• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Waxing Headlights

rangerover

Guys,

When you wax your car, do you always wax your headlights? does this practice help prevent oxidation and yellowing of the headlight. I wax my car every 6 weeks with 3m paste wax (Silicon wax) and wash 2 - 3 times a week with armorall wash and wax shampoo (Carnauba wax). My waxing includes the waxing of headlamps. Would this practice and timings help me to prevent yellowing and oxidation of headlights?

Also some forums talk about acrylic cleaners to clean headlight oxidation and prevent further oxidation. Have any of you tried this?

Guys,

When you wax your car, do you always wax your headlights? does this practice help prevent oxidation and yellowing of the headlight. I wax my car every 6 weeks with 3m paste wax (Silicon wax) and wash 2 - 3 times a week with armorall wash and wax shampoo (Carnauba wax). My waxing includes the waxing of headlamps. Would this practice and timings help me to prevent yellowing and oxidation of headlights?

Also some forums talk about acrylic cleaners to clean headlight oxidation and prevent further oxidation. Have any of you tried this?

The 3M paste wax says that it offers UV protection, so if that is true, waxing the headlights will protect it from discoloration due to UV damage.

There is this place at Nedimala. Past Hill Street. To the left from the Buddha statue and adjoining Anderson Rd. Guy did a pretty good job on my CR42 head lights. Cost Rs.2000. about 6 months ago. still clear. I'm satisfied with his work. you guys can check the place out. charges according to the size.

yes, it's good to have a coat to protect it from UV rays that can harm the plastic covers. Mine, over the years, had got real bad and I cleaned them up myself. I used 600, 1000, 2000 grit wet sandpaper until I was happy with the finish (it's matt finished at this point, don't be scared) and then used swirl and haze remover and polishing compound to finish off and make it clear and shiny before sealing it with a wax. Took me about half hour per side but the results were worth it.

pics ... http://www.fquick.com/garages/viewgallery....amp;carid=15951

There is this place at Nedimala. Past Hill Street. To the left from the Buddha statue and adjoining Anderson Rd. Guy did a pretty good job on my CR42 head lights. Cost Rs.2000. about 6 months ago. still clear. I'm satisfied with his work. you guys can check the place out. charges according to the size.

even i got my lights cleaned by him, and that was an year ago, since then i used to clean my lights with brasso once 3 weeks and it looks fine until now