• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Undercoating

tombo

hey machan sorry for the late reply

i did the undercoating myself man..because auto painting is kind of a hobby of mine...if you want pro job using good meterial kleenpark is the best otherwise most local painters should do an adequate job imo...best of luck!

aney...i had no idea how you were longing to undercoat my undercarriage ripper... :P ...okay...but you have to promise to be extra careful with my pushrod and balljont area coz it's really tender down there :action-smiley-081: :

aiyo sorry to dissappoint you brother... you would have to go to your usual joint to do the undercoating stuff cos i'm not in to that sorta thing....

but since you mentioned certain areas being tender...i bet you're getting all roughed up and undercoated quite often :P

Just thought of sharing a DO IT YOURSELF job that I did recently with a friend of mine.

1.) Sand paper off the rust spot (can use hand or the machine)

2.) Fill the spot with Cataloy (is that how you spell it?)

3.) Let it settle for couple of days and sand off the excess.

4.) Apply Primer (could be known as undercoating too)

5.) Use a spray can or a gun and do two coats. We used a spray can.

civic1k.th.jpg

civic12.th.jpg

mate the "proper" undercoating thing is very very hard once it sets in so it can take the abuse of rocks and other hard debris hitting on it.

i doubt cataloy have the same strength but yeah, on a budget...i suppose it's better than not having anything at all...

i bet masterdON can elaborate a bit more cos he seems to be quite in on the whole undercoating business :P

Just thought of sharing a DO IT YOURSELF job that I did recently with a friend of mine.

1.) Sand paper off the rust spot (can use hand or the machine)

2.) Fill the spot with Cataloy (is that how you spell it?)

3.) Let it settle for couple of days and sand off the excess.

4.) Apply Primer (could be known as undercoating too)

5.) Use a spray can or a gun and do two coats. We used a spray can.

civic1k.th.jpg

civic12.th.jpg

dude you're talking about a normal retouching job...undercoating is a whole other thing,where a thick tar like substance is applied to your underside for it's protection from daily rigorous pounding :D

aiyo sorry to dissappoint you brother... you would have to go to your usual joint to do the undercoating stuff cos i'm not in to that sorta thing....

but since you mentioned certain areas being tender...i bet you're getting all roughed up and undercoated quite often :P

:(

aiyyo...i was really lookin forward to it...you're missing a chance of a lifetime pal...IT"S BOOTYLICIOUS!!! :P:P:P

Edited by MasterDon

ok I am asked by many,on and off the forum,if undercoating a vehicle is un-neccessary and if it's more trouble than it's worth...so i will post my answer here for the betterment of the masses..Firstly what you have to bare in mind is that there are several types of stuff you can use and if it's the clear coat,which is basically a scam,stay away!... Now the tar based stuff which I used pretty effective in my opinion and a must have on Sl roads...The formost complain of "non users" is that the stuff retains water and it leads to corroding of the body overtime.This is somewhat true,but as i have said over and over it's the way of application which counts the most,It is my firm belief that if applied properly and using the optimum equipment it should pretty effective and will not retain water pockets.I have a 70 year old car which was restored about thirty years ago and undercoating was applied,and to this day there are absoloutely NO signs of corrosion on it whatsoever.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

ok I am asked by many,on and off the forum,if undercoating a vehicle is un-neccessary and if it's more trouble than it's worth...so i will post my answer here for the betterment of the masses..Firstly what you have to bare in mind is that there are several types of stuff you can use and if it's the clear coat,which is basically a scam,stay away!... Now the tar based stuff which I used pretty effective in my opinion and a must have on Sl roads...The formost complain of "non users" is that the stuff retains water and it leads to corroding of the body overtime.This is somewhat true,but as i have said over and over it's the way of application which counts the most,It is my firm belief that if applied properly and using the optimum equipment it should pretty effective and will not retain water pockets.I have a 70 year old car which was restored about thirty years ago and undercoating was applied,and to this day there are absoloutely NO signs of corrosion on it whatsoever.

Hi, couple of questions,

1. Doesn't applying the undercoating guarantee anti corrotion?

2. Once an undercoating is applied, is it bad to use high preasure when cleaning undercarriage?

A more general question,

Is Koswatta LA*GHS undercoating is good?

They say they use 3M products, guarantees for 5 years and costs 13/- roughly

Plus they ask for a whole day to clean the undercarriage, wait till it dry n apply the coating!

Thanks,

Hi, couple of questions,

2. Once an undercoating is applied, is it bad to use high preasure when cleaning undercarriage?

A more general question,

Plus they ask for a whole day to clean the undercarriage, wait till it dry n apply the coating!

Thanks,

1- NO, it does not garuntee anything, but it will delay it quite a bit! How much the delay is depends on the design of the vehicle (on how well water retention is minimized), the quality of the coat (and its application) and how well its taken care of.

