• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

K & N Filters

overTuned

Called Motorcade... they only have the Cone filter... and they dont fit it either..... anyone know where i can get the full job done ?

usually its a DIY job. but for that u need to get the full kit. the full kit comes with instructions and the adaptor to fit you exsisting intake. u can go to the k&n offical site and check for ur model.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys... just got my K&N air filter from M@t@c@de.... got the box filter so it fitted into the stock filter housing... did notice a bit of power increase @ low RPM.... now have to monitor the fuel economy :-) .....

do i need to reset the ECU or any other specific task when this kinda mod is done ?

Hey guys... just got my K&N air filter from M@t@c@de.... got the box filter so it fitted into the stock filter housing... did notice a bit of power increase @ low RPM.... now have to monitor the fuel economy :-) .....

do i need to reset the ECU or any other specific task when this kinda mod is done ?

Nothing like that. Just let it idle for a few minutes after installation... oh... I see you have already noticed the power increase......

Did you get a cleaning kit as well?

saw one for sale on AL.

Nothing like that. Just let it idle for a few minutes after installation... oh... I see you have already noticed the power increase......

Did you get a cleaning kit as well?

saw one for sale on AL.

Thanks dude... didn't get the cleaning kit.. yeah i'll give that guy a call...

yup.. noticeable increase in power :-)

But actually i didn't let it idle... the guy @ Motocade asked if he should fix the air filter as well since i wanted the headlight bulbs also replaced... i said yeah.. and didn't let it idle ... would that have an affect ?

Thanks dude... didn't get the cleaning kit.. yeah i'll give that guy a call...

yup.. noticeable increase in power :-)

But actually i didn't let it idle... the guy @ Motocade asked if he should fix the air filter as well since i wanted the headlight bulbs also replaced... i said yeah.. and didn't let it idle ... would that have an affect ?

When I fitted mine I let it idle for 2-10 mins... my friend who got me the kits were very specific that i did that... this was a for a cone.

When I fitted mine I let it idle for 2-10 mins... my friend who got me the kits were very specific that i did that... this was a for a cone.

ok... mine is the stock filter replacement and idling is smooth..so im hoping everything's working ok..... :-) will need to see when i pump gas next time what kinda effect the filter has made :-)

but so far i'm happy with the results....