• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Karting Returns To Sri Lanka

ash

each of the karts seem to have rather different handling characteristics -i really felt the difference cuz i had to switch karts mid way through - must try another kart the next time and see.. :mellow:

or else when posting the laptimes we should specify the kart no as well - assuming that the karts are not tuned or tinkered with much this could substantiate any doubts we have about some karts being faster than others...

in all honesty i wouldn't mind paying some kinda membership fee even, should it translate into some kinda benefit in terms of pricing , priority or possiblity of pre selecting karts etc , given the kinda frequency with which i would ideally like to patronize the place

I was asking Dinesh Jayawardene about the possibility of lessons - after all lets face it, the bulk of us here have no training when it comes to driving aside from the day to day running about which isn't quite the same as track driving.

i of course have hours and hours experience in track driving...NFS and GT :P

but this link seems to be somewhat decent on giving some tips...

http://www.karting1.co.uk/karting-techniques.htm

youtube also should have quite a few me thinks :)

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you sure? lap record was 36.00 when we went yesterday (according to the print out on the timing sheet) so dunno if it changed in the meantime

My best effort was 39.70

yesterday someone had broken thiwankas record and the new one is 34.00, the record print on the sheet is wrong but sooner they gona put a leader board there

Edited by GihanFX

yesterday someone had broken thiwankas record and the new one is 34.00, the record print on the sheet is wrong but sooner they gona put a leader board there

new lap record is dinesh j's it's 34 something... he did it with the number 8 kart sadly i dont think we have access to that kart.... coz i've never seen it there....

new lap record is dinesh j's it's 34 something... he did it with the number 8 kart sadly i dont think we have access to that kart.... coz i've never seen it there....

i also heard that story, like u said we don't have access to that kart :(

Edited by GihanFX

thats not entirely fair in that case now is it :(

so the question will yet remain as to whether or not its the kart or the driver

GFX - what kart does Thiwanka normally use?

i think its the Driver, riding kart 5 STI-B4 average 39.82, his best lap was 39.23, next Race Ashan drive the Kart 5 and he average 37.88 and his best lap was 37.02, as i remember Ashan was half lap ahead of us in the race and if we do 26 laps he would have over lap both of us lol :lol:

Here are some lap times and u can see Kart 6,3,5 are gud, i heard Kart 8 is very fast but no access to us , kart 4 and 1 also have lap times of 35.xx, but i don't have the exact timings, what i think is its the Driver, not the Kart,

Kart 6 - 35.95

Kart 3 - 36.27

Kart 5 - 36.41

Its the Fear Inside the DRIVER :D the more closer you can get to the corner with speed the less timings u will get see the second time I went there after reading those tutorials how to brake drift and corner I did 39.009 from 42.21 and yes I still braked very much at the last turn coz I kept on drifting near the edge of the track couple of times.

What we should concentrate are:

1. Memorize the track

2. Learn how to control the kart - throttling/ braking/ drifting in corners

3. The Race line of the track

4. Learn how to tackle the track- How to take the big turn/ hair pin/ etc.

5. Improve our weak points specially in turns

6. Push your self to the limits to improve on timing :D

Isnt there anybody who can really teach the art of Karting and take us to a new level?

i think its the Driver, riding kart 5 STI-B4 average 39.82, his best lap was 39.23, next Race Ashan drive the Kart 5 and he average 37.88 and his best lap was 37.02, as i remember Ashan was half lap ahead of us in the race and if we do 26 laps he would have over lap both of us lol :lol:

Here are some lap times and u can see Kart 6,3,5 are gud, i heard Kart 8 is very fast but no access to us , kart 4 and 1 also have lap times of 35.xx, but i don't have the exact timings, what i think is its the Driver, not the Kart,

Kart 6 - 35.95

Kart 3 - 36.27

Kart 5 - 36.41

well thats certainly good to hear - must give it a go again over the weekend and see how to improve :)

Isnt there anybody who can really teach the art of Karting and take us to a new level?