2- If you've let the coat harden and set well enough there wont be a issue using a pressure gun.

Edited by Watchman

Hi, couple of questions,

A more general question,

Thanks,

The two guys above me have answered well to your queries.Refer here for more DIY info

I have no experience with the Laughs undercoating.3M products are generally highly rated among forum users.Kleenpark also provides this service .

The two guys above me have answered well to your queries.Refer here for more DIY info http://forum.autolan..._80#entry210738

I have no experience with the Laughs undercoating.3M products are generally highly rated among forum users.Kleenpark also provides this service .

MasterDon,

Kleen park do Tyff-kote which is a Swedish product. widely used in Singapore.

I got it done by them used a Nissan Van for more than 10 years, no under chassis or floor board corrosion.

http://www.tuffi.com.sg/clad_kote.html.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

• 2 weeks later...

The best I've come across is causeway products. Do a underbody wash. Sand or grind the areas which is rusted, then spray Kenlux Anti Corrosive Paint and on top of it spray the Sunny underbody black. And I guess your sorted with that. A guy at Dehiwala does it for 8000 using a hoist.

The best I've come across is causeway products. Do a underbody wash. Sand or grind the areas which is rusted, then spray Kenlux Anti Corrosive Paint and on top of it spray the Sunny underbody black. And I guess your sorted with that. A guy at Dehiwala does it for 8000 using a hoist.

Do you work for Causeway by any chance because the post sounds a bit like an advert for them.

Do you work for Causeway by any chance because the post sounds a bit like an advert for them.

'The Don',

I know this person who do this servise at Dehiwala he was a EX Foreman in car cleaning section at kleen park.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Edited by Sylvi

Dude, how is THAT marketing? Firstly if he was a causeway marketer would he send the OP to the Dehiwala guy? oh wait is he marketing that guy too? :roll eyes: You've been here long enough to know that we (forum members) all recommend something/someone we truly believe will help.. besides, it wasnt an unprompted 'marketing' trick.. Havent you yourself ever made such recommendations?

And fine throw ALL that in the river.. If soulja's post is "marketing", how is sylvi's following NOT marketing??? Why such double standards? you eating soup off silver spoon?

'The Don',

I know this person who do this servise at Dehiwala he was a EX Foreman in car cleaning section at kleen park.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Not an offence man, just wanted to confirm that it was not an attempt at guerrilla advertising :)

And If you're looking for a gurilla marketer why dont you go look into the sylvi's posts.. I see a very intricate guerilla marketing plot that seems to have gone under even your radar where Sylvi promotes KL3@N P@RK saying "KP introduced this to Sri Lanka", "KL3@N P@RK does this service at XXX price", "KL3@N P@RK provides XYZ", "KL3@N P@RK bought a Rs.50 million workshop", "EBC technician used to be foreman at KL3@N P@RK" etc etc etc.. hence trying to give the impression that KL3@N P@RK is THE place to goto, and they are the most experienced, and if someone worked there the person has to be good (hence KL3@N P@RK is awesome blah blah blah...)

Why just pick on soulja? yeah yeah, i'm marketing soulja now :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Need I say more...

PS: this is barely the FULL result of a simple search...

'RoughRider',

I am not promoting any service station.

If you can go to Jaela opposite Rukmani devis statue Kleen Park has a very well equipped service station you can try out that Service Station.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

'DMendis',Toyota Lanka workshop at Maharagama is on high level road former Kleen Park work shop.Opposite side on Arpico show room.Sylvi Wijesinghe.

MINIACE,

Mag City at the start was very good they worked till late night.

This Mag City was started first in Kandy to my knowledge with Ex Clean park foreman. only Auto detailing. His services first was discontinued by Ms, Indra trades Colombo for a Fxxxd. Very efficient worker with good family back ground. He is no more there now working for a leading Leasing company as a foremen.

later in Colombo was also another who was trained in India by clean park who was responsible by setting up in Colombo body shop and painting work.They had another Engineer who was discontinued from M/s, Indra trades his services due to his inefficiency in management of workers and correct Diagnostics of automobile faults, although he was qualified on paper qualifications.

When above said person body shop in-charge he too left because late payment of his salary.When he was there I have visited number of times with my friends for their automobile repairs at the start management was very good pay masters to their workers later they did not get enough profits what they expected.

I think they have technical personal like rolling stones.

Partially qualified inexperienced young Mechanics was recruited by them to get more profits. There location is very good have good tools and equipment to handle new automobiles.

I am not condemning the Mag city name they will have to have efficient workers, who are capable of correct diagnostic of a fault who will do a dedicated part of work what is entrusted to them personally, with proper supervisory management.

All staff should be paid good salaries at the correct time.

