• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Fuel Saver

Sylvi

Question

All members of the list,

Re fuel savers I have used magnets saving was not that much I can say about 5%. I filled full tank of 90 Octane and drove town and out of Colombo on my 1300 CC Engine EFI I used to get 7 to 11 KM per Liter before magnets.

after magnets on fuel line closer to the EFI fuel bank I got 12 Km per Liter.

The magnets was the magnets bought from a hardware shop.Two door closers removed only magnets was taken for the experiment. Cost of two door closers were Rupees 100.00.

Two numbers Door closer 2 magnets fixed to fuel line with three cable ties.

I have used for 40 liters of 90 octane Gasoline 2 Ounces of Acetone got more acceleration fuel saving with magnets 10 to 15%.

I want to try a small Computer server fan used for cooling Computer sever it gives more blowing closer to throttle valve I was told this will work like tornado to intake air.

another method I want to try was to take out inlet air filter plastic box from the engine compartment ad fix same on a more cooler point so that intake Air instead of warm air will be more cooler air.

I want to try Japanese method of Capacitors to the Battery to lead the Voltage power lag Japanese have advertised this on the Web to fix on the Cigarette lighter.

Have any members fixed the Magnetic fuel saver advertised few Sundays back by a Dealer in Borella Ward place end which they marketed for over Rupees 10000.00 German product fixing and other tests. I was first to go there and had a discussion about their product few days later they rang me to find out I will like to fix their product. They were fully equipped with all other necessary testing instruments and trained staff that impressed me a Professional introduction of a product. Which is very necessary today in this country with new products.

Like to have comments of other members in the list about Fuel savers.

Wijesinghe.

I seriously doubt those magnets had anything to do with your increase in fuel efficiency. Since you say that you got a value ranging between 7-11 before the 'fuel-saver', and only 1kmpl more with magnets its probably just another slightly screwed statistic. I didnt quite understand what 'accelaration fuel saving' meant..

But frankly think of it Sylvi, if a Rs.100 magnet or even a Rs.10,000 device can help give more fuel efficiency, wouldn't auto manufacturers install them and boast their better fuel efficiency? It may all sound good in theory, but real life just isnt the same.. and fixing a PC cooling fan may sound like it'll help. but i dont think it would even move air at the speed air is pulled in naturally via the air cleaner. So ur just gonna create more resistance to airflow. And I'm sure people making cars thought of where they can place the air intake most efficiently. Not everything good on paper works as well in real life...

Well, all the best in your experimentation though.. Its not exactly 'bad' for the car, so if you're willing to put in the time and effort, no-one can stop you... after all; your-car-your-petrol

I seriously doubt those magnets had anything to do with your increase in fuel efficiency. Since you say that you got a value ranging between 7-11 before the 'fuel-saver', and only 1kmpl more with magnets its probably just another slightly screwed statistic. I didnt quite understand what 'accelaration fuel saving' meant..

But frankly think of it Sylvi, if a Rs.100 magnet or even a Rs.10,000 device can help give more fuel efficiency, wouldn't auto manufacturers install them and boast their better fuel efficiency? It may all sound good in theory, but real life just isnt the same.. and fixing a PC cooling fan may sound like it'll help. but i dont think it would even move air at the speed air is pulled in naturally via the air cleaner. So ur just gonna create more resistance to airflow. And I'm sure people making cars thought of where they can place the air intake most efficiently. Not everything good on paper works as well in real life...

Well, all the best in your experimentation though.. Its not exactly 'bad' for the car, so if you're willing to put in the time and effort, no-one can stop you... after all; your-car-your-petrol

To all members on the forum.

Re Fuel saver results,

I have done three modifications as under

I have two magnets on the fuel line and used Acetone 3 Ounces added to full 90 Octane fuel tank tank Fixed with (7500 uf Capacitor 50 Volts) for 12 Volts Dc battery and a small computer fan fixed to intake near throttle valve cutting the intake hose and fitted with a small modification to the Computer server fan after the Air filter did 62 Km today normal Colombo driving.

Not much of traffic in Colombo before returning home i filled the tank. According to my calculation today I have got 13 Km for 1 liter of 90 octane Gasoline with added acetone.

Members please note About Magnet fuel savers if interested there are plenty of Magnetic fuel savers on the WEB. If any member wants to know more on magnetic fuel savers you will find plenty of same on the Web.

