• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

The Indian Alto - A Personal Take

Supra_Natural

guys! slow down. a slight increase in width will give you more grip. but it won't help reduce body roll in any way.

i kinda did the math on that tyre sum out of curiosity/jobless-ness. :D

145/80R12 to 155/65R13 means the axle goes down 15mm cos of the profile, and goes up 12.8mm cos if the bigger rim. So effectively the car lowers by 2.2mm. Can someone confirm my math?

Not much of am advantage on body-roll, considering the level of comfort you'll be loosing.. As it is the tyre's pretty small in diameter, hence sensitive to even the smaller uneven parts of the road.

Edited by Dilesh

How about fixing a Strut brace.... will it reduce body roll??.But In S.L they are not available for alto

Will have to get it made

well you can get one custom built for an alto. But it's pretty pointless without other mods. it'll sharpen the turn in and reduce chassis flex. but it'll increase understeer on stock systems. and have no effect on body roll at all.

i kinda did the math on that tyre sum out of curiosity/jobless-ness. :D

145/80R12 to 155/65R13 means the axle goes down 15mm cos of the profile, and goes up 12.8mm cos if the bigger rim. So effectively the car lowers by 2.2mm. Can someone confirm my math?

Not much of am advantage on body-roll, considering the level of comfort you'll be loosing.. As it is the tyre's pretty small in diameter, hence sensitive to even the smaller uneven parts of the road.

yes. it'll give you more feedback through the steering wheel. but the feel will get blunt as the width increases. either way the responses will be sharper.

well you can get one custom built for an alto. But it's pretty pointless without other mods. it'll sharpen the turn in and reduce chassis flex. but it'll increase understeer on stock systems. and have no effect on body roll at all.

yes. it'll give you more feedback through the steering wheel. but the feel will get blunt as the width increases. either way the responses will be sharper.

where to get 1 made and also How much will it cost bro Thanks......

oOhhh..... They might have been Not heavy :D

me = 90 kg and co-driver = 120kg - not heavy lol :action-smiley-060: other 4 around 70kg and fully loaded boot

total abt 500+kg very near to kerb weight. BTW i'll never do it because i'm not hoping to overhaul suspension system soon.

Edited by Miyuru Daminda

me = 90 kg and co-driver = 120kg - not heavy lol :action-smiley-060: other 4 around 70kg and fully loaded boot

total abt 500+kg very near to kerb weight. BTW i'll never do it because i'm not hoping to overhaul suspension system soon.

kk bro.You might have lifted the rear...

Anyway If you havnt lifted the rear,it means that 80/145/12 can be used ...Gud

ANyway it 155/80/12 looks ugly on a 800....

I think u got it wrong bro,

Stock tyres are 145/80R12 and AFIK proper upsize is 155/65R13 that only cause +0.954% difference in speedo.

yup bro...145/80/12 so havnt you lIfted the rear??

I was wondering why Some Altos and 800s are Lifted in the Rear when they put Dish alloys...

Is there some particular reason,Does it do any change in handling???

What ive heard is that Lowering the car Improves Handling

Do you know a place to get 1 custom built???