• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Underglow Neon Legal???

riddle

Question

dude...i understand,,,,but if i get a neon set for around 1000-1500rs(1k-1.5k) why wont i go for it eh???

and this is for ma first car mate...i'v been waiting till this day after playing nfs underground2(from 2004 i guess)

is it outa fashion dude???

I think what Dev meant was 'why do you want to have neon lights in the 1st place?" am i right Dev?

a question i too would like to ask....cos it used to be 'in' when F&F and drag-fever hit the roads, but its been gone for ages...

precisely Dilesh!

...just out of harmless curiosity, may we know what make & model of car you intend on installing these neons on? :huh:

Guys, you might wanna remember that there is a proposed law that says no car modifications allowed and you need permission from some official j***a$$ to do it. Not in effect, AFIAK, but worth keeping in mind. Under the hood mods might be harder to catch, but neons are easy targets.

lol////i hope you could understand what a 20year old guy[ME:)] would like to drive eh?? flashy yet classy...lol

those two terms dont really go hand in hand very well. Especially not if the car in question is a 15 year old honda civic with a nightclub's worth of neon on the bottom! Then again, no accounting for personal taste I suppose, so whatever floats your boat mate...

those two terms dont really go hand in hand very well. Especially not if the car in question is a 15 year old honda civic with a nightclub's worth of neon on the bottom! Then again, no accounting for personal taste I suppose, so whatever floats your boat mate...

yep :) ditto that :)

I've seen a canter truck and quite a few tuk tuks also near my place with those blue neons :P pretty slick :lol:

but yeah...all comes to personal taste :)

and as far as i know...ricing isn't illegal just yet...

go for it mate... think no one is gonna think ill of you if u put them in civics..... its JUST The right thing to do. :rolleyes: ... but a word of warning.. those neon tubes will break if u hit a big pavement... so make sure you get a good set and that u dont go in rough terrain after installing them...

thanks guys..

@ charitha- thast rite mate...anyways i dopnt think my neons are breakable coz i will be making them personally...speaking the truth i cant afford neons so what im gonna apply is the super led theory....there damn cheap and good looking...

and im planning on having a couple of sound activated led's under the accelerator pedal ass well.which will respond to the beat..

thanks guys..

....anyways i dopnt think my neons are breakable coz i will be making them personally...speaking the truth i cant afford neons so what im gonnado is to apply is the "super led theory"....there damn cheap and good looking...

and im planning on having a couple of sound activated led's under the accelerator pedal ass well.which will respond to the beat..

thanks guys..

....anyways i dopnt think my neons are breakable coz i will be making them personally...speaking the truth i cant afford neons so what im gonnado is to apply is the "super led theory"....there damn cheap and good looking...

Wht colour are U gonna Use???

as a neon veteran i'd like to add my 2 cents here.

this was many years ago and it was during the height of the neon craze. i thought it was cool (i was pretty young too) and slapped on some 15 feet of blue neons on my car for the princely sum of 12000 rupees. according to s*n l*nka that was the most amount of neons they fitted to a single car back then, which is something to be proud of, if you are the kind of person who goes mad over neons. anyway it was fun to watching people breaking their necks trying to bend down and figure out what the hell the cars floating on. but then it attracted the wrong sort of attention as well. I usually get some peace and quiet at night. but whenever i switched on the neons (yes, i was smart enough to install a switch) everything from tuk tuks to trucks were racing me. not to mention the cops. who always found it the best thing to point their radar at. or just randomly stop me and give me boll*cks. and when i switched it off for a moment of peace i would wish that i had it switched on, mostly cos that would have made the girl i just drove past look at me (and possibly wonder how short i am in the trouser department, which didnt quite occur to me then). then there was the pain of keeping them safe. neons give the best effect when they are around 5 inches off the ground. too high and it will look too dim. too low and it wont light up an area wide enough. mine were just 4" off the ground and i would wet myself everytime i approached a small unevenness on the road a little too fast. i've lost a total of 13 feet of neons during those tiny "calamities". finally i grew up and stopped switching them on, and of course replacing them. hope you guys learnt something from my experience. if you didn't here's the bottom line. don't do it!

as a neon veteran i'd like to add my 2 cents here.

this was many years ago and it was during the height of the neon craze. i thought it was cool (i was pretty young too) and slapped on some 15 feet of blue neons on my car for the princely sum of 12000 rupees. according to s*n l*nka that was the most amount of neons they fitted to a single car back then, which is something to be proud of, if you are the kind of person who goes mad over neons. anyway it was fun to watching people breaking their necks trying to bend down and figure out what the hell the cars floating on. but then it attracted the wrong sort of attention as well. I usually get some peace and quiet at night. but whenever i switched on the neons (yes, i was smart enough to install a switch) everything from tuk tuks to trucks were racing me. not to mention the cops. who always found it the best thing to point their radar at. or just randomly stop me and give me boll*cks. and when i switched it off for a moment of peace i would wish that i had it switched on, mostly cos that would have made the girl i just drove past look at me (and possibly wonder how short i am in the trouser department, which didnt quite occur to me then). then there was the pain of keeping them safe. neons give the best effect when they are around 5 inches off the ground. too high and it will look too dim. too low and it wont light up an area wide enough. mine were just 4" off the ground and i would wet myself everytime i approached a small unevenness on the road a little too fast. i've lost a total of 13 feet of neons during those tiny "calamities". finally i grew up and stopped switching them on, and of course replacing them. hope you guys learnt something from my experience. if you didn't here's the bottom line. don't do it!

it takes a big man to admit to all that! :lol: