some say they saw cops and army shooting to a Subaru

But still we don't know what happened to that vehicle and the Driver :(

ya fortunately most people manage to get away, but some went inside a Factory ( own by a famous Racer ) But some didn't knew what happening so in the end cops blocked the road and caught them, some say they saw cops and army shooting to a Subaru

But still we don't know what happened to that vehicle and the Driver :(

Are you serious?? :(:o Have they got nothing better to do with their resources? The bloody terrorist are running haywire in the city and all they want to do is harass civilians. They can't bloody shoot straight at a propeller plane! let a lone a moving car..i'm surprised. I mean i appreciate what these cops do but they need to straighten their priorities. That was justa bit too harsh IMO.

Edited by Overdrive

Are you serious?? :(:o Have they got nothing better to do with their resources? The bloody terrorist are running haywire in the city and all they want to do is harass civilians. They can't bloody shoot straight at a propeller plane! let a lone a moving car..i'm surprised. I mean i appreciate what these cops do but they need to straighten their priorities. That was justa bit too harsh IMO.

ya if u saw how they came and blocked the road u'll be surprised, and we didn't saw the shooting scene, but my friend saw everything and he told me,

i'm surprised to see cops doing this to Loacal Drag Boys :(

Edited by GihanFX

yeah gihan dude please do tell the whole story>>>>

might be a lesson to many people !

yeah these army men are over the hooks now..

last night i got stopped infront of galadari and the bugger is like 'open the boot too you might be hiding something inside your subwoofer enclosure!!!

spent a lot of time the bugger litterly swept my whole vehicle!

errrrrrrr.....

hated it specially at 8.30 in the bloody dark!!

Edited by satan 06

Ok guys

After gathering at some other place we went to our Drag Location, then after 5 minutes police jeep came and i saw one cop is chatting with a guy show came to Drags, then we thought something goin to happend and we went to our cars, and then after another 5 minutes, Police Accent came with Siren and Light and blocked the Road, but the people who know that area and live in that area used a shortcut to get away, and i saw many new guys following them, and we escaped and when to another location

But then i got a call from my friend and he told me they are inside a factory, ( own by a famous Racer ) and cops came inside that factory and asked for their Id's and license, then cops ask them are u working here and they said yes, but even before we came to the drag spot one cop has there and he explained to a office the entire scene and how we came etc, so the police knew my friend and others don't wok there

But some guys try to use the main road to get way, and my friend told me he saw one cop aim his gun to a escaping car but he dint shoot, after that another guy tried to do the same and then cops shot that vehicle but he didn't stopped and went and then the army is also started shooting at that vehicle but any of us don't know what happed to that vehicle or we even don't know the bullets hit the vehicle or not

And then my friend told me because cops blocked the road, buses and some vehicles couldn't move and even cops stopped some other vehicles and questioned them, Anyway after that they took some guys license and little wile they went, still 3 cops are guarded that factory gate because cops knew guys who went inside that building cant get out, anyhow they manages to escape.

Only few people saw this Anyway this is Sad Situation, Cops cat Catch terrorists, they cant find bombs, they cant shoot at places, now they trying to kill innocent people :(

This is too Bad....

I guess that the information gone to cops even before you guys come to drag strip. may be while you are gathering at some place.

No machan this is unusual, cus in the past when we race there, i have seen police jeeps goin every where, somethimes looking at guys racing, and we thought they don't have any problem with it,

maybe after the Rathmala bomb blast they act like this

come on mate...dont be ridiculous... we can play around with our cars because these guys have sacrifised their lives to protect our country. they are doing their job. we have to accept that and allow them to do their job. give some respect man.....

i know there are culprit cops. but dont put everyone on the same scale. i perasonally love drags...but still i think its a risky game in terms of public securty.

so when and how did the army came to the drag location??? did they come with the cops or they just turned up in their own vehicles???

i myself is a massive drag fan but when you look at this situation with an open mind no wonder the cops shot at you lot. you guys didn’t stop when they ask you to stop

i myself is a massive drag fan but when you look at this situation with an open mind no wonder the cops shot at you lot. you guys didn’t stop when they ask you to stop

they didn't ask anyone to stop, normally when police comes we go thats the thing, in the past always Army petrol this area and this is not a hidden spot, police always go here and they but we Drag, and they dont take these things seriously

But that day maybe they received a higher order from someone or new oic came to the police

Respect Army,Navy,Air force

Fu** police