Any member who is interested on Magnetic fuel savers please log into following web pages.

http://www.ecomagnets.com/motoflow.htm

http://www.nmrfuelsaver.com

Few years ago a unit was sold in the Srilanka market for Rupees 2500.00 I orded one unit this was home delivered. Gas saver for cookers this too had the same principle two magnets are inside pasted to a small brass tube and I had to cut the gas line (tube) close to the gas cooker fix the Gas saver unit with two hose clips. Only thing I noticed after fixing this unit the flame was blue without magnetic gas saver unit it was little more yellow. I never tested the saving.

Sill I have same on one of my gas cooker.

This is Capacitor type. Japanese Fuel saver. About Japanese technology what i noticed is some what like power factor correction in our AC power lines by fixing capacitors for AC Grid power to lead prover lag this helps mainly for AC power Consumers.

Advertisements on the web to fix a small unit to Cigarette lighter and that will save fuel. Please log into.

http://www.alibaba.com/product-free/104174..._Japan_Fuel.htm

I have contacted by Telephone and Email many Fuel saver manufacturers in India USA China Philippians. They all offer same system with various prices ranging 2.00 US$ to 120.00 US$ only thing they manufacture are plastic blocks magnets are molded to plastic block so that it will fix into the Fuel intake line Carburetor or EFI fuel bank then to tie with cable ties.

THERE IS A USA PATENT IN 1988 ON MAGNETIC FUEL SAVER BUT IT IS NOT AVAILABLE TO BUY ANY ONE WANTS TO TRY HAVE TO DO IT YOUR SELF ALL DETAILS ARE GIVEN ON THE WEB WITH DIAGRAMS.IT IS ELECTOR MAGNETIC TYPE WITH TWO DC COILS WOUND ON A BOBBIN WITH A IRON ROD AT THE CENTER AND IT IS FITTED TO FUEL LINE.

For last three months I was interested in fuel saving units and did all types of tests with several methods combination of all three above is the best so far I have had will do further tests and share them with others.

Added acetone will give increased octane number according to the web and I get little more acceleration power on all gears did not have time or a clear road to try maximum speed of the vehicle which I use I had traveled 100 Km speed on clear roads on the 5 gear before.

PLEASE BE CAREFUL ACETONE CAN PERISH SOME PLASTIC HOSES AND OTHER RUBBER ITEMS AS IT IS A SOLVENT USED FOR CLEANING PURPOSES TO TAKE OUT STAINS FROM CLOTH AND A PAINT MIXER IT IS HIGHLY COMBUSTIBLE LIKE GASOLINE.

ADDING ACETONE TO GASOLINE FULL TANK YOU CAN LOG INTO THE WEB PAGE OF THIS. To gather more information

http://www.wisebread.com/can-acetone-drama...#comment-434873

Comments of members who are interested in fuel saving are Welcome.

Regards,

Wijesinghe

To all members on the forum.

Re Fuel saver results,

I have done three modifications as under

I have two magnets on the fuel line and used Acetone 3 Ounces added to full 90 Octane fuel tank tank Fixed with (7500 uf Capacitor 50 Volts) for 12 Volts Dc battery and a small computer fan fixed to intake near throttle valve cutting the intake hose and fitted with a small modification to the Computer server fan after the Air filter did 62 Km today normal Colombo driving.

Not much of traffic in Colombo before returning home i filled the tank. According to my calculation today I have got 13 Km for 1 liter of 90 octane Gasoline with added acetone.

Members please note About Magnet fuel savers if interested there are plenty of Magnetic fuel savers on the WEB. If any member wants to know more on magnetic fuel savers you will find plenty of same on the Web.

Any member who is interested on Magnetic fuel savers please log into following web pages.

http://www.ecomagnets.com/motoflow.htm

http://www.nmrfuelsaver.com

Few years ago a unit was sold in the Srilanka market for Rupees 2500.00 I orded one unit this was home delivered. Gas saver for cookers this too had the same principle two magnets are inside pasted to a small brass tube and I had to cut the gas line (tube) close to the gas cooker fix the Gas saver unit with two hose clips. Only thing I noticed after fixing this unit the flame was blue without magnetic gas saver unit it was little more yellow. I never tested the saving.

Sill I have same on one of my gas cooker.

This is Capacitor type. Japanese Fuel saver. About Japanese technology what i noticed is some what like power factor correction in our AC power lines by fixing capacitors for AC Grid power to lead prover lag this helps mainly for AC power Consumers.

Advertisements on the web to fix a small unit to Cigarette lighter and that will save fuel. Please log into.

http://www.alibaba.com/product-free/104174..._Japan_Fuel.htm

I have contacted by Telephone and Email many Fuel saver manufacturers in India USA China Philippians. They all offer same system with various prices ranging 2.00 US$ to 120.00 US$ only thing they manufacture are plastic blocks magnets are molded to plastic block so that it will fix into the Fuel intake line Carburetor or EFI fuel bank then to tie with cable ties.

THERE IS A USA PATENT IN 1988 ON MAGNETIC FUEL SAVER BUT IT IS NOT AVAILABLE TO BUY ANY ONE WANTS TO TRY HAVE TO DO IT YOUR SELF ALL DETAILS ARE GIVEN ON THE WEB WITH DIAGRAMS.IT IS ELECTOR MAGNETIC TYPE WITH TWO DC COILS WOUND ON A BOBBIN WITH A IRON ROD AT THE CENTER AND IT IS FITTED TO FUEL LINE.

For last three months I was interested in fuel saving units and did all types of tests with several methods combination of all three above is the best so far I have had will do further tests and share them with others.

Added acetone will give increased octane number according to the web and I get little more acceleration power on all gears did not have time or a clear road to try maximum speed of the vehicle which I use I had traveled 100 Km speed on clear roads on the 5 gear before.

PLEASE BE CAREFUL ACETONE CAN PERISH SOME PLASTIC HOSES AND OTHER RUBBER ITEMS AS IT IS A SOLVENT USED FOR CLEANING PURPOSES TO TAKE OUT STAINS FROM CLOTH AND A PAINT MIXER IT IS HIGHLY COMBUSTIBLE LIKE GASOLINE.

ADDING ACETONE TO GASOLINE FULL TANK YOU CAN LOG INTO THE WEB PAGE OF THIS. To gather more information

http://www.wisebread.com/can-acetone-drama...#comment-434873

Comments of members who are interested in fuel saving are Welcome.

Regards,

Wijesinghe

I also thought of this Fan thing.Theres a device called Vortec http://www.vorteccyclone.com/.Its said that it increases HP by creating a swirl in air.But i think it causes resistance.

Whts the Car you are doing these experiments ?

I also thought of this Fan thing.Theres a device called Vortec http://www.vorteccyclone.com/.Its said that it increases HP by creating a swirl in air.But i think it causes resistance.

Whts the Car you are doing these experiments ?

Sir,

This is not a car mine is a Chinese Duel propose Van Channa 10 seats 1000 Kgs GVW a Chinese build Suzuki Gypsy Engine assembled in China 1300CC with German Bosch EFI and all censers are Bosch I bought this new for Rupees 1135000.00 done at present 31000 KM.

Had few problems like engine heating up due to Radiator block at 25000 KM had to change 4 Valves Engine head was refaced Engine block was refaced as the new gasket failed within 1 day.

AFTER 50 KM WHEN HEAD WAS REMOVED I FOUND THE ENGINE BLOCK TOP HAD SLIGHTLY NOT IN STRAIGHT LINE WHEN I TESTED THE LEVEL ON THE ENGINE BLOCK HAD TO RE FACE THE BLOCK ON A THICK(3) 10 mm GLASSES 1 FOOT BY 1 1/2 FEET WITH FINE EMMERY PASTE UNTIL THE ENGINE BLOCK GOT THE PERFECT LEVEL WHICH TOOK 20 HOURS TIME OF TWO MECHANICS. Please note to do this I had to remove all parts of the engine block crank and pistons after getting perfect engine block level I had to use Kerosene oil about three gallons. High pressure AIR WATER AGAIN AIR to do a perfect cleaning which took four days as this was done by moving the Engine block on the glasses manually.

Engine was totally refitted with correct tools and Toke wrench was used for correct tightening of nuts and bolts.

I THINK WHAT YOU SAY IT IS CORRECT INCREASE OF HP.

I will have to run for some more Km and give the results and problems which will develop later to this Forum.

There are Electric turbo charges which are advertised on the WEB. If I fix a Electric turbocharger I did read entire system of fuel (EFI) supply into the Engine has to be re calibrated to compensate air flow.

If any member is aware of this please like to have comments.

Wijesinge.

Sir,

This is not a car mine is a Chinese Duel propose Van Channa 10 seats 1000 Kgs GVW a Chinese build Suzuki Gypsy Engine assembled in China 1300CC with German Bosch EFI and all censers are Bosch I bought this new for Rupees 1135000.00 done at present 31000 KM.

Had few problems like engine heating up due to Radiator block at 25000 KM had to change 4 Valves Engine head was refaced Engine block was refaced as the new gasket failed within 1 day.

