• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Subaru Ipreza Conversion To Sti

nihal199

I am hoping to buy a Subaru Impreza GC3 or Impreza GD2 & convert it to a STi version, So what i need to know are,

1) How much it will going to cost me roughly

2) What are the thing I should change

3) Are there any professionals to do it

4) Is it ok to convert

5) Will it give out the same specs as an original Sti does

I am hoping to buy a Subaru Impreza GC3 or Impreza GD2 & convert it to a STi version, So what i need to know are,

4) Is it ok to convert

Firstly, is it that difficult to post a topic in the CORRECT section?? Honestly, the Subaru section is just under this and yet you've put it in the Honda section! :rolleyes: Sheesh!.. anyway

1. It'll cost you a fair packet cause your gonna have to do up the engine,change pumps, add an intercooler and turbo then the suspension, brakes etc etc. So I'm guessing about 2 million or more.

2. I've mentioned most of it above.

3. I think so, this was discussed earlier, try searching for it (though most people convert the WRX to the STi and not the Impreza :unsure:

4. Well it's your choice but I think it's a pretty silly thing to do when you can buy a WRX and convert it.

5. If you do it up almost perfectly it should. But then again since your gonna be using aftermarket parts, it'll most likely be either a better performing vehicle or less performing vehicle to a standard STi.

4) Is it ok to convert

1. the STI conversion should cost u somewhere around 450,000...... finding a GC is upto u......

2. it comes with everything u need

3. yes there are professionals in the business

4. why not. if u have the money to do it

5. yes & might be quicker as the impreza chasis is lighter

Firstly, is it that difficult to post a topic in the CORRECT section?? Honestly, the Subaru section is just under this and yet you've put it in the Honda section! :rolleyes: Sheesh!.. anyway

1. It'll cost you a fair packet cause your gonna have to do up the engine,change pumps, add an intercooler and turbo then the suspension, brakes etc etc. So I'm guessing about 2 million or more.

2. I've mentioned most of it above.

3. I think so, this was discussed earlier, try searching for it (though most people convert the WRX to the STi and not the Impreza :unsure:

4. Well it's your choice but I think it's a pretty silly thing to do when you can buy a WRX and convert it.

5. If you do it up almost perfectly it should. But then again since your gonna be using aftermarket parts, it'll most likely be either a better performing vehicle or less performing vehicle to a standard STi.

i dont agree with your 3rd & 4th points

will add my 2 cents here... by no means an expert here but some stuff i learned while doing a conversion

a wrx 3-4 conversion will run you around 450k. not sure if you can find an STI at this price. maybe but look around and make sure you take someone who can tell the difference between a wrx and sti conversion

there are stuff that does /may not come in a conversion such as rear windscreen with wiper (comes only in wrx/sti and not impreza) seats, alloys etc

these will cost you extra so depending on how perfect you want the car and picky you are, it will cost you.

a decent estimate with full paint will probably be around 650k. if you are going down this road, make sure you know what your budget is and work it out properly.

you can also speak to manish on 777668424. he has done quite a few.

will add my 2 cents here... by no means an expert here but some stuff i learned while doing a conversion

a wrx 3-4 conversion will run you around 450k. not sure if you can find an STI at this price. maybe but look around and make sure you take someone who can tell the difference between a wrx and sti conversion

there are stuff that does /may not come in a conversion such as rear windscreen with wiper (comes only in wrx/sti and not impreza) seats, alloys etc

these will cost you extra so depending on how perfect you want the car and picky you are, it will cost you.

a decent estimate with full paint will probably be around 650k. if you are going down this road, make sure you know what your budget is and work it out properly.

you can also speak to manish on 777668424. he has done quite a few.

Thanks fuzzo...I just need a ride with massive torque like the '69 Charger I used to drive in i'm in Alabama....So i mostly interest in performance rather than the looks of the car....

Thanks fuzzo...I just need a ride with massive torque like the '69 Charger I used to drive in i'm in Alabama....So i mostly interest in performance rather than the looks of the car....

And you think a car with a 2.0l engine will give you that kinda torque? You be better off getting Dev's Z and playing with it, at least you'd be starting with a 3l V6

And you think a car with a 2.0l engine will give you that kinda torque? You be better off getting Dev's Z and playing with it, at least you'd be starting with a 3l V6

Based on some of the posts this chap has made upto now (Look in the Allion thread to se what I mean) I'm beginning to smell a Troll...

isn't this the same guy who put up a thread looking for mustangs and whatnot...as i remeber put up pictures and stuff of his muscle cars in the USA...

ofcourse google image search might have helped him a wee bit there :angry-smiley-048:

Adey its the same guy rite ?

Nihal199, why don't you clarify these to prove you're not a phoney...

1. You say you've got an Audi A6 , but you get 26km/l on your Allion

2. For a guy that used to live in the US , your english is crap.

3. All 'your' American muscle cars are your granddad's.

4. You say you lived in Alabama but 'your' Dodge has Florida Plates and your Plymouth has North (or South can't make it out) Carolina plates

Now lets hear it?????

Edited by madmax

Nihal199, why don't you clarify these to prove you're not a phoney...

1. You say you've got an Audi A6 , but you get 26km/l on your Allion

2. For a guy that used to live in the US , your english is crap.

3. All 'your' American muscle cars are your granddad's.

4. You say you lived in Alabama but 'your' Dodge has Florida Plates and your Plymouth has North (or South can't make it out) Carolina plates

Now lets hear it?????

Hey MadMax leaving this guy aside, looking at your pic I take it you own/owned a 325i. I myself has a 323i with the M52B25 motor in it, but found that I can swap the intake manifold to that of a M50 to by pass the restrictions. Currently its rated at 170BHP as per the sepcs, but with the M50 swap, 240bhp is not a problem.

What are your thoughts about that? Is it a straight forward swap or is it a complex job?

Its a 1996 E36.

I don't like the fairladyZ....no just relatively good torque according to SL....besides I think I can go back home even before the scheduled time....

Hey MadMax leaving this guy aside, looking at your pic I take it you own/owned a 325i. I myself has a 323i with the M52B25 motor in it, but found that I can swap the intake manifold to that of a M50 to by pass the restrictions. Currently its rated at 170BHP as per the sepcs, but with the M50 swap, 240bhp is not a problem.

What are your thoughts about that? Is it a straight forward swap or is it a complex job?

Its a 1996 E36.

I owned the e46 325xi (x- AWD) only for a couple of months, never looked into doing any mods, so I have no clue. I'm not very familiar with the E36 either, all the beemers I've had are e46s, and hopefully the next is going to be an e46 too.