• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Mazda Astina

kalana

hi guys...

i want to buy a mazda astina. can anyone tell me what are the good things and bad things in astina ?

when checking a astina to buy,what should i check specially?

and please let me know everything i should know before buying that car....

thank you

hi guys...

i want to buy a mazda astina. can anyone tell me what are the good things and bad things in astina ?

when checking a astina to buy,what should i check specially?

and please let me know everything i should know before buying that car....

thank you

Gud thing is that It has a Sporty look(Fastback design),Popup lights

It was available with 1.5 DOHC and 1.6 DOHC engines.1.5 had 110Bhp,1.6 had 130Bhp.These engines were quite powerful.

I hope that Mazda club members will shed some light on this topic.

Yup that’s a fine car she is – the pop up lights are still cool IMHO.

Since it’s an older model finding parts is a tad hard – specially the pop up lights thus parts can be expensive . It’s got the interplay engine so that’s not a problem

Even more harder is getting hands on a good condition car – there for do a complete check be fore buying

thanks guys... anyone know what is the normal price of a 1989 astina ?

and someone told me that its hard to find those headlights.is it true ?

and what abt the fuel efficiency ? city and urban ?

Its parts are scarce bro

I think it would cost between 5.5 lkz-6lkz

it does about 9-11kmpl in Colombo

guys!! please help with this...

if i cant find parts for astina... there is no way i could buy a one.. :(

Not so hard mate

Our Mazda Club Astina owner is on his honeymoon .

He is the best guy to help you, but parts are not hard - the mechanical stuff.

The only thing we need to be careful is the body parts...but hey this is Sl na ?

We can do eet :)

thanks mate.. i was upset

i hope i will have more comments with the time..

i found a 1989 astina and price is 5.75.. (maybe less)

what do u think guys ?

:)

Yeah bro MAZDA club members will surely Help u.

whts On clock and hows its condition,if its in good condition i thing 5.50 would be worth

I forgot to tell you check for rust and corrosion

Yeah bro MAZDA club members will surely Help u.

whts On clock and hows its condition,if its in good condition i thing 5.50 would be worth

I forgot to tell you check for rust and corrosion

what the hell are you on man? even 575k is wayy too low for an astina, well for one that is in decent enough condition anyway.

@ royalkalana Based on price trends of the recent past a nice car will set you back somewhere between 700-775k An absolute minter that has been properly cared for will be nearer to 850k. Mind you those are asking prices. In todays car market there is definitely room for adjustment of course.

575k is a bit too low dude, even if the seller is in a major hurry, the car is likely to have several issues that need sorting out, so my advice is to tread very carefully with it. If you've got your heart set on buying it, make sure you inspect it from top to bottom, and show it to a good mechanic as well.

what the hell are you on man? even 575k is wayy too low for an astina, well for one that is in decent enough condition anyway.

@ royalkalana Based on price trends of the recent past a nice car will set you back somewhere between 700-775k An absolute minter that has been properly cared for will be nearer to 850k. Mind you those are asking prices. In todays car market there is definitely room for adjustment of course.

575k is a bit too low dude, even if the seller is in a major hurry, the car is likely to have several issues that need sorting out, so my advice is to tread very carefully with it. If you've got your heart set on buying it, make sure you inspect it from top to bottom, and show it to a good mechanic as well.

dude da Prices were down nah

there was a 91 model 1 for 625 k sm tym bck (Not on AL)

oooh.. thank u guys..

do u know where can i find another astina ? if u know a one for sale..let me know..

that would be really great :)

@supra_natural i think the car i mentioned is previously owned by "sparky" in AL.

he had some issues with the car and AL had discussions abt it... not sure though...\

yeah..astina was bit pricy sometimes ago..

i think prices r down now....

still researching abt this. i am not very familiar with mazda.so i could any help abt anything about astina.. :)

575 is cheap for an Astina.

We (The MazdaFord club) are there for you mate, if you want to check it out.

DO NOT RUSH.

Let us go with you and see the car and decide.

Who knows - it might be a good buy, and then you can "soup" it up with all the extra cash you will have :rolleyes:

575 is cheap for an Astina.

We (The MazdaFord club) are there for you mate, if you want to check it out.

DO NOT RUSH.

Let us go with you and see the car and decide.

Who knows - it might be a good buy, and then you can "soup" it up with all the extra cash you will have :rolleyes:

thanks pradfred...

anyways.. sparky's car is sold.. i got a news just now that he came to car sale and took his car to sell to a friend.. :(

so.. no rush now ..lolz.. coz i dont have any other astina to buy..if u guys knowa one for sale.. pls let me know...

:)

guys..

thank you all for replying.. i couldnt find a good atina :(

but mu parents agreed to increase my budget to 9 lakhs.

so i am thinking abt a EG8 now..

i posted a thread under honda for it.. If anyone have ideas abt it,pls post it there.

again... thank u all for ur advises and help...

specially charitha19 :) thanks alot bro...

Cheers!! :)

guys..

thank you all for replying.. i couldnt find a good atina :(

but mu parents agreed to increase my budget to 9 lakhs.

so i am thinking abt a EG8 now..

Shock. Horror. :box2::o

you mean that the same type a guy buys an EG8 after considering a Mazda.......Holy hell Lol. :D

chill dudes, just playin thats all

Welcome to the car owners club and all the best with the seach for a ...I cant say it...sorry

Chritha19 .....mate does this mean ....you actually dig those cars secretly ha ha ha ?

you mean that the same type a guy buys an EG8 after considering a Mazda.......Holy hell Lol. :D

Welcome to the car owners club and all the best with the seach for a ...I cant say it...sorry

Chritha19 .....mate does this mean ....you actually dig those cars secretly ha ha ha ?

lol... nope.. u all helped me.. and i asked abt astina from charitha(on phone) and he told me soo much.. i still like the astina.. but since parents give me more and they want something more common car than astina,i am going for a eg8.anyways... eg8 is one of my fav :D

• 2 weeks later...

for ur information.. he called me.. and i explained about the astina.. he never said anything to me about buying a honda.....

lol... nope.. u all helped me.. and i asked abt astina from charitha(on phone) and he told me soo much.. i still like the astina.. but since parents give me more and they want something more common car than astina,i am going for a eg8.anyways... eg8 is one of my fav :D

what..... !!!! u want to go for a EG8 now.. u know what more u can do with the extra 2 laks or something u have to the astina.. man if i had that 2 laks...

because i know for a fact that the eg8 is gonna come close to 9 laks.. a good condition one.. where a decent astina u can bargain and get for a around 7.50 max 8.0

what..... !!!! u want to go for a EG8 now.. u know what more u can do with the extra 2 laks or something u have to the astina.. man if i had that 2 laks...

because i know for a fact that the eg8 is gonna come close to 9 laks.. a good condition one.. where a decent astina u can bargain and get for a around 7.50 max 8.0

its not that i likes eg8 more .. most of people i talked abt this subject suggested that eg8 is better than astina(finding parts and maintenance)

thats all... and when i talked to u,i didnt have a idea abt a eg8. if i had,i will tell u and ask ur advise....