• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Customized Number Plates

mistaken_ID

Question

Im using a 301-xxxx car and thought of changing the oridinary rear number plate. since my car is white i thought of changing my rear plate with black letters in white background with a different font... will i be copped for this?? :violent-smiley-099: ive seen cars with these type of number plates......

anyone knows a good place around dehiwala where i can get these done.... tanx

• Confused 1

This is illegal.Take a chance and run.No spot fine for this now.Its a court case.A sweet talk or few bucks will help cops change their mind.Remember one of the main tasks of parked Police patrol cars are checking rear plates, back of vehicles.Good Luck!

MINIACE

This is illegal.Take a chance and run.No spot fine for this now.Its a court case.A sweet talk or few bucks will help cops change their mind.Remember one of the main tasks of parked Police patrol cars are checking rear plates, back of vehicles.Good Luck!

MINIACE

This changed my mind.... better to ride with the yellow black plate.... :mellow:

Thanks miniace

Im using a 301-xxxx car and thought of changing the oridinary rear number plate. since my car is white i thought of changing my rear plate with black letters in white background with a different font... will i be copped for this?? :violent-smiley-099: ive seen cars with these type of number plates......

anyone knows a good place around dehiwala where i can get these done.... tanx

Les risk for the old numeric plates. I have fitted customized plates for my ride, both front and rear... JG-9xxx

I usually don't get pulled over in city limits, but in the Nugegoda area, it happens quite often. You need to talk your way out of it. So far I managed to get-away cos I carry the original plates in the boot, to show them if necessary.

Les risk for the old numeric plates. I have fitted customized plates for my ride, both front and rear... JG-9xxx

I usually don't get pulled over in city limits, but in the Nugegoda area, it happens quite often. You need to talk your way out of it. So far I managed to get-away cos I carry the original plates in the boot, to show them if necessary.

i also have customized plates but no issues with the cops, anyway it is illegal to carry a spare number place in the car,

within the conformity of the colors i think u can do something.. for the back plates its black letters yellow background.. u can do some fancy font if u want to.. but make sure to keeo in the original colors.. i got one made with mazdaspeed on it thorugh sumith. so far no issues since i have used the yellow and black rule..

i also have customized plates but no issues with the cops, anyway it is illegal to carry a spare number place in the car,

Gihan, each time I get copped, the only reason they let me go is cos I show them the original plates I keep in the boot. But I guess, each cops reacts in his own way.. (personalized laws) :angry-smiley-048:

Gihan, each time I get copped, the only reason they let me go is cos I show them the original plates I keep in the boot. But I guess, each cops reacts in his own way.. (personalized laws) :angry-smiley-048:

Just curious, what were your excuses to the cops for not having the original plate? :D

Just curious, what were your excuses to the cops for not having the original plate? :D

When pulled over, play dumb and ask whats wrong... once the charge is read, wear a very sweet smile and tell him that your car was repaired after a collision and that you got the new plates a few days back. (my plates are brand new, and never fitted on the car)

Cop will surely ask to see the plates... let him have a look.

You'd get a warning... "Fix them immediately...! we can't see them from a distance...!!" Like hell, if we were to have plates that can be seen from 100 meters away, they'd have to be 4 feet long.. the size of my front bumper... :lol:

Since the topic is related to number plates - What's the latest number issued now in 'K' series? I thought its KL until I saw a KZ plate last week.

And the vehicle - a three wheeled car!! (an indian make I guess) so I don'e think its owned by a person who could pay for a special number???

Can sum1 shed any light??

Edited by ae100

on my way back from katu, i got nabbed at panadura in the march for running a set of virginia plates.

he asked me where my plate was, showed him that it was in the car. when he asked why i was not using them, told him that If i put the real plates on, i will never be able to sell the car since it has been raced.

he started to argue saying I can't do that.. the oic guy just gave him a nod and he asked me to go.

Since the topic is related to number plates - What's the latest number issued now in 'K' series? I thought its KL until I saw a KZ plate last week.

And the vehicle - a three wheeled car!! (an indian make I guess) so I don'e think its owned by a person who could pay for a special number???

Can sum1 shed any light??

Wow. I thought u could only get a number three letters (last letter) in advance. I was also warned that most advance registrations were done in the KC series. One of the car sales i visited warned me to be careful of KC registered cars as they r mostly advance registrations. Well the sticker on the windscreen obviously gives the year of registration, so i dnt think that would be a prob

on my way back from katu, i got nabbed at panadura in the march for running a set of virginia plates.

he asked me where my plate was, showed him that it was in the car. when he asked why i was not using them, told him that If i put the real plates on, i will never be able to sell the car since it has been raced.

he started to argue saying I can't do that.. the oic guy just gave him a nod and he asked me to go.

You ran on Virginia Plates in Sri-Lanka? State of Virginia plates? If your a racer is it not possible to get a set of garage number plates?

And does anybody know the cost to get a Custom number plate? For an example WPKD-8888

Heard that plan was scrapped due lack of database,staff and complications involved.

MINIACE

Hope they do implement the english numberplates.

It will be nice to have all the cars in one format of identification.

I guess its the same thing with the seat belt law as well not sure if that law will be put to use as well.

When pulled over, play dumb and ask whats wrong... once the charge is read, wear a very sweet smile and tell him that your car was repaired after a collision and that you got the new plates a few days back. (my plates are brand new, and never fitted on the car)

Cop will surely ask to see the plates... let him have a look.

You'd get a warning... "Fix them immediately...! we can't see them from a distance...!!" Like hell, if we were to have plates that can be seen from 100 meters away, they'd have to be 4 feet long.. the size of my front bumper... :lol:

Since some cops visit this forum, u'll not be able to say it again. :angry-smiley-048:

BTW - rear yellow colour and front white colour backgrounds are standards. And even they should have this reflective paint not the normal paints. I remember our vanette 51-XXXX had these plates some years ago, and also 18- corolla also have the this rear reflective paint. These plates done almost 15 years ago. it's less reflective now.

Don't know if the law changed now.

You ran on Virginia Plates in Sri-Lanka? State of Virginia plates? If your a racer is it not possible to get a set of garage number plates?

And does anybody know the cost to get a Custom number plate? For an example WPKD-8888

likely a coincidence, but isn't that very same number on a white facelifted E46 with oversized rims? :huh: