• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

N 16 Range - Fuel Consumption

DVT

Question

Agree with what you say after doing a bit of reserach by myself where I checked about eight ES8 that were put in the paper for sale , during last 2-3 weeks.

All gone.

Apprecite your comments.

Stay away from N16 and FB15. Is has good demand but it hardly to over 10kmpl even outstation. You can find Good 99/00 EK3 around 1.5M - 1.8M and will do 12-14 Kmpl without a problem.

And both me and VPJ got our EK3s recently.. reselling is a not a problem at all, if you have maintained your car well. And if it's in stock condition you will even be able to charge little more.

Very impressive! From where did you get your car checked? How much did it cost to get the job done?

well I took it to Bruce Nigel, his garage is in thalahena, it was a long job though, so it came to slightly over 10k. its a 2 day job. but worth it :)

well I took it to Bruce Nigel, his garage is in thalahena, it was a long job though, so it came to slightly over 10k. its a 2 day job. but worth it :)

Could you please provide me with the address & contact details? I'm also not too happy with the mileage I'm getting at the moment on my Vios. You are getting 12kmpl in Colombo traffic with a/c on the whole time?

Could you please provide me with the address & contact details? I'm also not too happy with the mileage I'm getting at the moment on my Vios. You are getting 12kmpl in Colombo traffic with a/c on the whole time?

yup, but only during sane driving. (shifting constantly under 2000-2500 rpm's mind you). I sent you a PM with his contact info mate. didn't you get it?

yup, but only during sane driving. (shifting constantly under 2000-2500 rpm's mind you). I sent you a PM with his contact info mate. didn't you get it?

Yes I got your PM. Thanks a lot for the information. Much appreciated. Replied back.

N16 ex-saloon year of manufacture 2000.automatic gearbox done 13-14km during trip to yala from mountlavinia and return yala hambantota-mountlavinia, colombo running 8-9 km per liter ,but have to say N16 is mcuh more comfortable than vios.and it's a very steady car during highspeed and cornering.also estetically it's looks better,only fault is low fuel economy in city runnig than toyota vios o corolla. Edited by sanjeev

With that budget, you should be able to go for a N16 EX Saloon

Fuel figures with a 2007, 1300 cc manual car

* does about 9 to 10 Km/PL in Colombo Traffic

* Have not gone out of Colombo for a long time until recently went to  Ruwanwalla off Avisssawella during traffic time and it did close to 14.

You have to be ensure that the airflow sensor and filter are in good condition. + the tune up is through a valve/ knob located in the fuse box  - there is no Oxygen sensor for this car model.

My ride use to do as low as 6 and any members said there should be something  wrong and they were correct, soon as I changed the above including the airflow sensor which did not give an error or show any malfunction, all worked perfectly.