• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

The Best Anti Virus Software In Town!!

AMG

Hi Guys,

Since my Norton Internet Security is due for renewal next week I am thinking of switching the brand to Kaspersky as its lot cheaper than Norton. But I have always been with Norton can any one give me first hand experience about Kasper please. If its good for value I will switch. Or any other suggestions.

Are you using for personal use?

I use AVAST home edition.. it's free, very light weight. VDB gets update daily. Never had virus issues for last 2 , 3 years.

:rolleyes:

For personal use machan. I think I am going for Kaspersky.

For personal use machan. I think I am going for Kaspersky.

AVAST home edition is a full version even though it is a freeware. Only thing it doesn't give some domain update options, etc. If not Virus data base is getting updating daily basis, even you can use it with dial up connection without noticing any difference.

I never used lisenced versions of virus guards. Every thing i used (Nortan, Kasperstky, Pc cilling, McAfee) were hacked.. only issue i had is they reduce spead drastically. I used to spend minimum 2 hrs or more with internet at home.

May be new versions doen't have that issue.

Why don't you just try Avast that for one week or two before you purchase Kaspersky.

Edited by MkX

AVAST home edition is a full version even though it is a freeware. Only thing it doesn't give some domain update options, etc. If not Virus data base is getting updating daily basis, even you can use it with dial up connection without noticing any difference.

I never used lisenced versions of virus guards. Every thing i used (Nortan, Kasperstky, Pc cilling, McAfee) were hacked.. only issue i had is they reduce spead drastically. I used to spend minimum 2 hrs or more with internet at home.

May be new versions doen't have that issue.

Why don't you just try Avast that for one week or two before you purchase Kaspersky.

My pc is kinda working all day and connected to adsl router all the time machan. So I need a Internet Security and firewall with automatic updates.

Just been to Barclays to buy some Mother board and stuff and found Kaspersky Internet Security 2010 (3 user) for Rs2850 and bought it. Thank you Kim machan.

i'm using avast home edition coupled with zone alarm firewall on my aging desktop,a decent software i guess,no complains...but i have kaspersky on the laptop,and it does a very thourough job,definately worth installing.

AVAST and Zone alarm is good combination.. I used Zone alarm also (hacked again) but it start affecting my P2P software, so i removed it and open those ports with Windows firewall..

Just been to Barclays to buy some Mother board and stuff and found Kaspersky Internet Security 2010 (3 user) for Rs2850 and bought it. Thank you Kim machan.

Rs.2850 is ok..

AVAST and Zone alarm is good combination.. I used Zone alarm also (hacked again) but it start affecting my P2P software, so i removed it and open those ports with Windows firewall..

machan try to ignore Sri lankan P2P servers cus there is a virus spreading named "Mahasona"

machan try to ignore Sri lankan P2P servers cus there is a virus spreading named "Mahasona"

I used to get lot of Movies and stuff, most of them from Europe and America. AVAST has P2P shield as well, never come across Mahasona yet :ninja:

Hi Guys,

Since my Norton Internet Security is due for renewal next week I am thinking of switching the brand to Kaspersky as its lot cheaper than Norton. But I have always been with Norton can any one give me first hand experience about Kasper please. If its good for value I will switch. Or any other suggestions.

No words. Get Kasper 2010. Its the best ot bests.

• 3 weeks later...