AFTER 50 KM WHEN HEAD WAS REMOVED I FOUND THE ENGINE BLOCK TOP HAD SLIGHTLY NOT IN STRAIGHT LINE WHEN I TESTED THE LEVEL ON THE ENGINE BLOCK HAD TO RE FACE THE BLOCK ON A THICK(3) 10 mm GLASSES 1 FOOT BY 1 1/2 FEET WITH FINE EMMERY PASTE UNTIL THE ENGINE BLOCK GOT THE PERFECT LEVEL WHICH TOOK 20 HOURS TIME OF TWO MECHANICS. Please note to do this I had to remove all parts of the engine block crank and pistons after getting perfect engine block level I had to use Kerosene oil about three gallons. High pressure AIR WATER AGAIN AIR to do a perfect cleaning which took four days as this was done by moving the Engine block on the glasses manually.

Engine was totally refitted with correct tools and Toke wrench was used for correct tightening of nuts and bolts.

I THINK WHAT YOU SAY IT IS CORRECT INCREASE OF HP.

I will have to run for some more Km and give the results and problems which will develop later to this Forum.

There are Electric turbo charges which are advertised on the WEB. If I fix a Electric turbocharger I did read entire system of fuel (EFI) supply into the Engine has to be re calibrated to compensate air flow.

If any member is aware of this please like to have comments.

Wijesinge.

But Turbocharging it would give u more BHP (I mean Normal Turbo)

And Yes Keep us updated about the Benefits u gained and Problems u had to face.U seem to have a lot of free time nah :)

Edited by SpEeD FrEak

But Turbocharging it would give u more BHP (I mean Normal Turbo)

And Yes Keep us updated about the Benefits u gained and Problems u had to face.U seem to have a lot of free time nah :)

Sir,

Thank you for your comment.

I will always like to share my Knowledge I am more qualified in Electricity of Automobiles and heavy industrial unis.

I do not want to blow my own Trumpet. Yes I have little more time to do new Experiments like Fuel saving methods.

I do have my own Work shop fully equipped for what is necessary for my work. Which Existed from 1931 on same situation.

Three Skilled Qualified young Workers one worker has worked in Middle East as a Work leader for 12 Years.

All round experience in working for a reputed Automobile agent in their after market service Automobile Service station.

I do a Automobile aftermarket Service Pioneer in that service and served the Srilanka Automobile Industry for more than 50 years Following my late Father's footsteps in the same place from 1931 Work shop what he Established to Maintain Electrical units of Automobiles and heavy industry. At the moment I do not do any Electrical service.

Because I concentrate more on other Service What I do from 1992 which is very necessary for Srilankan Automobile users.

Wijesinghe.

Those fuel savers are nothing other than jimmiks. IF it is possible to save fuel by such a simple technologies, why automotive makers spent billions of dollar to do research about fuel efficient vehicles.

Same goes for water powered cars. Even O/L pass student can understand it. :D

Mr, Harsha Senadhir.

Sir,

Do as you wish.

I do not have blood on my hands.

Best regards,

Wijesinghe

Mr. Wijesinghe,

it's by all means not allowed to advertise here in this forum, with each and every post what you're doing is advertising your services indirectly, which is against forum rules. You'll earn a bad reputation among members by going against forum rules rather than a good reputation by being recommended by fellow members which didn't happen to the date. Let automobile community praise you rather than you blowing your own trumpet. If you search around this forum you'll see there are some technical guys, garages being praised by forum members and hence they earn a good reputation without them posting on this forum. Simillarly there are some garages and guys being bashed for being charging high and for poor delivery. Let your reputation to be earned or if you believe you already have a reputation, let it flow into this forum by all means but, not through your own trumpet again.

Mr. Wijesinghe,

it's by all means not allowed to advertise here in this forum, with each and every post what you're doing is advertising your services indirectly, which is against forum rules. You'll earn a bad reputation among members by going against forum rules rather than a good reputation by being recommended by fellow members which didn't happen to the date. Let automobile community praise you rather than you blowing your own trumpet. If you search around this forum you'll see there are some technical guys, garages being praised by forum members and hence they earn a good reputation without them posting on this forum. Simillarly there are some garages and guys being bashed for being charging high and for poor delivery. Let your reputation to be earned or if you believe you already have a reputation, let it flow into this forum by all means but, not through your own trumpet again.

All list members,

Please note I did not start Windshield repair in the General Auto Lanka Forum.

I only started about Fuel savers I do not want to advertise my Glass repair in Auto lanka Forum.

One customer who visited for my services told me there is a forum and there is some one wanted my references he wanted to reply for same.

Then only I became a member and replied for his request.

I have enough wealth to exist in last few years of my life.