I asked Dinesh Jayawardene about lessons - he mentioned that he kinda is tutoring some youngsters on Saturdays..

in time to come there maybe a set up in place to offer lessons - even their website had something about a training section if i recall right..

I asked Dinesh Jayawardene about lessons - he mentioned that he kinda is tutoring some youngsters on Saturdays..

in time to come there maybe a set up in place to offer lessons - even their website had something about a training section if i recall right..

didn't Nadeera raced in the twin kart on the opening day ? i think they using the twin kart for training,

Kart 6 - 35.95

Kart 3 - 36.27

Kart 5 - 36.41

Went today at around 7pm. Good thing it stoped raining as I reached the track. The track was very wet...

Drove both kart 3 n 6.

Kart 3 - steering is very stiff. U need gloves for that. Ended up with a flat tyre in last lap. (muscle-memory made me hand look for gear lever in the first 2 turns) :action-smiley-060:

Kart 6 - steering is light n quicker than 6 3 which made me spin 2 times in 1st n 4th lap cus I got use to cart 3. Best time 43.65

Need bigger seat... Till lap 6 I was only half way through but after some bumps did manage to sit properly. Prad had da same issue...

Prad did 41.88 in kart 04. I think he drove kart 2 in first round.

For 02.10.09 best time of the day 36.8

Track record 3.60 :blink:

Driftin is awsome we were shakin that thang....

Good service - free shower caps for the health conscious, wipes both helmet n kart after each drive. Saftier than what I drove in Excel world. One of me friends got his hand burned. The burned pattern looked cool though (remind me of Kungfu)

One request though - need more HP for more Kg. :angry-smiley-024:

O.k. guys n gals meet u all at 2pm this Sunday. :jumping-smiley-013:

Reason for editing - mistakenly wrote 6 instead of 3. (bold)

Edited by GuruG

Went today at around 7pm. Good thing it stoped raining as I reached the track. The track was very wet...

Drove both kart 3 n 6.

Kart 3 - steering is very stiff. U need gloves for that. Ended up with a flat tyre in last lap. (muscle-memory made me hand look for gear lever in the first 2 turns) :action-smiley-060:

Kart 6 - steering is light n quicker than 6 which made me spin 2 times in 1st n 4th lap cus I got use to cart 3. Best time 43.65

Need bigger seat... Till lap 6 I was only half way through but after some bumps did manage to sit properly. Prad had da same issue...

Prad did 41.88 in kart 04. I think he drove kart 2 in first round.

For 02.10.09 best time of the day 36.8

Track record 3.60 :blink:

Driftin is awsome we were shakin that thang....

Good service - free shower caps for the health conscious, wipes both helmet n kart after each drive. Saftier than what I drove in Excel world. One of me friends got his hand burned. The burned pattern looked cool though (remind me of Kungfu)

One request though - need more HP for more Kg. :angry-smiley-024:

O.k. guys n gals meet u all at 2pm this Sunday. :jumping-smiley-013:

Track Record is 34.00 and it was done by DJ, from my side no complains for seat size, stiff steering and power lol, also all the karts perform same and like u said 5,6 has more power, anyway what was ur average and how many laps u 2 did ?

Track Record is 34.00 and it was done by DJ, from my side no complains for seat size, stiff steering and power lol, also all the karts perform same and like u said 5,6 has more power, anyway what was ur average and how many laps u 2 did ?

IMSMR...

1st round I did 12 n prad did 13

2nd round I did 11 n prad did 9(changed the card due to throttle prob) avg was 44. sumthin...

C u guys 2mrw :rolleyes:

on the subject of Karting - take a gander at Ken Blocks newest video! :o

1:56 is when the good stuff starts..

not as good as his usual ones imo :mellow:

2:00, 3.08 damn that was close...

Edited by GuruG