• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Undercoating

tombo

yep kleen park does that

not that difficult this to DIY...i did the undercoat on me fiat 500..the trick is to find the correct spray gun nozzle and teach yourself to spray so that the finish is somewhat rough...some people apply it with a paint brush but that is not good at all.

if you dont have neccessary hardware,a local painter along with a moderately powerful compressor should be able to handle this...should cost about 3000 for the guy cos it's a two/three hour job max...plus the compressor rent and material....so about 5/6k

yep kleen park does that

not that difficult this to DIY...i did the undercoat on me fiat 500..the trick is to find the correct spray gun nozzle and teach yourself to spray so that the finish is somewhat rough...some people apply it with a paint brush but that is not good at all.

if you dont have neccessary hardware,a local painter along with a moderately powerful compressor should be able to handle this...should cost about 3000 for the guy cos it's a two/three hour job max...plus the compressor rent and material....so about 5/6k

don, what's the brand you used for this? I've done this using ordinary under coating but that doesn't gave a good finish. Heard about some stuff called coal tar. Haven't tried it yet.

Guys,

For undercoating, dont spend unncessary money.... Just go to Wurth Lanka - Nawala. or to nearest lube shop.. Wurth has good undercoating products and its from germany. I have used a product called "High Build under seal". its a aerosol spray can and costs less than 2000/-. You ca do it yourself. But the vehicles underbody should be cleaned and dry.

And they have a another product which needs some tools to oparate. Choice is yours.

Dont know whether i went too far to promote this product, but i guess its a good thing to promote good, cost efficient products.

I heard clean park's tuff-kote also good on this but expensive.

Guys,

For undercoating, dont spend unncessary money.... Just go to Wurth Lanka - Nawala. or to nearest lube shop.. Wurth has good undercoating products and its from germany. I have used a product called "High Build under seal". its a aerosol spray can and costs less than 2000/-. You ca do it yourself. But the vehicles underbody should be cleaned and dry.

And they have a another product which needs some tools to oparate. Choice is yours.

Dont know whether i went too far to promote this product, but i guess its a good thing to promote good, cost efficient products.

I heard clean park's tuff-kote also good on this but expensive.

This comes real handy for small scratches under wheel wells and undercarriage.

there were two products

Wurth High Build Underseal

Wirth Stone Gurad

don, what's the brand you used for this? I've done this using ordinary under coating but that doesn't gave a good finish. Heard about some stuff called coal tar. Haven't tried it yet.

machan it was a local one, nothing fancy,i'll try and find the empty can for you.

i think there are couple of pointers i can give you

*normal paint nozzles dont work,i borrowed a customized nozzle from a painter dude i know,he uses it specially for under coating.

*you need a bit powerful compressor,otherwise the finish aint good.

*mix it with the right amount if petrol,this is critical, 1:1 is the reccomended ratio as i remember.

*spray from top to down not side to side.

here are a couple of pictures of my undercarriage :D the optimum finish should be something like this,a grainy,sand like texture,spread out evenly and a little bit thin close to the bottom.

111i5xt.jpg

23kzxmq.jpg

Guys,

those are wax based undercoat...a cheap alternative...and cannot be compared to the normal when it comes to protection,and wear out quickly.

Edited by MasterDon

here are a couple of pictures of my undercarriage :D

the optimum finish should be something like this,a grainy,sand like texture,

spread out evenly

and a little bit thin

close to the bottom.

those are wax based undercoat...

a cheap alternative...and cannot be compared to the normal

when it comes to protection,and wear out quickly.

heh heh...kinky bugger you are :D:P

• 2 weeks later...
machan it was a local one, nothing fancy,i'll try and find the empty can for you.

i think there are couple of pointers i can give you

*normal paint nozzles dont work,i borrowed a customized nozzle from a painter dude i know,he uses it specially for under coating.

*you need a bit powerful compressor,otherwise the finish aint good.

*mix it with the right amount if petrol,this is critical, 1:1 is the reccomended ratio as i remember.

*spray from top to down not side to side.

here are a couple of pictures of my undercarriage :D the optimum finish should be something like this,a grainy,sand like texture,spread out evenly and a little bit thin close to the bottom.

111i5xt.jpg

23kzxmq.jpg

those are wax based undercoat...a cheap alternative...and cannot be compared to the normal when it comes to protection,and wear out quickly.

http://forum.autolanka.com/style_emoti...-smiley-013.gif

Hei MasterDon your picture is given exact what i expect how you do that and where the place

heh heh...forced myself not to comment on the latest situ :)

please master don...giveme the place where you DID IT!!!!!!!

oh no...wait a minute....lets do it in private...i will contact you...

:D :D :D

ps..dont get pissed off folks... just pulling ya legs!

Now THAT is kinky !! Next thing we know instead of undercoating they'll be spraying on black latex :lol:

Edited by Kavvz

http://forum.autolanka.com/style_emoti...-smiley-013.gif

Hei MasterDon your picture is given exact what i expect how you do that and where the place

hey machan sorry for the late reply

i did the undercoating myself man..because auto painting is kind of a hobby of mine...if you want pro job using good meterial kleenpark is the best otherwise most local painters should do an adequate job imo...best of luck!

aney...i had no idea how you were longing to undercoat my undercarriage ripper... :P ...okay...but you have to promise to be extra careful with my pushrod and balljont area coz it's really tender down there :action-smiley-081: :

Just thought of sharing a DO IT YOURSELF job that I did recently with a friend of mine.

1.) Sand paper off the rust spot (can use hand or the machine)

2.) Fill the spot with Cataloy (is that how you spell it?)

3.) Let it settle for couple of days and sand off the excess.

4.) Apply Primer (could be known as undercoating too)

5.) Use a spray can or a gun and do two coats. We used a spray can.

civic1k.th.jpg

civic12.th.jpg