• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Engine Temperature Will Increase 90%

Prami

In my Mazda (BH), when I am driving in high RPM range (3000 - 3500 RPM and speed more than 90 kmph), engine temperature will increase 90% - 95%. I tried to switched off AC. But same thing happen.... :(

Any idea on this?

Check your water pump, and see of the pully is slipping. Sometimes at high speeds the pulley slips and not enough circulation. Happened to an old Accord I had few years ago. Changed the pump completely.

Check your water pump, and see of the pully is slipping. Sometimes at high speeds the pulley slips and not enough circulation. Happened to an old Accord I had few years ago. Changed the pump completely.

In addition to above check the radiatar blocks and the cooling fan, thermostat etc.

Thanks guys for all replies... :)

VVTi, you mean the water fan (pump), right? better to have a look....

Edited by Prami

VVTi, you mean the water fan (pump), right? better to have a look....

Yep, normally it is driven by a pulley that is run off the belt that is connected to the alternator on many models. Check if that pully is slipping. Check the fans like someone said as well. But normally at high speeds the oncoming air tends to cool the engine, that's why normally you see drop in the gauge when going at moderate to high speed with no load (no climbing or hard acceleration). But if your engine is heating up at high speeds, it could mean that the water is not circulating through the engine enough. If your engine is working normally with no boiling or leaks, First to check should be the water pump. Also when did you last flush the radiator? It might be a blockage there as well. Again, due to no water circulation.

Yep, normally it is driven by a pulley that is run off the belt that is connected to the alternator on many models. Check if that pully is slipping. Check the fans like someone said as well. But normally at high speeds the oncoming air tends to cool the engine, that's why normally you see drop in the gauge when going at moderate to high speed with no load (no climbing or hard acceleration). But if your engine is heating up at high speeds, it could mean that the water is not circulating through the engine enough. If your engine is working normally with no boiling or leaks, First to check should be the water pump. Also when did you last flush the radiator? It might be a blockage there as well. Again, due to no water circulation.

Recently didnt flush the radiator.... But the color of coolant didnt change. so is it be a radiator blockage?

Recently didnt flush the radiator.... But the color of coolant didnt change. so is it be a radiator blockage?

Check the pulley and see if the belt is loose or slipping there... then you can flush the radiator and see. DIY. Remove the drain nut at the bottom and hold a water hose at the top and flush off the gunk... you can run the engine for a short while to circulate fresh water to wash out the insides as well. See if there is a lot of muck.

Tick off all the possible scenarios,

Yes , problem may be associated to Radiator efficiency. Must check for blockages to outsides air vents

of the radiator too.

Other factors that should tolarate are incorrect igintion timing , incorrect fuel ratio (low) associated with

faluty injectors etc, which tends to rise in temporature in combustion chambers that can transmit to the cooling network.