• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Mirigama Circuit.

shamitz

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The latest word is that the event tomorrow (23rd Aug) isnt a MRA organized event anymore.

Its organized by the track owner & some loyal enthusiasts.

Anyway .. hope all goes well. :)

• 1 month later...

noticed an article in todays papers about the track - it mentioned something about the track being suitable for all EXCEPT the SL - GT class ?! :huh:

anyone care to explain? :unsure: i know there was much discussion about the run offs etc, but is it really so tight or dangerous for the 2L AWD to race on it?

We went there on Sunday n had one hell of good time. :jumping-smiley-013:

Here are some of the clips, more to come....

|

Refer Conversion To Vvti

Regrdin da track

Pros:

Wide- specialy the straight Can hav up to 4 cars side by side

no bumps, well layd tarmac, abt 300m strech

Drift - the last 2 corners r awsome

Cons: (there are still constructions goin on so in the future most of them might get sorted)

Runoff area-

Some turns has almost non but they'v made a 3ft high wall(pile of dirt)

As for the turns with enough runoffs they'v used them for temp storage locations. <_<

Peds- Once we saw a pregnant lady crossin da track :blink:

Entry- Entrace is located in da middle of da track, and there is no sign nor a marshal to notify which way to go and whether there is an on goin race.

Patches of dirt on da track.

From Malabe its only 50Km to the track. Left around at 8 and came back by 12.

Regrdin da track

Pros:

Cons: (there are still constructions goin on so in the future most of them might get sorted)

Runoff area-

As for the turns with enough runoffs they'v used them for temp storage locations. <_<

Entry- Entrace is located in da middle of da track, and there is no sign nor a marshal to notify which way to go and whether there is an on goin race.

its good to know that its close enough to travel to, but i find the amount of ppl as seen in the in the video literally ON the track (ex : the Yellow BJ ) almost absurd! :(

driving around fast is dangerous enough and the reason why we'd take the trouble to go to a track to really let rip i feel to a large extent is about the "controlled environment" aspect

and if that degree of safety isn't there is a cause for concern i feel

that being said its great to know that there is a track that all and sundry can use freely - props to the man who owns n runs the track for that! :)

Gentlemen, what are the charges like? & is it based on laps covered or time spent?

Here are some of the clips, more to come....

|

Refer Conversion To Vvti

Regrdin da track

Pros:

Runoff area-

thanx for the info mate, what abt the prices ? any car can run ryte ?

noticed an article in todays papers about the track - it mentioned something about the track being suitable for all EXCEPT the SL - GT class ?! :huh:

anyone care to explain? :unsure: i know there was much discussion about the run offs etc, but is it really so tight or dangerous for the 2L AWD to race on it?

i think most people are "worried" over the GT class cars a tad bit too much...

from the two races i've been to...had the opportunity to stay quite close to the track... and most of the cars that went off track were not from the GT class...

IE the ford event is highly contested and quite a few cars tend to go out of control on and off....

I think the AWD factor of the GT cars keep them glued to the track a lot better even at much superior speeds...

But yeah in an event of a crash... there's a pretty good chance that the GT cars will hit a lot harder :P

is there any Rule that GT-class cant run or something ? anyway i have seen some gravel on the Track so running semi slicks are not possible

Yup, Rs 1100/- for the whole day.

Value for money :)

The track is great. I think once all the work is finished it will be anice one. Hope the owner keeps it open at all times and to all people.

We wish him all the very best.

Lets all plan a day and go have some fun.

The MFOC is surely gonna organise a timed event.......but only if we get enough participants from Al ........ <_<

Yup, Rs 1100/- for the whole day.

Value for money :)

The track is great. I think once all the work is finished it will be anice one. Hope the owner keeps it open at all times and to all people.

We wish him all the very best.

Lets all plan a day and go have some fun.

The MFOC is surely gonna organise a timed event.......but only if we get enough participants from Al ........ <_<

Thanx for the info mate, i also like to join, hope u organize it on a Saturday

its good to know that its close enough to travel to, but i find the amount of ppl as seen in the in the video literally ON the track (ex : the Yellow BJ ) almost absurd! :(

driving around fast is dangerous enough and the reason why we'd take the trouble to go to a track to really let rip i feel to a large extent is about the "controlled environment" aspect

and if that degree of safety isn't there is a cause for concern i feel

that being said its great to know that there is a track that all and sundry can use freely - props to the man who owns n runs the track for that! :)

Gentlemen, what are the charges like? & is it based on laps covered or time spent?

Sorry! mates totaly forgot da pricin factor

Its Rs.1100.00 per one whole day. IMHO its cheap :rolleyes:

mm sounds very intriguing indeed! Specially considering the pricing and the "any car can run" factor! :D Gihan I don't mind tagging along if you guys go during a weekend :D

machan till mid November we wont able to go, but mid November for sure we are going, STI3, B4 my Subaru and a Honda EG6, as always you are welcome bro

machan till mid November we wont able to go, but mid November for sure we are going, STI3, B4 my Subaru and a Honda EG6, as always you are welcome bro

Sweet! Add Toyota Vios to that list :D I'm in. Let me know man. Gonna save up the cash for petrol from now itself :lol:

i was wondering about the Petrol factor...

is there a shed with 95 Oct anywhere near the track? :huh:

Wel there is a shed at the Mirigama town, but not sure if they have 95. Track is 2km from the town. I went in with 3/4 tank of fuel, and came out with 2/4.

You should be worrying bout is the tyres... not fuel. :action-smiley-060:

What size u running on the Z.?