• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Traffic Cops Ripoff At Wella Color Loghts

oshad

Question

Hey guys just got copped today at the IFS color lights for so called "Running red" I was so focused on the color light i crossed at the last 2 seconds count down of the green and this copper jumps over and pulls me over.. I argued my point since i was damn sure abt it and told to put a court case since im not going to pay a fine since I have not jumped da red.. Kept on insisting its possible to pay a fine within next 14 days but Im hell bent on talking this to court?

Any suggestions guys, since this rip off gotta stop somewhere ....

7 answers to this question

Hey guys just got copped today at the IFS color lights for so called "Running red" I was so focused on the color light i crossed at the last 2 seconds count down of the green and this copper jumps over and pulls me over.. I argued my point since i was damn sure abt it and told to put a court case since im not going to pay a fine since I have not jumped da red.. Kept on insisting its possible to pay a fine within next 14 days but Im hell bent on talking this to court?

Any suggestions guys, since this rip off gotta stop somewhere ....

I think the last few seconds of the green turns into orange and jumping orange in SL is an offense but not in some other countries. But most certainly if you feel like it was green by the time you crossed it you can take your argument to courts. But don't forget you will have to take some beating to go through the whole procedure of judiciary in SL.

I think the last few seconds of the green turns into orange and jumping orange in SL is an offense but not in some other countries. But most certainly if you feel like it was green by the time you crossed it you can take your argument to courts. But don't forget you will have to take some beating to go through the whole procedure of judiciary in SL.

I hate to say this but based on personal experience: The courts give the policeman the benefit of the doubt. If you can not conclusively prove that the policeman's testimony is inaccurate then the courts will pass judgment against you.

And in your situation I feel its going to be tough disputing the policeman's testimony. Sorry man, but that's how the cookie crumbles.

Hi Oshad

you might be sure that you had the green light, but how are you going to prove it to the courts ,if you don't have

any prove don't go to the courts, they will always be the Cops side ,they are not going to take your side unless you have

visual provenance, then you are going to be in trouble, i think you better

pay the fine that will be 500 bugs + 50(postal)

Thanks

regards

sumith

well my 2 cents is....how can he exactly know that u jumped the color lights because he is on the other side of the light & how can he exactly say that it was red. there could be something wrong with the color light for all he knows. so i think your correct. bring his ass down man

well my 2 cents is....how can he exactly know that u jumped the color lights because he is on the other side of the light & how can he exactly say that it was red. there could be something wrong with the color light for all he knows. so i think your correct. bring his ass down man

There is a point here. If cop don't see the light from where is stand, how can he prove you crossed the red light

There is a point here. If cop don't see the light from where is stand, how can he prove you crossed the red light

He'll probably say that the guy crossed the line when the opposite light (facing the cop) had turned green or some BS like that. If there was one.

It's the same thing with the lights that don't have the countdown and rely on the yellow light instead. The purpose of the yellow light seems to have been lost on our traffic design idiots. In other countries, the yellow light hangs on for around 5 seconds or so, giving plenty of time for people who don't have enough time to clear the intersection. Our idiotic yellow light flashes for about a split second before it turns red in most traffic lights, so you go from green to red. Please bring this also up if you go to court. Cos plenty of people get stopped for running a red light when actually what they had run was yellow, because there would have been no way for them to stop in time without being rammed by the car behind. Kinda defeats the purpose of the traffic light doesn't it.

Edited by SeanD

He'll probably say that the guy crossed the line when the opposite light (facing the cop) had turned green or some BS like that. If there was one.

It's the same thing with the lights that don't have the countdown and rely on the yellow light instead. The purpose of the yellow light seems to have been lost on our traffic design idiots. In other countries, the yellow light hangs on for around 5 seconds or so, giving plenty of time for people who don't have enough time to clear the intersection. Our idiotic yellow light flashes for about a split second before it turns red in most traffic lights, so you go from green to red. Please bring this also up if you go to court. Cos plenty of people get stopped for running a red light when actually what they had run was yellow, because there would have been no way for them to stop in time without being rammed by the car behind. Kinda defeats the purpose of the traffic light doesn't it.

i totally agree with u on that