I don't advertise any automobile service establishments nor promote business for them, I am not a broker living on commission not interested in increasing my post count to be paid I have told early I am not interested in money.

I only contribute my knowledge in automobiles to the Auto Lanka forum.

Above is my opinion.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Re your three Questions.

Kleen park had stopped any A/C work for last 4 months after they sold their Navinna center to Toyotalanka..

About Auto A/C system cleaning means.

Complete cleaning with nitrogen injected to your system topping up oil of the compressor. Re gas filling oil.

Will be around rupees 7500.00 to 12500.00 in a professional Auto A/C center.

There are service centers who do that for rupees 5000.00 also the do not have proper technology behind them.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Members,

Even kleen park had criticism at last they sold their Navinna complex which had investment of 100M to Toyota lanka for 55m. Their CEO was a

enterpreneur he started in 1988 Clean park original first Auto detailing center in dehiwala detailing to Japanese style as he was in japan.

That was a very success full project. then he went in a very big way to do Automobile accident repairs,did not get correct mechanics to do quality repairs.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

toyota sucks',

Tint City opposite the old Gamini cinema which is no more is owned by kleen Park They have changed their original Clean Park name which existed from 1989 due to all other car cleaning stations started with that Cleen Park name.

I think they are undergoing complete change in their management system at the moment with a newly appointed Qualified Automobile Engineer General manager when I last spoke to Mr. Ranjan Rartnasena (CEO) said to contact new GM as he is responsible for new management.

I hope he will do better than what was in the past.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

'GKWKK',

What is the make and model of your car how old it is.Is it pasted type or the rubber weather strip which can be reused type.

If you want to do it your self do not use compound or very thin water sand paper to cut.

Have to do a machine polish try "Klean Park" at Dehiwala or Navinna I think they have a new station near Rukmani Devi statue opposite side of the road at Negambo road too.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

'LS110',

This product I don't think any Srlankan company is offering This product is some thing like the road marking compound white and yellow we have in Srilanka. I will give you the foreign correct method of spaying same I was offered this product few years back by a USA company I did a feasible study to find the investment will not give return back. This product is some thing like the road marking compound white and yellow we have in Srilanka. This is a powder comes in a bag then it is heated with a solvent and sprayed on to the truck bed. If you have some contact with road marking people in Srilanka you will be able to get the power bags then do it your self, some times they will help you to do same.

Some what like Kleen park do for Rust proof Tuff kote.

Foreign advertisement about the truck liner sparing.

Spray on Bed liners are one of the hottest aftermarket truck accessories to come along in a long time. And liner Spray on Bed-liners are some of the best looking, longest lasting, and most versatile ones available in the market today.Spray on Bed liners use the most economically sound, impact resistant polymer coating available and provide a tough, slide resistant surface in your truck bed.Liner has a high degree of UV stability, high-gloss retention, and is available in custom colors and with custom graphics to match any style.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Members,

Kleen park only operating in Wasala lane Dehiwala at the moment. They will open up at Negambo road opposite Rukmani Devi's Memorial very soon. Set up like Navinna.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

'prvnrox',

Kleenpark do use the heat gun heat and paste tint. AS moderator said your head light will not give enough light with a tint on the head lamps.

You may have to use extra two lamps on the buffer wihith HID kits for better lighting to get a good look on the road.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Edited by Watchman

Watchman,

Sylvi is not the only person to recommend Kleen park. And there has been discussions in the past where their work has been called into question and so I think both sides of the argument has been heard.

I only questioned soulija because of the way he worded his post. He has since clarified that he has no affiliation with the company and his post stands unedited.

I am sorry but it might be best for all concerned if you stop this vendetta against a single member. He has the same right of expression as you, and there is no reason to make the forum a battleground for what looks like a personal spat.

And for clarity I have no special regard for Sylvi and nor am I trying to defend his statements.

I kinda agree with Watchman.Soulja was just recommending a place and brand he knew.Even I do that from time to time.The Don should lighten up... and kindly stop editing my posts.As Peri's signature says "this ain't no barbies playhouse forum blah blah blah..."

I kinda agree with Watchman.Soulja was just recommending a place and brand he knew.Even I do that from time to time.The Don should lighten up... and kindly stop editing my posts.As Peri's signature says "this ain't no barbies playhouse forum blah blah blah..."

Even this non-playhouse forum does censor profanity :)

Thanks and respect to watchman and masterdon. Let's chill this matter out rather than stretching it to gaza ;)

The Don - come on bro let's drop this argument and chill. Peace!!!

Machan, I have no idea why people think I have a problem with what you said. I asked you a question (which I like anybody else is entitled to) and you responded. I accept you were simply using a place and product you had used. That was the end of the matter as far as I'm concerned :)