• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Which One Is The Best !!

Chathurike

Question

21 answers to this question

i also had a time deciding from which one to get out of the above two ,

finally settled for a trooper due to following,

1) Fuel consumption is better in the troopie

2) and the isuzu diesel engines are much more reliable and long lasting compared to the Mistsubishi, ( other than the gemini engine )

3) love the recaro seats as it gives good ride comfort on long distance journeys

4) Trooper is Slightly cheaper than the pajero

personally ti like the rugged look of the trooper compared to the pajero , and i was very perticular about the color as i only wanted white ,

this is my 2 cents

here is a pic of my troopie

03102009263r.jpg

Edited by MRM

personally i would prefer the pajero as a friend of mine has one in mint condition and it has not given any problems.

it is also more comfortable than the trooper.

however if you are looking for a vehicle for yourself i would recommend a diesel hi lux single cab it the same cost or if money is no option a used 166.... for a little more $$$

i have troopie as well...i use it mainly to haul drunkards around the wennappuwa town on weekends(the curse of being the only teetotaller in the bunch...lol).

well the pajero is the better choice,it is more refined than the suzie...but the price those buggers are asking for it now is outrageous...

the troopie is far better value for money,it is a bit loud and a bit rough around the edges...but isuzu's no nonsense approach to car building has won me over,it almost never breaksdown and if it does there are spare parts everywhere for cheap...5 STARS!!!

well the pajero is the better choice,it is more refined than the suzie...but the price those buggers are asking for it now is outrageous...

agree with you on this , as tropie dash and few other things are also more old fashioned , and this is the raason why i feel the paj is more expensive ofcouse the Mitsubishi name has a better demand ( Value ) than isuzu .

hey im looking for jeep !! i hav 2 choices

mitsubishi pajero (palath sabha model)

Isuzu Trooper

wich 1 is da best !! plz leave ur commentz !!

cheers

go for the troppie it jus hav this rugged look and raw sound that u wont get in any other jeep.

i also had a time deciding from which one to get out of the above two ,

finally settled for a trooper due to following,

1) Fuel consumption is better in the troopie

2) and the isuzu diesel engines are much more reliable and long lasting compared to the Mistsubishi, ( other than the gemini engine )

3) love the recaro seats as it gives good ride comfort on long distance journeys

4) Trooper is Slightly cheaper than the pajero

personally ti like the rugged look of the trooper compared to the pajero , and i was very perticular about the color as i only wanted white ,

this is my 2 cents

here is a pic of my troopie

03102009263r.jpg

hey machan did u buy this recently i checked out a very similar one down kalubowila...couldnt get a price quote cos the sales guy was on the phone for a good 10 min and didnt bother to come out with the keys even...ps NICE BUY

go for the troppie it jus hav this rugged look and raw sound that u wont get in any other jeep.

hey machan did u buy this recently i checked out a very similar one down kalubowila...couldnt get a price quote cos the sales guy was on the phone for a good 10 min and didnt bother to come out with the keys even...ps NICE BUY

i also bought it about a month back from kelaniya ,this was not advertised paid 2 Mill

mechanically runs perfect, so far i have run over 2,000Km's no problem at all.

does anyone know anything about the "handling by Lotus" and "Irmscher" editions?? always been curious as to what Lotus did to tweak a diesel SUV's performance! :blink:

Irmscher was a german tuning house, as far as I can tell all the Irmscher edition did was get the recaro seats and some body extensions... Mostly a Trim level.

Isuzu and Lotus worked together in the 80's because both had ties to General Motors, Lotus used an Isuzu sourced engine in the FWD Elan remember?

If i remember correctly, They did some suspension tuning on the Troopie, to make it more interesting on the road, hence the "handling by lotus" badging.

Irmscher was a german tuning house, as far as I can tell all the Irmscher edition did was get the recaro seats and some body extensions... Mostly a Trim level.

Isuzu and Lotus worked together in the 80's because both had ties to General Motors, Lotus used an Isuzu sourced engine in the FWD Elan remember?

If i remember correctly, They did some suspension tuning on the Troopie, to make it more interesting on the road, hence the "handling by lotus" badging.

I knew it was a German tuner - those Recaro's are the funky very 80's looking things with the mesh head rests right?! :D

:o FRONT wheel drive Elan?? :huh: do elaborate!

this was one thing which i really fell in love with , actually those recaro's are very comfy on long distance journey's he he

to be fair and prove that what you say is true i think you should take a completely independent 3rd party such as myself for a round in that thing to substantiate your claims :lol:

personally i would prefer the pajero as a friend of mine has one in mint condition and it has not given any problems.

it is also more comfortable than the trooper.

however if you are looking for a vehicle for yourself i would recommend a diesel hi lux single cab it the same cost or if money is no option a used 166.... for a little more $$$

Are you refering to the New Single Cab comming from Thailand ?

The price is really good and you have capacity for 4 people eventhough the rear is a bit cramped up.

I am in two minds of selling the Jimny and getting one of those. Only concern is that the vehicle is comming out of Thailand and we all know the re sale value difference between the Suzuki Swift from India Vs Japan.

Are you refering to the New Single Cab comming from Thailand ?

The price is really good and you have capacity for 4 people eventhough the rear is a bit cramped up.

I am in two minds of selling the Jimny and getting one of those. Only concern is that the vehicle is comming out of Thailand and we all know the re sale value difference between the Suzuki Swift from India Vs Japan.

so aren't all Hilux's , Fortuners & everything on that platform made in Thailand anyway? :huh:

:unsure:

to be fair and prove that what you say is true i think you should take a completely independent 3rd party such as myself for a round in that thing to substantiate your claims :lol:

anytime mate maybe for the next AL Get to gether i can pick you and go .. :rolleyes:

I knew it was a German tuner - those Recaro's are the funky very 80's looking things with the mesh head rests right?! :D

:o FRONT wheel drive Elan?? :huh: do elaborate!

Really? you didnt know? that was the result of lotus trying to re-invent the wheel so to speak in the late 80's (when else?) and deciding that conventional sports car wisdom was all wrong and that the layout of hot hatches was the way to go... transverse FWD in a roadster.... Unfortunately though it was a nice idea they launched it just about slightly after mazda decided to try it's hand at making a modernized copy of the original RWD elan, and we all know how that story went!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lotus_Elan#1990s_Elan

there ya go, wiki is your friend as always.