• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

1600 Sohc Honda Eg 8

Devinda_N

Machan it was a 1993 legacy ,2500cc twin turbo.... ny ways cn i get a 316I in that range ?

Cheers! :rolleyes:

you can def pick up a top condition E30 in that kind of range... go for a 89-91 car that has full service history and you'll be sorted. E36's will be a bit higher, generally they go from about 1.3 upwards but in the current market you should be able to pick up a decent deal.

Devinda,

Originally dis car had some Pearl Orrange color and it was owned by Gaya. Den gaya sold it to some one...but when gaya was using dis it was pretty ok...

it also had a black hood..u knw forged carbon fibre ...lol...and after Gaya sold it...dat one had smashed da car as per my memory , and den this must be da current owner...when gaya was using engine was Swapped @ Upul's garrage. and dat was on 2006 (if m not mistaken)...anyways dis EG8 with D16 motor and da current owner claims it 150BHP...dats fkn un acceptable as bcz not 1.6 Vtec can deliver unless it is been extremely tuned and with upgraded ecu...bcz da car i use has D16W7 and dats a 2005 Honda civic..and it also delivers max 118BHP and dat is on factory default ECU and stock grade. M pretty much sure dis EG8 wont give 150 BHP ...if da owner still claims it...do a BHP test with a onbaord ECM scaner....

plus all i can say is EG8 19-4747 is a car which has run on many hands and undergone many mods and many changes...m prety much sure it will be like a horse with tricked out mind...so pls check very well before buying it !!!

The engine was swapped in 2006 , 1.6 vtec engine was purchased from a very popular tuner in sri lanka .

It was equipped with a Tuned - i- chips ecu, & certain internal modifications were done. I don't know whether is produced 150hp, but the car was quick.

a 2500cc twin turbo legacy? there was no such thing at least not that early in the legacy's life... the only twin turbo legacys have the EJ20 (2.0 Liter) motor, same one as found in the impreza, only it has twin turbos instead of a single turbo. What was the number of the car do you remember?

ooops sorry machan .. ya it was a 2.0 ltr twin turbo ... numbr is 19- something ..car is at Kaluthra....

Cheers!

you can def pick up a top condition E30 in that kind of range... go for a 89-91 car that has full service history and you'll be sorted. E36's will be a bit higher, generally they go from about 1.3 upwards but in the current market you should be able to pick up a decent deal.

Yeahh muchan .. tryd that too but ... the e30 i chkd hd poor pulling powr .. n handling was nt too gud toooo ... suckzzzz !

The engine was swapped in 2006 , 1.6 vtec engine was purchased from a very popular tuner in sri lanka .

It was equipped with a Tuned - i- chips ecu, & certain internal modifications were done. I don't know whether is produced 150hp, but the car was quick.

Thnx everyone............ i went to see the car n ... wel i was nt sooo plesd..... paint was nil.... engine bay is like hell...... intirior was nt dat gud ...pulling powr was a bit more than a stock 1.5 Vtec ..... n i talkd to Upul as wel ... n he didnt recomend it eathr .... so thr goes the 1.6 Sohc ...ny way thnk u all for the information n advice ......... looking for a stock 1.5 vtec eg......... went to see some n thr was this one in piliyandala ... nice car .. all stock , sunfoof ... but the metr says it hs run for 270000+ km ....cn get it arround 9.5.................. is it worthed ?

Thnx everyone............

i went to see the car n ... wel i was nt sooo plesd..... paint was nil.... engine bay is like hell...... intirior was nt dat gud ...pulling powr was a bit more than a stock 1.5 Vtec ..... n i talkd to Upul as wel ... n he didnt recomend it eathr .... so thr goes the 1.6 Sohc ...ny way thnk u all for the information n advice ......... looking for a stock 1.5 vtec eg......... went to see some n thr was this one in piliyandala ... nice car .. all stock , sunfoof ... but the metr says it hs run for 270000+ km and the engine chk light was lid...... ....cn get it arround 9.5.................. is it worthed ?????

Cheers!

Thnx everyone............

i went to see the car n ... wel i was nt sooo plesd..... paint was nil.... engine bay is like hell...... intirior was nt dat gud ...pulling powr was a bit more than a stock 1.5 Vtec ..... n i talkd to Upul as wel ... n he didnt recomend it eathr .... so thr goes the 1.6 Sohc ...ny way thnk u all for the information n advice ......... looking for a stock 1.5 vtec eg......... went to see some n thr was this one in piliyandala ... nice car .. all stock , sunfoof ... but the metr says it hs run for 270000+ km and the engine chk light was lid...... ....cn get it arround 9.5.................. is it worthed ?????

Cheers!

dont you feel that it has Covered alot of Kms.Anyway V tec for that price is worth.....

Halooo every one ! Planning on selling my dual carb and to go for a stock vtec ... fedup with body kits and cosmatics ... so i've been looking here n thr n found a eg vtec which has a 1600 sohc engine .. it has been swapd here in sl.. does anybody knw abt this car ( Racing blue ... lip kit .tuned i chips ECU.) owner claims that it has 150 bhp ... is it posible ? hw is the fuel consuption on this motor ? & da pulling power ? is it wise to go for a odd motor like this ? wht do u think guys ?

Don , pericles , Gearhead , Elvis , Shanx , Jadeyblitzen ............ im counting on you guys ... n here r some photoz of my eg dual carb aftr the accident ......

Cheers!

There is Maroon 300 - EG8 in Kandy.. it looks good don't know if it's VTEC