• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

42 Psi For 165r13 - 6plrt ?

eyepea

Question

The door pillar says 3.00 kg per cm^2 tyre pressure for 165R13-6PLRT tyres (which I have).

This converts to about 42 psi ! :o

I seached the forums and came across very informative threads like:

http://forum.autolanka.com/index.php?s...851&hl=tire tyre pressure&st=0

http://forum.autolanka.com/index.php?s...e+tyre+pressure

from which I gathered that the reccomended pressure in the door pillar or slightly less (about 10% less even) is what is good.

Of course assume the information was mainly for tyre pressures 28 - 30 psi (and I assume 4 ply tyres).

I didn't try 42 psi.

I tried about 36 psi for a short time and in most SL roads (except a smooth high way) it is like going on rocks !! :o

What most garages suggest is 30 psi. They say a higher pressure will damage the suspension parts when going in typical SL roads !. :(

Well I tried 30 psi and the ride is smoother. But after some time the tyre sides on some wheels showed more ware.

So tyre shop says increase pressure to about 34 psi. But still the garage says 34 too high and will damage suspension. :blink:

Anyway 34 is too bumpy too.

So what should I do. Use 32 psi and follow the middle path ? :rolleyes:

note: loading 2 - 3 people most of the time and some times loads of may be 200 - 400kg.

But still 32 psi and 42 psi seems to have quite a big difference. :unsure:

What would you advice please ?

for normal loads and for higher loads ?

what are your comments on suspension damage due to high pressure on typical SL roads ?

Thanks.

4 answers to this question

mate, your tyres are gonna wear either way. (Whats your car btw) pump 30 psi and maintain it. tyres are gonna be cheaper than replacing all your suspension bits and peices. and what you can do to counter the massive wear is to keep rotating the tyres every 5000km's (fronts to rear rears to front in 1 line) and set the alignment as well every 5k. thats the best you can hope for. dont pump higher.. unless you run on only roads like the nawala road and baseline road.

Edited by virensti