• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Most Powerful Japanese Car Under 1600cc

Bugatti

Guys,

I'm curious to know, what the most powerful under 1600cc (NA) front engine car is, of the following makes.

- Honda

- Toyota

- Nissan

- Mitsubishi

- Mazda

Here is what I think..

Nissan = Could be the Pulsar VZR with NEO VVL engine 1569cc producing in the range of 165 - 190 bhp..? :unsure:

Mazda = Is the Familia with VVti engine 1490cc producing 130 bhp.. (according to on-line specs)

Toyota = ??

Mitsubishi = ??

Honda = ??

Edited by Bugatti

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nissan = Pulsar/Sunny VZR (Engine SR16VE)

Mazda = Familia RS (Engine ??)

Toyota = Carina GT (4AGE)

Mitsubishi = Lancer/Mirage Mivec (Engine ??)

Honda = Civic SiR (B16)

Apart from the Mazda all cars have have around 160-170 BHP. You can see 3 out of the 5 here...

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=6352...mp;id=788313144

Edited by madmax

Well the first car that came to my mind is the Mazda RX8 with 1,300 CC (roatary) engine and 200+ Bhp. Its a front mid engined car

Technically yes, but it is not a standard piston engine.. so can't have it in this comparison. Can we have figures (bhp) to go along with the list of cars...?

B6T turbocharged,and intercooled 16V used in WRC 1985 323s were the most powerful Mazda 1600 with 150Bhp i think.Found on Production/works 323 GT-X/GTs and Ford Laser TX3 turbos.

Cant forget the 1.6 L B6ZE(RS) 125 bhp powered Mazda 89-93 Miata.

MINIACE

i also think the Ek9 type R is the fastest , but Japanese have compared the N1 version of SR16( what Peri have ) with the Type R and their conclusion is a bit different

found these two video's in youtube , (real king of 1.6L)

at the same time found the following which says " civic type R smokin a Pulsar Vzr "

Edited by MRM

Nissan = Could be the Pulsar VZR with NEO VVL engine 1569cc producing in the range of 165 - 190 bhp..? :unsure:

Nissan SR16VE N1 = 197hp on the Serie II 199hp on the Serie II VZRs, if I remember right. Brand new and on 100 RON juice, just in case someone feels like asking me what 200hp feels like. I don't have a human dyno.

Nissan SR16VE N1 = 197hp on the Serie II 199hp on the Serie II VZRs, if I remember right. Brand new and on 100 RON juice, just in case someone feels like asking me what 200hp feels like. I don't have a human dyno.

Hmmm... I might drop in to Malabe this week.. how bout a burn?

Ok, so phase_1 is almost complete.. we have identified the fastest cars from each make...

Honda - Civic SiR

Mitsubishi - ?

Mazda - Familia BG5/RS

Nissan - Pulsar VZ-R

Toyota - ?

Need some help on Mitsubishi and Toyota...

Edited by Bugatti

Ok, so phase_1 is almost complete.. we have identified the fastest cars from each make...

Thought you were looking at power output, not speed. A is not necessarily equal to B. Even then, you'd have to look at acceleration, not flat out top speed. I'm sure all those cars can hit the 180kmph limiter quite easily.

Think you need to amend the list:

Honda should be with Civic Type R not SiR using to B16B motor

Toyota should be with the 4AGE20- black top motor found in the Carina GT & Levins

Nissan should be the Pulsar VzR-N1 (SR16VE N1) not the normal one

Mitsu- 4g92 Mivec motor equipped Mirage hatch- there is also a lower powered 4g92 without mivec

Honda - Civic SiR

Mitsubishi - ?

Mazda - Familia BG5/RS

Nissan - Pulsar VZ-R

Toyota - ?

Need some help on Mitsubishi and Toyota...

Edited by Elvis_Pil

Thought you were looking at power output, not speed. A is not necessarily equal to B. Even then, you'd have to look at acceleration, not flat out top speed. I'm sure all those cars can hit the 180kmph limiter quite easily.

Yup, got your point.

What I'm curious to know is, acceleration... (i'm coming to that) not top end speed.

Think you need to amend the list:

Honda should be with Civic Type R not SiR using to B16B motor

Toyota should be with the 4AGE20- black top motor found in the Carina GT & Levins

Nissan should be the Pulsar VzR-N1 (SR16VE N1) not the normal one

Mitsu- 4g92 Mivec motor equipped Mirage hatch- there is also a lower powered 4g92 without mivec

Nice...

Now for phase_2, can we locate these car (owners) on AL..??? :unsure:

Honda - Racers Edge ?

Toyota - ?

Nissan - MRM/Pericles

Mitsu -

Mazda - GuruG

Since we are looking at all brands- cant forget the Suzuki Cultus Suzuka edition- running the damn R13B motor spitting out 185 odd hp with VVT :) - off the Hayabusa :P More details from KLM perhaps

Now that's impressive engineering!

I know there's a couple of GTis here, any running this engine?? :blink: