• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Cpc Trade Unions On Indefinite Strike From Today

VVTi

[Ceylon Petroleum Corporation (CPC) Trade Unions are on an indefinite strike from today in protest of an incident that took place yesterday. According to the CPC, a large group of people had stormed the Kolonnawa oil refinery and threatened its workers yesterday. Secretary of the Jathika Sevaka Sangamaya Petroleum Branch, Ananda Palitha told Daily Mirror Online that workers at the CPC were about to resume normal shifts after the work to rule campaign ended on Friday.

However, following a meeting held today at 12noon, the CPC has decided to take strike action in protest of yesterday’s incident.

Secretary Palitha stated that the CPC will not resume work until they receive arrears that date back to January 2009, the agreed pay hike of 22%, which he added was not enough, and a formal apology by the relevant authorities. No one was injured in the incident.]

DAMN THIS BUGGERS!!!! :angry-smiley-048: :angry-smiley-048: :angry-smiley-048:

Edited by VVTi

haha... saw it on DM half an hour ago, got in to my car in my bed shorts and rushed to the closest shed (sennanayake junction, borella) and pumped full tank. That would keep me on the road for about a month.

Stations are not full yet, so better get ur fuel in fast before they start rationalizing and eventually stop issuance.

Just a point to note.. take cash, as cards are not accepted at this time due to shed offices being closed

haha... saw it on DM half an hour ago, got in to my car in my bed shorts and rushed to the closest shed (sennanayake junction, borella) and pumped full tank. That would keep me on the road for about a month.

Stations are not full yet, so better get ur fuel in fast before they start rationalizing and eventually stop issuance.

Just a point to note.. take cash, as cards are not accepted at this time due to shed offices being closed

It was a breaking news on DM when I posted it here. But too late now. Luckily we managed to fill up the Ford to the brim from the Battaramulla station. No petrol there through.

Whats the source, VVTi? My dad had got news saying that DutuGamunu of Kelaniya was behind the, ahem, storming. Unconfirmed, of course.

Daily mirror mate. And that bugger.... ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh...... cant even imagine how much I hate that human!

Daily mirror mate. And that bugger.... ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh...... cant even imagine how much I hate that human!

whoah there mate, you're kinda insulting humanity right there... I'd have gone with "Ape" but that would be insulting our primate bretheren too... Lets settle for "short, dark, loud and unpleasant object"

Whats the source, VVTi? My dad had got news saying that DutuGamunu of Kelaniya was behind the, ahem, storming. Unconfirmed, of course.

I think you are refering to Dhusta Gamini near Colombo. DutuGamunu was a great king who respected his rival Elara too.

"Water, power, ports, petrol gazetted essential services"

Good move..I hope this will work :unsure: these Morons who strike should learn a lesson..We as people who work in privet sectors go thorugh a loot of trouble to satisfy our customers where thease fat cats strike even for the smallest thing..we have never got a 22% pay hike in our life.. and do not get half of the things these fat cats get..

Thease bunch of people are the most unproductive humans on the face of the earth

Whatever their levels of productivity are- that gives no one the right to harm them through tuggery and violence- Simpathy is a good thing to consider- they are people as well, less fortunate as well. IMO that last sentence is unjustifiable

"Water, power, ports, petrol gazetted essential services"

Good move..I hope this will work :unsure: these Morons who strike should learn a lesson..We as people who work in privet sectors go thorugh a loot of trouble to satisfy our customers where thease fat cats strike even for the smallest thing..we have never got a 22% pay hike in our life.. and do not get half of the things these fat cats get..

Thease bunch of people are the most unproductive humans on the face of the earth

Whatever their levels of productivity are- that gives no one the right to harm them through tuggery and violence- Simpathy is a good thing to consider- they are people as well, less fortunate as well. IMO that last sentence is unjustifiable

+1

In Genaral most of Gov.Servants are lazy and unproductive - agreed

There is a political agenda behind the strike - agreed

Gov is unproductive - agreed

Dr.Mara Silva is a thug and Lokka doesn't do any thing about it - agreed

Mr.Opposition is useless - agreed

But I have long distance travel this week. I need Petrol :wild: