• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Vechical Full Check Up

ACG

Question

Dear Experts

I recently purchased re-conditioned Vios. Now I want to do a full check up of the vechial to identify any issues related to that. So far is working OK, but I still want to know what the issues with it are.

Any suggestions on the place and price range where I can do a full check up.

Many suggested to go to Toyota Lanka. Is that a good place?

Cheers and Thanks

ACG

19 answers to this question

I too recommend that you go to Toyota Lanka.

If you go to an ordinary place they might pick on some neglegible faults of the vehicle and try to grab a bite out of your pocket.

But the agents can't lie to you cause it's all about their reputaion.

A full inspection of a Mark 2 cost me less than Rs.2,000/= a year ago at Toyota Lanka. For that they gave a report of all the major faults of the vehicle, an estimate of the current fuel consumption etc. and you can get a rough quotation for repairs as well.

Better give a call to Toyota Lanka and get the current price checked. You may also need to book a time. A general inspection won't take more than an hour.

Yeah Toyota will do a check up for around 2-4 k. Get the diagnoses and the possible faults and DO NOT rush into giving it in for Toyota repairs.. just find out whats wrong.. cause otherwise your gonna be spending the amount of cash you paid to buy the car, to pay the Toyota bills.

btw mate is it a manual gear or auto gear vios? could you tell me how much you paid for it, the milage and how it does on fuel? thanks. (sorry for going OT)

I too recommend that you go to Toyota Lanka.

If you go to an ordinary place they might pick on some neglegible faults of the vehicle and try to grab a bite out of your pocket.

But the agents can't lie to you cause it's all about their reputaion.

i actually have an opposite view on that mate. i think not only Toyota every single agents in SL go to great lengths to discourage recon imports. even if its mean dragging their own brand through mud. best thing to do is to get a report off them and then get a second opinion before going ahead with the repairs.

btw mate is it a manual gear or auto gear vios? could you tell me how much you paid for it, the milage and how it does on fuel? thanks. (sorry for going OT)

are you planning on getting rid of your ahm... 'fancy' ride for a 'basic' one?

are you planning on getting rid of your ahm... 'fancy' ride for a 'basic' one?

:blink: eh? what do you mean mate? I'm just trying to check on some stuff that might or might not be wrong with our Vios.. :mellow:

:blink: eh? what do you mean mate? I'm just trying to check on some stuff that might or might not be wrong with our Vios.. :mellow:

Bro; I purchased it un-registered for 3.12 million about 1 month ago. It is auto gear and it is with full body kit and colour is wine red. The milage was 35k and so far it does 12 per liter in colombo on 95 Octane.

This was purchased from a small car sale. I got to know them via on of my friends. I actually check the prices from other reputed places. I looked at one from Indra and it was 2004 model and the price was 3.05m. The interier condition was pretty bad and the milage was 25k :blink: Looked at another one 2004 one and it was priced at 2.9m but I didnt like that car.

Thank you all for the advices.

Cheers

Bro; I purchased it un-registered for 3.12 million about 1 month ago. It is auto gear and it is with full body kit and colour is wine red. The milage was 35k and so far it does 12 per liter in colombo on 95 Octane.

This was purchased from a small car sale. I got to know them via on of my friends. I actually check the prices from other reputed places. I looked at one from Indra and it was 2004 model and the price was 3.05m. The interier condition was pretty bad and the milage was 25k :blink: Looked at another one 2004 one and it was priced at 2.9m but I didnt like that car.

Thank you all for the advices.

Cheers

You bought it for 3.1? I was under the impression that unreg prices had come down quite a bit. Looks like their back up now...

You bought it for 3.1? I was under the impression that unreg prices had come down quite a bit. Looks like their back up now...

I think the price range is around 3 to 3.1m for a 2005 model. But there were some cars that were going below this range but the condition was not that good. I felt this car is having much better condition. But you never know ... There is some differences in prices based on the colour as well and Red for Vios is bit higher than the other colors. But i am not an expert on that.

3.1m included everything, registration at RMV, revenue licence, etc. I just paid and took the car with me.

I think the price range is around 3 to 3.1m for a 2005 model. But there were some cars that were going below this range but the condition was not that good. I felt this car is having much better condition. But you never know ... There is some differences in prices based on the colour as well and Red for Vios is bit higher than the other colors. But i am not an expert on that.

3.1m included everything, registration at RMV, revenue licence, etc. I just paid and took the car with me.

wow ok. How much have you insured the car for? Man, ours (in 2007 oct) was 2.5 Mil. lol plus another 50 k for insurance.. but then we've replaced/repaired it for about 150K now though. :( but outta that 50k for tyres and 40k for shocks (which are a necessacity on this country) so its not too bad. :)

wow ok. How much have you insured the car for? Man, ours (in 2007 oct) was 2.5 Mil. lol plus another 50 k for insurance.. but then we've replaced/repaired it for about 150K now though. :( but outta that 50k for tyres and 40k for shocks (which are a necessacity on this country) so its not too bad. :)

Virensti,

What make/model shocks did u get? Did it improve the comfort level? I bought my vios about 1 and a half years ago, i think the shocks have to be replaced now :unsure:

Virensti,

What make/model shocks did u get? Did it improve the comfort level? I bought my vios about 1 and a half years ago, i think the shocks have to be replaced now :unsure:

okay i'll PM you, my comment was really OT. sorry guys.

Edited by virensti