• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Karting Returns To Sri Lanka

ash

750 for 10mins is a bit much,i cant see them attracting new customers regularly when the novelty fades off unless prices drop.if not only the hardcore enthusiasts will remain after awhile .

it is true motor racing is expensive in SL...and thats exactly whats wrong with it...as long as things remain the same the chosen elite and the rich will share the trophy's among themselves and pure talent will go un-noticed

i agree 100% here.. we see some realy idiots who cant even shift properely but race since they have even more mornic sponsers to sponser them..

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Language, Guru. No need to get personal. Just stick to making your point.

I mean, we all look at 750 as a lot for a 10 min thrill. But there are those who don't think so. Then again, there are those who think nothing of going to a club and dropping 10k a night on alcohol. My money, my petrol, as someone once said. No need to fight about it. Hope it'll get lower so we can all enjoy it more, but no need to fight about it.

Bugati you have an expensive name but you sound so cheap. why do you people even bother being on this forum. its people like you who make autolanka look bad by your stingy comments...people tend to think that AL members are stingy people.... the same goes to steve too. use your brains before you talk

60 posts... 4th july 2009.. hmmm.. anyway bugati and supra has been here long enough... much longer than u have been here... now since thats cleared...

i would really like to see what u drive.... as far as everyone knows.. AL members are far from stingy... most of the rides they have are pretty expensive... and to add to that modded.. dont think u will be able to keep up with bugatis ride mate... u know why.. COZ he has SPENT in doing it up a bit... and remember just coz people have money to burn people will not just cash out for a bad value proposition.. only newly rich idiots will do that since thier money came from the sky.. and it will not last the next generation..

people here have money.. but that also have brains..... 750 for 10 min's is ludacris wheater u have money or not... and yes people will try this out.. but repeats wont be that much if the price remains that way...

Language, Guru. No need to get personal. Just stick to making your point.

I mean, we all look at 750 as a lot for a 10 min thrill. But there are those who don't think so. Then again, there are those who think nothing of going to a club and dropping 10k a night on alcohol. My money, my petrol, as someone once said. No need to fight about it. Hope it'll get lower so we can all enjoy it more, but no need to fight about it.

I thought smileys are accepted... anyway I dont hav anything personal but mate Chuti Putha has a very annoying attitude(I know that I'm not helpin) and it is by all means offensive and this is not the first time.

Regarding topic yes me too think Rs.750 is on the high side. Might have to limit it to once a month or once in 2 months. Rs.500 sounds reasonable.

MFOCers, how about a karting session on comin Sunday...? B)

I thought smileys are accepted... anyway I dont hav anything personal but mate Chuti Putha has a very annoying attitude(I know that I'm not helpin) and it is by all means offensive and this is not the first time.

Regarding topic yes me too think Rs.750 is on the high side. Might have to limit it to once a month or once in 2 months. Rs.500 sounds reasonable.

MFOCers, how about a karting session on comin Sunday...? B)

I'm in.... but only if our friend is there too.. :P

Edited by Bugatti

Ok so GFx and I went and checked out the Speed Drome.

Woooooohooooooo!! That was FUN!

I would also tend to agree on the pricing though to a certain extent. However, we are not in a position to put a price on it ourselves as we are unaware of the overall cost that goes into maintaining the place. We don't know what the profit margins are to say a certain price for 10 minutes is more sensible. End of the day, atleast a place like that has finally come up and lets hope it stays up. A reduction in the price WOULD definitely be nice though. Still it was worth every penny!

Ok so to talk about the problem I had. POWER\WEIGHT RATIO IS A PROBLEM! Gfx weighing the same as a fly overtook me on the straight like as if he was running NOS! :action-smiley-060: Haha!! It was hilarious! I was jumping up and down in the kart willing it to move faster! Atleast the two of us had fun DRIFTING the kart at every corner! LOL!

Overall a great place! Atmosphere could be a little better. Maybe some background music. I reckon 6 karts at a time should not be an issue. Would make it interesting!

Ok so GFx and I went and checked out the Speed Drome.

Woooooohooooooo!! That was FUN!

I would also tend to agree on the pricing though to a certain extent. However, we are not in a position to put a price on it ourselves as we are unaware of the overall cost that goes into maintaining the place. We don't know what the profit margins are to say a certain price for 10 minutes is more sensible. End of the day, atleast a place like that has finally come up and lets hope it stays up. A reduction in the price WOULD definitely be nice though. Still it was worth every penny!

Ok so to talk about the problem I had. POWER\WEIGHT RATIO IS A PROBLEM! Gfx weighing the same as a fly overtook me on the straight like as if he was running NOS! :action-smiley-060: Haha!! It was hilarious! I was jumping up and down in the kart willing it to move faster! Atleast the two of us had fun DRIFTING the kart at every corner! LOL!

