• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Why Keep Her Dirty...coz Risky ...

DVT

You may think this is a silly question but I really want to know what you guys think about this.

My first car was a FB 14 (98 model). I fell in love so much with her so that wanted to keep her clean as much as I could :rolleyes: . I used to get the engine too washed at every service .

Every time I washed the engine experienced, for sure ,there is a problem coming along with such.That could be the distributor unit, plugs, alternator unit or any other electrical part due to the water which is leaked in.How much you request them to be careful and close them properly , no use they are not loving your car as much as you are.

Finally I made up my mind no engine wash :violent-smiley-099: For the last 4 years I don'twash the engine but only when I want to sell.

My new car engine is Nissan QG 15 (blue bird syslphy 2004) and wondering whether to stick to my own policy or relax that a bit.

I Always wash my Car Engine at home using normal garden hose. and i use a normal house hold De-greaser / Cleaning liquid to remove dirt and oil. since the 1ZZ-FE Engine doesn't have any distributor (Ignition coil on top of the plugs, almost inside) i didn't ran into any problems. you should be careful not to sprinkle any water into Fuse boxes, relays, Alternator etc, or cover up them with Foil. never use high pressure water to clean engine bay.

Washine the engine bay with water is always not advisable unless you are doing it on your own at home with proper protections for the electronic items like fuses, alternator etc.

I always wash out the excessive dirt at home with garden hose.

There are few service stations who will refuse washing your engine with water even if you request them to do so.

Pitstop cleans the engine with air nice and clean.

Washine the engine bay with water is always not advisable unless you are doing it on your own at home with proper protections for the electronic items like fuses, alternator etc.

I always wash out the excessive dirt at home with garden hose.

There are few service stations who will refuse washing your engine with water even if you request them to do so.

Pitstop cleans the engine with air nice and clean.

ditto that - stick to Air - much safer