• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Opinion On Mazda Tribute/pajero Io/honda Crv

sonick

hi,

i am having a budget of around 2.2 million...

was wondering whether a mazda tribute or

a pajero io(pajero junior) or

honda crv would be best?

are there any known issues with any of the models?

please enlighten me.. becoz im totally in the dark about whatever the problems they may have..

how about the fuel consumption and all?

thanks in advance..

hi,

i am having a budget of around 2.2 million...

was wondering whether a mazda tribute or

a pajero io(pajero junior) or

honda crv would be best?

are there any known issues with any of the models?

please enlighten me.. becoz im totally in the dark about whatever the problems they may have..

how about the fuel consumption and all?

thanks in advance..

I used the Mazda Tribute as a daily driver for a while and its excellent as family car. Lots of room, very smooth to drive and no real mantainence issues to complain about. Overall it proved to be a nice solid car to own.

1. Fuel economy: I don't remember exactly as this was almost a two years ago, but my weekly fuel bill is about the same, which evens out to around 12-13 liters per 100km

2. Reliability: I bought the car (a 2003 Tribune) second hand and I had zero issues with it, but then again I did only use it for about a year.

Edited by Kavvz

I've heard that the GDI versions of the IOs have serious issues, maybe someone who has owned one can verify. The CRV is pretty solid, though a bit over-priced IMO. Don't know much about the Mazda but it seems (from the response above) to be a good bet as well.

I've heard that the GDI versions of the IOs have serious issues, maybe someone who has owned one can verify. The CRV is pretty solid, though a bit over-priced IMO. Don't know much about the Mazda but it seems (from the response above) to be a good bet as well.

you're right lazy boy,according to my knowledge GDI versions have got some fuel pump issues. these engines need 98 octane. but here in Sri Lanka we have only upto 95 octane. so it doesn't perform well.

Try to hold up with a brand new IO which is called as MONTERO IO. brand new ones doesnt have GDI engines.

Edited by JAFF

• 2 months later...

by the way im still looking..

anybody knows about any issues with spares of the mazda tribute?

and how is its market?wud i b having to hold onto it for an eternity without being able to sell?hehe

how about the fue economy?

any known issues of the vehicle? say, of a 2001 model vehicle?

thanks guys...

any more ideas on the tribute pls?

any guys who owned it previously? about the issues mentiones in my above post pls?

Internationally the Mazda Tribute got some very good reviews for Comfort, practicality and also on road performance.

Sri lanka ......hmmmm another matter entirely.

From what I hear its a good vehicle, spares are available and reliable. Fuel consumption I am not sure but should do 7 at least.

Your need for a SUV needs to be clarified as none of your choices are 4x4 capable.......

Hope this helps

thanks a lot..

i have heard that tribute hasnt got much spare parts.so thats why it is hard to sell..is it so?

im not looking for a suv with 4 wheel drive..im mostly going on colombo and suburbs and may be occasional journeys to places like upcountry and down south.

the CRV is too much for me in the sense that it wont fit my budget..

are there any specific issues with tribute..? i mean some car models of some brands are known to have certain probelms.. like that, is the tribute also ,associated with something similar?

i really like mazda cars..have used em thruout..i cannot afforst the mazda 3 yet..so thats why i want to settle fr the tribute SUV..plus it looks ok..(cant say looks good tho)

but lots of ppl have been discouraging me..they suggest stuff like suzuki escudo even..im wondering why..

but lots of ppl have been discouraging me..they suggest stuff like suzuki escudo even..im wondering why..

Coz they don't know about the vehicle. But that is why its difficult to sell, every Tom, Dick and Harry has an opinion without knowing about it.

Disclaimer : I dunno about the vehicle either, and I'm not saying buy it or don't buy it. Just commenting on ppl who advice ppl on car buying. Personally, I dunno anyone who has owned one, but I do like the look. Actually tried to convince dad to buy one some years ago when he was in the market, but said Toms, Dicks and Harrys told him not to. :angry-smiley-024:

Other than the fuel consumption there is no any weak points in that. Our company had one which has got 6 cylinders 2000 cc automatic and did only 5-6 km in colombo and hardly did 7 km out station,

Very comfort ride and very good in handling. It was sold recently due to fuel problem and spent very little for maintenence for 3 years.

Hi a friedn bought a tribute and couldn't sell it for months. Not sure whether it was sold I could check.

The CRV is the best bet IMO.

The above friend said the following

- Veeeeery comfortable (its a her and she literally purred!)

- Had issues with parts as the agent usually said they dont have it in stock. They had to get it down from Singa

- She couldn't sell it for months finall sold it for 2.3mn whereas bought it for about 2.8 I think.