Do not have any one of mine to leave my Glass Repair and Polishing Technology which I brought from USA Pioneer Glass repair inventing Establishment "NOVUS" WINDSHIELD REPAIR.

I have build up in Srilanka from 1992 after 15 years I have trained very young person totally out side person who had skills in another technical trade to be a good Glass Repairer and glass polisher.

Till I was 65 Years I did all glass repair and Polishing work on my own.

To Glass repair trade few others entered they are no more due to poor Quality finished jobs.

I do not intend arguing with Mr Senadhir or counter attacking him if he read my massages I never requested the members to come to me for Glass repairs.

Even Lord Buddha has preached not to associate with persons who are not intelligent.

I do not want to get into that low category.

On the Fuel saver subject I wanted to share with others what I have experimented at my cost.

It is left for other members on this list to decide who is correct who is the culprit.

I will not shake or bow down my head for injustice.

As I do this service with my other revenues for the motorists in Srilanka purely to serve them.

Best regards,

Wijesinghe.

All list members,

Please note I did not start Windshield repair in the General Auto Lanka Forum.

I only started about Fuel savers I do not want to advertise my Glass repair in Auto lanka Forum.

One customer who visited for my services told me there is a forum and there is some one wanted my references he wanted to reply for same.

Then only I became a member and replied for his request.

I have enough wealth to exist in last few years of my life.

Do not have any one of mine to leave my Glass Repair and Polishing Technology which I brought from USA Pioneer Glass repair inventing Establishment "NOVUS" WINDSHIELD REPAIR.

I have build up in Srilanka from 1992 after 15 years I have trained very young person totally out side person who had skills in another technical trade to be a good Glass Repairer and glass polisher.

Till I was 65 Years I did all glass repair and Polishing work on my own.

To Glass repair trade few others entered they are no more due to poor Quality finished jobs.

I do not intend arguing with Mr Senadhir or counter attacking him if he read my massages I never requested the members to come to me for Glass repairs.

Even Lord Buddha has preached not to associate with persons who are not intelligent.

I do not want to get into that low category.

On the Fuel saver subject I wanted to share with others what I have experimented at my cost.

It is left for other members on this list to decide who is correct who is the culprit.

I will not shake or bow down my head for injustice.

As I do this service with my other revenues for the motorists in Srilanka purely to serve them.

Best regards,

Wijesinghe.

true that you didn't start the windshield repairing thread, but you did advertise your services there including your contact numbers. It was pointed out by many members and some went to the extend of asking is personal advertising allowed in the forums. And now you're saying by publishing contact numbers here, repetitively, multiple posts one after the other, you didn't intend any of members to contact you? you must be kidding.

You got yourself wrong at the very same thread and accused me for posting about your high charges in this forum where as it was done by a different member, I asked to withdraw that comment but you were not so generous to accept your mistake.

now in this fuel saver thread, you're indirectly advertising (or bragging) about the services and the qualifications of your mechanics, at the benefit of SL automobile community? or you're doing a community service here? again, you must be kidding.

it's you who pointed finger at me confusing yourself and it's up to you to bow down or argue with me or fly a kite, I don't give a damn and I posses enough intelligence to deal with fellow members in this forum, but one person. So I'll let others to decide who's the culprit.

Admins,

I leave it at you all to decide whether this is advertising or not, to be frank, I've never seen this level of misuse of AL forums for personal benefit.

true that you didn't start the windshield repairing thread, but you did advertise your services there including your contact numbers. It was pointed out by many members and some went to the extend of asking is personal advertising allowed in the forums. And now you're saying by publishing contact numbers here, repetitively, multiple posts one after the other, you didn't intend any of members to contact you? you must be kidding.

You got yourself wrong at the very same thread and accused me for posting about your high charges in this forum where as it was done by a different member, I asked to withdraw that comment but you were not so generous to accept your mistake.

now in this fuel saver thread, you're indirectly advertising (or bragging) about the services and the qualifications of your mechanics, at the benefit of SL automobile community? or you're doing a community service here? again, you must be kidding.

it's you who pointed finger at me confusing yourself and it's up to you to bow down or argue with me or fly a kite, I don't give a damn and I posses enough intelligence to deal with fellow members in this forum, but one person. So I'll let others to decide who's the culprit.

Admins,

I leave it at you all to decide whether this is advertising or not, to be frank, I've never seen this level of misuse of AL forums for personal benefit.

1+

Admins,

Admins,

Correct dude one shouldn't blow ones own trumpet.And also u didnt tell anything baout his charges though he blames u.

Edited by SpEeD FrEak