Overall a great place! Atmosphere could be a little better. Maybe some background music. I reckon 6 karts at a time should not be an issue. Would make it interesting!

lol yeah it was so fun, in the first run i was taking full throttle corner exists and end with 180's and 360's, after the first 13 laps i got an idea how to drive RWD :lol: 2nd time even i did lods of drifting still manage to exit the corners with power slides and it was fun, both of us didn't concentrated on lap times and had damn gud fun, overall happy to get gud timing too, like we discussed earlier power to weight does matter, :D

lol yeah it was so fun, in the first run i was taking full throttle corner exists and end with 180's and 360's, after the first 13 laps i got an idea how to drive RWD :lol: 2nd time even i did lods of drifting still manage to exit the corners with power slides and it was fun, both of us didn't concentrated on lap times and had damn gud fun, overall happy to get gud timing too, like we discussed earlier power to weight does matter, :D

There's your answer B4. Lightweights in the car mean it slides more. If you weight more, the car will be more stable and you can corner a bit faster. Faster corner entry, can get on the gas more aggressively in the corner coming out, and faster corner exit. Only hope you've got. Twisty circuit helps. Only issue is, you'll probably get left behind at the start itself, and then have to overtake... Oh well :) I remember running at Excel world against mad max. Or bring some weights for GFX's car :D

There's your answer B4. Lightweights in the car mean it slides more. If you weight more, the car will be more stable and you can corner a bit faster. Faster corner entry, can get on the gas more aggressively in the corner coming out, and faster corner exit. Only hope you've got. Twisty circuit helps. Only issue is, you'll probably get left behind at the start itself, and then have to overtake... Oh well :) I remember running at Excel world against mad max. Or bring some weights for GFX's car :D

i never had problem entering corners full throttle, but when i try to exit corners Full throttle then the car slides, anyway there are two or three corners if u enter full throttle and manage to exit faster you can get gud advantage, i don't think its a gud idea to add more weight to my cart :lol:

Ok.. 2PM it is..! found my old helmet, but needs bit of attention.

yes, they give you helmets, and make sure when u driving u put you visor down, there are small stones around and if u close to overtake someone then there are chances stones hit your helmet, it happen to me

i never had problem entering corners full throttle, but when i try to exit corners Full throttle then the car slides, anyway there are two or three corners if u enter full throttle and manage to exit faster you can get gud advantage, i don't think its a gud idea to add more weight to my cart :lol:

I noticed that if you dont stick to a certain line, the tail steps out constantly. and mind you i'm 85kg's. So i'm guessing the line also has a certain effect. not sure though :unsure: man you guys did it twice? :blink: I guess I'm the only one who needs gloves.. (This is quite embarrassing) :action-smiley-060:

I noticed that if you dont stick to a certain line, the tail steps out constantly. and mind you i'm 85kg's. So i'm guessing the line also has a certain effect. not sure though :unsure: man you guys did it twice? :blink: I guess I'm the only one who needs gloves.. (This is quite embarrassing) :action-smiley-060:

yeah line is very important but i keep ignoring it to get some drift :lol: man im loving it, yes we did it twice with no gloves :D

Ummmmm.......... the centrifugal force will always drag you out of the line on the turn which will make you slide when trying to regain it. Therefore the heavier you are, the higher the centrifugal force. Throttle control is what is needed. Shall work on that.

Actually it's more fun drifting a kart on a track than taking the lines!! :)

Ummmmm.......... the centrifugal force will always drag you out of the line on the turn which will make you slide when trying to regain it. Therefore the heavier you are, the higher the centrifugal force. Throttle control is what is needed. Shall work on that.

Actually it's more fun drifting a kart on a track than taking the lines!! :)

too much Drifting ended with a blown Tyre :lol:

Charith you have still not replied to the question...what do u drive man????????? u said u can shift better than the racing drivers so tell me what do u drive????????????

what does it matter? he isnt going to be racing what he drives on the Kart track now is he? By the way, it really would be nice to see the man behind the big words and the tough guy attitude sometime, you sound like a really amusing bloke!

I'm really beginning to wonder whether you have a vested interest in the track and centre NOT doing well, since you seem to be so determined to drive away potential customers.

Regardless, went there yesterday evening... track was quite wet with some standing water, but decided to go for a round anyway... and man it was SUPERB!!! those things really feel like they're flying when you give em beans, and the wet track meant endless entertainment in the going sideways department, although I'm quite happy to report i didnt spin it once! :D and my first instinct upon completing the first 10 minutes was to run to the ticket office and get another, but common sense kinda prevailed, since I was already soaked through!

Anyway, it was indeed a very enjoyable experience and when you're actually in the damn thing running around that track you really dont think about your wallet lol. Its only when you're outside that the persistent feeling that the whole experience would be improved even more if it were maybe just a bit cheaper..... Still, I can categorically say i'll be going back soon, just not as often as I would REALLY like to, thanks to the pricing structure.

Charith you have still not replied to the question...what do u drive man????????? u said u can shift better than the racing drivers so tell me what do u drive????????????

Dude, if you weren't being so busy being an ass, you could have looked up Charith's profile and seen for yourself, rather than going OT on this thread. He's actually filled things out, and not hidden behind a screen name. Now I have to go thru this thread and clean up all your OT BS. That is not making me happy. If your here looking for fights, we don't want you here, so just spare us the trouble and clear out.

Charith let me ask u this again what do u drive???????????? u still havent answered that question :angry-smiley-048:

hmmm.. i asked first u know.. its not nice not to answer a question with a question... :rolleyes: so i assume u drive that 110 i spoke of ealier.. now dont be shy please do tell.. then i will.. i promise...