• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Yokohama A300 Bridgestone Tg80 T/l (turanza Gr-80)

SimpleAuto

Question

Hey Guys,

Need a small favour from all of you. I have a 121 and front tyres need replacement. Currently I have Yokohamas and what you guys recommend out of aforesaid options in respect to performance, comfort, handling etc. The spec is 195/60 R15. Your kind help is greatly appriciated.

Thanks.

Edited by SimpleAuto

14 answers to this question

Hey Guys,

Need a small favour from all of you. I have a 121 and front tyres need replacement. Currently I have Yokohamas and what you guys recommend out of aforesaid options in respect to performance, comfort, handling etc. The spec is 195/60 R15. Your kind help is greatly appriciated.

Thanks.

hey man, we changed the tyres on our car (vios) about 2 months ago, our size is 185-65-R14, we chose the Michelin XM1 energy tyres over the Bridgstone Turanza's cause of the numerous people who said the tread goes off very quickly in the Turanza. I dunno whether it can be confirmed, but the Michelins have rubbish performance, lol their grip is very poor, but the comfort is very high.. we felt a huge difference when we put the michi's, so if you wanna go for the turanza's you better make sure you look after them properly, rotate them every 5k and check the alignment every 5k as well. The yokohama's are pretty good too, but 1 of the best tyres performance wise is the potenza, they have your size at the agents, but i doubt you can afford it, it was almost 19k a tyre 2 months back :violent-smiley-030: but check around and see, and of course the others will have much better views than mine :rolleyes: G'luck man, let us know what you put in the end, (oh and btw changing ONLY the fronts, is quite pointless and dangerous, i strongly suggest you sell the rear tyres and buy 4 new ones, and if you cant afford to buy 4 new ones, then buy some cheaper tyres) do NOT put 2 different types of tyres for the car. my advice to you (if you cant afford to get 4 new tyres) is to buy some cheap tyres for about 4-5 k and put the better and less worn tyres to the front, and once all 4 have worn out, then change the tyres.. and for heavens sake rotate the tyres at the service! its the main reason as to why only the fronts have gone.

cheers, V.

Edited by virensti

The cheapest japaneese tyre is DUNLOP. Tread ware is little heigher than the YOKOHAMA and BRIDGESTONE.

Dunlop riding is very comfort and side walls are thin. therefore you have to take care when you are going againest pavements etc etc.

My original Brigestone(Japaneese) one did 60000 km before i change to Dunlop. But I don't think DUNLOP could do even close to that.

Yokohama is equally good as Bridgestone but little harder.

If you are going for the best, It should be BRIDGEDTONE japaneese. (Bit expensive). Other wise go for DUNLOP japaneese.

You could also look into Hankook. They provide a pretty good mix of comfort, performance and handling and are somewhat less expensive than the others mentioned. Mine were of the 195-55-R15 variety. Check the Hankook site and do some research before going to the agents tho, and decide on the model you want. And do go to the agents, you can get a better price than third party dealers.

Hey Guys,

Thanks.

I bought 195/60r15 GT super Tyre @8800/= . if we compare tyre cost per KM GT is the cheapest, and its is a less trouble tyre.

What is the difference between 195/60 R15 and 195/55 R15. What are the advantages and disadvantages of both? I have 195/55 R15

tnks

195/55R15 is lower than 195/60R15.When the profile is lower the width should be wider.Try 205/55R15 if it is 55 series tyre.

What is the difference between 195/60 R15 and 195/55 R15. What are the advantages and disadvantages of both? I have 195/55 R15

tnks

Dear mate,

Refer following

http://www.carbibles.com/tyre_bible.html

http://www.1010tires.com/tiresizecalculator.asp

So before deciding your tyre sizes calculate your appropriate profile with the calculator. Increase in the diameter may cause break failure. If we refer 195/60 60is the percentage of wall height from 195, So the wall height is not the same of 195/60 and 205/60. 60 is called profile when we go for low profile tyre cost increases. :rolleyes:

Hey guys, need some input. Friend of mine needs new rubber, so just want some pricing. Just off the top of the head, what options are available for 185-65-14 and rough prices.

thats the stock size for ek3. i replaced mine recently. GTx- 8400, roadstone -8400 , hankook (korea)- 9900 , brdgestone (turanza i guess) 10200(indonesia). this is all i checked.

Edited by VPJ

Hey guys, need some input. Friend of mine needs new rubber, so just want some pricing. Just off the top of the head, what options are available for 185-65-14 and rough prices.

thats the same size we got on ours mate. the michelins cost my dad 12,600 per tyre. (thats with free alignment and balancing at dimos) total bill came to 50,700 or something like that. (this was about 5 months ago btw) and at that time other options i looked at were, pirelli p6000's 11,500 each, bridgestone turanza's 13,000 each, bridgestone normal tyres (Dunno the name) 10,500, i'm guessing you can get some falkens and dunlops for about 9k or so.. thats as much as I can remember :unsure: