• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

My Fuel Station Pump Was Cooked Big Time

DVT

I don't know how many of you will agree with me BUT OPEN FOR COMMETS ...but my true experinece is that some fuel station pumps are cooked big time. I arrived at this conclision is based on my own experience.

I used to re-fill my tank full from the F.station near by St,Brixxx COLLEGE , colombo (IOX). on every friday on my way home.

The cost was ranging from 4500 ruppes to 5000 on average.

But one day , I happened to pump fuel from LAUGFS at Koswata (between Battaramulla and Malabe) and realised it was just 3900 rupees.It was a shock since I did the same milage on average taht week and there was no reason for such a reduction.

I tried the next time and so on. Believe me or not my averegare cost went down to Rs. 4000 per week thereafter :violent-smiley-099:

Note there was no change in fuel price during that time and always I used to pump 90 octane.

Now I am a regular customer of LAUGF. :jumping-smiley-013:

Just try by yourself.

There was a news on paper telling that recently imported fuel pumps imported by cypetco dispense less fuel than shows in the reading. These pumps were imported from China by a son of a minister. Brand name of the pumps is something like " Sanki". Most of new cypetco stations have these pumps. Be aware...!

I don't know how many of you will agree with me BUT OPEN FOR COMMETS ...but my true experinece is that some fuel station pumps are cooked big time. I arrived at this conclision is based on my own experience.

I used to re-fill my tank full from the F.station near by St,Brixxx COLLEGE , colombo (IOX). on every friday on my way home.

The cost was ranging from 4500 ruppes to 5000 on average.

But one day , I happened to pump fuel from LAUGFS at Koswata (between Battaramulla and Malabe) and realised it was just 3900 rupees.It was a shock since I did the same milage on average taht week and there was no reason for such a reduction.

I tried the next time and so on. Believe me or not my averegare cost went down to Rs. 4000 per week thereafter :violent-smiley-099:

Note there was no change in fuel price during that time and always I used to pump 90 octane.

Now I am a regular customer of LAUGF. :jumping-smiley-013:

Just try by yourself.

Mate.. I also pump fuel from this IOC place.. And sometimes from other places such as the Kohuwala ceypetco shed but never seen any mileage reduction when I pump from the IOC... Happen to always pump full tank and measure the kmpl and not how much it costs for a full tank which can vary due to many reasons such as how much is left in the tank etc..

But have seen a slight reduction on the two times I pumped from the IOC shed in Mount Lavinia.. Been avoiding it ever since..

Interesting. I was told there wasn't much chance of this sorta happening coz even tho the sheds are maintained by private owners, Ceypetco sends around inspectors to take measurements from the pumps every so often to certify its working properly. For all I know filling a beaker and seeing it the pump readout is right. However, I got this info in pre-IOC days. Wonder if IOC has something in place to check their pumps like that system.

Edited by Pericles

Fuel delivery people in SL use diesel bowsers to deliver petrol and vice versa. IOC used to do it from the begining and now both ceypetco and IOC happilly doing it for the sake of business. God help us on our petrol vehicles. what i heard from a bowser guy is, these bowsers have some amount of fuel which cannot be emptied to avoid corrossion inside. 25000 liter bowser could have 100's of liters of fuel as a buffer in it. Just imagine that 100s of liters of diesel mixing with petrol. ???

When it comes to fuel additives, we messure them as 1 or 2 mililiters per liter. cos its that affecive when it comes to mixing. So mixing 100s of liters is a disaster....!

Fuel delivery people in SL use diesel bowsers to deliver petrol and vice versa. IOC used to do it from the begining and now both ceypetco and IOC happilly doing it for the sake of business. God help us on our petrol vehicles. what i heard from a bowser guy is, these bowsers have some amount of fuel which cannot be emptied to avoid corrossion inside. 25000 liter bowser could have 100's of liters of fuel as a buffer in it. Just imagine that 100s of liters of diesel mixing with petrol. ???

When it comes to fuel additives, we messure them as 1 or 2 mililiters per liter. cos its that affecive when it comes to mixing. So mixing 100s of liters is a disaster....!

I do not know about now but before around 10 years ago CPC bowsers were used on Petrol & for diesel it is hired. Since petrol is extremely flammable this was done. Regarding the quality of the oils CPC oils are tested and I know they are very good than IOC cheap Indian scrap I think they are the same quality as other Indian goods.

Regading the quantity every shed shall give a measuring can upon request. But no one ask for it. Yes each & every shed pumps different quantities since adjustment of meters are done by the officials upon bribes given by the shed owner. Regarding IOC sheds government measurement department takes care.

Also depending on the pumping speed quantity changes. As I can remember in "Tokheim" meters the slower the meter runs leakage is higher means give higher quantity than measured. But in "Vane" meters it is the other way. (Tokheim & vane are two brands)

So, here in SL we can not change those corruption. We have to try & find out what shed gives the max. What I do is tank full, meter zero and check thck the cost/km in next tankfull. It will give somewhat better selection. But I always go for CPC fuels (Laugs also sells CPC fuels).

I do not know about now but before around 10 years ago CPC bowsers were used on Petrol & for diesel it is hired. Since petrol is extremely flammable this was done. Regarding the quality of the oils CPC oils are tested and I know they are very good than IOC cheap Indian scrap I think they are the same quality as other Indian goods.

Regading the quantity every shed shall give a measuring can upon request. But no one ask for it. Yes each & every shed pumps different quantities since adjustment of meters are done by the officials upon bribes given by the shed owner. Regarding IOC sheds government measurement department takes care.

Also depending on the pumping speed quantity changes. As I can remember in "Tokheim" meters the slower the meter runs leakage is higher means give higher quantity than measured. But in "Vane" meters it is the other way. (Tokheim & vane are two brands)

So, here in SL we can not change those corruption. We have to try & find out what shed gives the max. What I do is tank full, meter zero and check thck the cost/km in next tankfull. It will give somewhat better selection. But I always go for CPC fuels (Laugs also sells CPC fuels).

What is you idea about so called EXTRA PREMUim sold by IOC @ Rs.134.00?

Some ppl say it does more Kms than normal. Me too tried and found it ltl better than normal.

Thilak

i too goes to "LAUGFS at Koswata (between Battaramulla and Malabe)" for my diesel ...same story..49-50 L become 55+ in other places ..like the palawatte IOX :unsure:

Wow .....thanks mate for the confirmation.

On the same board...... :angry-smiley-048:

I remember being severely embarrassed at a LAUGFS once after I was led to believe they dispensed diesel at prices lower than the competition (I was naive and easily trusting back then, not the crusty old cynical bastard I am now), and sort of avoided them after that.

Edited by terrabytetango

I too believe that the Laughs fellows are more accurate in their meters.. Laughs too have Ceypetco stuff, but they are generally better than the usual Ceypetco fellows.

I usually pump from the Kohuwala Laughs shed. After a numerous bad experiences with a number of Ceypetco & IOC sheds, I now prefer even pushing the car to the Laughs spot rather than going to any other place. There may be other Laughs sheds too who steal, but I really recommend the kohuwala joint (BTW I'm not a relative of the owner, or a shareholder)

There's another fact that I've heard from a number of sources. The pumper fellows sometimes put pauses when they hold on to the release handle, while dispensing fuel. I've heard that they do this to trick the meter, and when a couple of pauses are done, the dispensed amount of fuel is actually less than what the meter shows.

There is no need to hold on to the handle with the new pumps cause they automatically stop after dispensing the specified number of liters / amount / full tank. So I seriously believe this pausing thing is done to steal.