• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Hyundai Santro

firaz

Question

Can anybody let me know what the fuel consumtion of Hyundai Santro should be? I have a Hyunday Santro 2003 model (Zip Plus) does about 240 kilo meters on a full tank which is 35 literes, after a tune up. Is this how it should be or should it be better? Can one of the experts help me please? it has a 1.1 engine....thanks

9 answers to this question

Can anybody let me know what the fuel consumtion of Hyundai Santro should be? I have a Hyunday Santro 2003 model (Zip Plus) does about 240 kilo meters on a full tank which is 35 literes, after a tune up. Is this how it should be or should it be better? Can one of the experts help me please? it has a 1.1 engine....thanks

generally speaking about a 1.1 car it should definitely do better than 6.85 kmpl (240/35), probably a Santro owner/user would be able to enlighten you. What does agent says? and how does your driving pattern and is it mostly on congested Colombo roads?

generally speaking about a 1.1 car it should definitely do better than 6.85 kmpl (240/35), probably a Santro owner/user would be able to enlighten you. What does agent says? and how does your driving pattern and is it mostly on congested Colombo roads?

yes, the santro is not a particularly heavy car so technically it SHOULD do quite a bit better than that. Firaz, is your car a manual or an automatic by the way? The auto santros were supposed to be a little on the thirsty side if i recall correctly.

That's way too low for a 1.1 ...it makes about 6.8 ltr/km !!!!

FYI, I have a Hyundai Tucson 2.0 (auto) and that does more than 7 ltr/km.

I am sorry I cannot tell you what may be wrong but better if you take it to the agents for an inspection.

Good luck !

That's way too low for a 1.1 ...it makes about 6.8 ltr/km !!!!

FYI, I have a Hyundai Tucson 2.0 (auto) and that does more than 7 ltr/km.

I am sorry I cannot tell you what may be wrong but better if you take it to the agents for an inspection.

Good luck !

Typo.... should have been KM/LTR

Situation is not disastrous as seen!

You mentioned the kilometers done but the actual liters burnt for that is definitely not 35litres.35 is the capacity, sure you didn’t run until car stopped ,running out of fuel. Guess you ran until the low fuel warning comes out. Which should be with around 5 liters spare in tank and lines.

If that’s the situation, can assume you ran 240 with 30 liters. That comes to the figure not less than 8km/l.

Still for an average driver and a satisfactorily tuned Santro, 8km/l is not that satisfactory. But wild and bad throttling can simply attain that figure. Further bad set up of the vehicle (we discussed what contributes for better consumption many times) will also contribute to bad consumption figures other than the engine associated alone.

The best and the most near accurate way of calculating is, first top up the tank, zero the trip meter and run 60-100km and top up again.Devide the figure indicated in trip meter by the amount of liters needed to top up. That’s the consumption.

Do it that way and let us know.

Cheers!

MINIACE

Thanks..miniace. That is true. I only ran until fuel warning started burning without blinking. I will probably do it the way you have mentioned and see the consumtion. Was wondering it should do quite well coz it is a manual. Thanks Firaz

Thanks..miniace. That is true. I only ran until fuel warning started burning without blinking. I will probably do it the way you have mentioned and see the consumtion. Was wondering it should do quite well coz it is a manual. Thanks Firaz

No prob! Precise on the figure,after that we can figure out the true picture :) Good Luck!

MINIACE

Well u must be reving it always @ the red zone

I use hyundai's bigest creature still to roam sri lanka (santafe)

It does 16-19kmpl

To be honest it is a crdi 4wd manual

well, this figure is due to the fact it's common rail diesel.. with high compression ratios... cannot expect the same figure from a gasoline / petrol engined car. That's one of reasons why HDIs are very popular in Europe and Uk despite their higher maintenance cost.