• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Accident Of A Subaru Wrx Blue At The Kolpity Junction

charitha19

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a classic example of "right car wrong hands" I guess.

Thank god the occupants and rest are OK.

@Gihan..Didnt know that you sold the blue babe.Bought a new? Wanna share more?

MINIACE

didn't got anything yet machan, there is a pic of the car after the crash in my FB status update, other than the body Engine, gear box, rear diff are broken, alloy wheels, shocks, axles, brake disks are in pieces

i am dying to know what exactly happned in the accidient and how he managed to condem that car.

he was doing 240+, then he was taking the bend car hit the island, airborne and ended in front of perera and sons

didn't got anything yet machan, there is a pic of the car after the crash in my FB status update, other than the body Engine, gear box, rear diff are broken, alloy wheels, shocks, axles, brake disks are in pieces

he was doing 240+, then he was taking the bend car hit the island, airborne and ended in front of perera and sons

what kind of an idiot does that on that bend and in rush hour.... in any car.. machang was he coming from the dehiwela side or from the galle face side..

what kind of an idiot does that on that bend and in rush hour.... in any car.. machang was he coming from the dehiwela side or from the galle face side..

he crashed at 4.30 Am, he was coming from galleface side

What left use in a car. At least the speakers, setup?? BTW where is the picture. it was there yesterday?

rear and front speakers are damaged too, setup was not damaged

Whatever the reason, I think it is very irresponsible of the driver to be doing 240+ (if at all) and to be taking such a tight turn at any speed. That is a HSZ and I am surprised that the Army did not shoot him first at that speed.

What if there was a fatality? And what if that fatality was an innocent bystander? Or a SLDF member doing his duty? What was he trying to prove?

240+??

It didn't hit me .. was it doing 240+ Kmph?????????

If so i have two things in my mind..

1. the driver is *#%gnF(*4e856&$*($#*R%LE

2. His accelerator pedal stuck in the floor matrass , when the Subaru start getting Toyota pedals :D

Edited by MkX

I seriously doubt it hit anything at 240+ if it did, then there would have been lesser pieces and one less idiot in Colombo. Seriously, Gihan, I doubt that he was doing 240+ My guess is he would have hit 100-140 max before anything happened.

I seriously doubt it hit anything at 240+ if it did, then there would have been lesser pieces and one less idiot in Colombo. Seriously, Gihan, I doubt that he was doing 240+ My guess is he would have hit 100-140 max before anything happened.

No pun, but this reminds me Darwin awards indeed. Heard of one accident took place sometime back, along marine drive, a 607 crashed at 240 and driver walked away from the crash site. So chances are there that he survived this accident @ 240+. It all depends on the angle and how it knocked, because there were fatal accidents took place at lesser, much lesser speeds simply due to the way accident took place.

Cars are crash tested for most obvious accident patterns and there can be topple ups, side by side crashes where certain safety measures are useless.

All in all one lucky bugger I would say.

same here, ill also doubt, but he show me a pic his friend took speedo hitting 240 before the crash

same here, ill also doubt, but he show me a pic his friend took speedo hitting 240 before the crash

he better not show it around as the cops will have a field day... if the damage to public property is bad as I think, he will have a long affair with SL courts system. The CMS is notorious for making you pay 100K for Lamp posts and trust me. the SL courts will be on their side.

he better not show it around as the cops will have a field day... if the damage to public property is bad as I think, he will have a long affair with SL courts system. The CMS is notorious for making you pay 100K for Lamp posts and trust me. the SL courts will be on their side.

asking out of curiosity, isn't 3rd party coverage of the insurance will look after such damages?

Just saw some pictures. Most damage is it to the undercarriage. Body seems almost intact. I doubt he was doing 240kmph. He probably was at one point of the drive, but not before he hit. 240kmph would've done far more damage. Wrong car in the wrong hands....

DATS SOME MEAN DRIVING...

Edited by KI4120

i was in a crash when my friend lost control of his fb15 at about 130kph i wasn't even scratched even though my other friends had minor to moderate injuries. the car spun several times and hit few minor obstacles before finally going head on against a building. if the impact was direct then we all would have died on the spot but since the car spun and met other obstacles on the way we all survived and in my case without any impact other than the thrill of being spun all acorss at high speed lol

i think on a bad day even a direct impact at 50kph is enough to kill the ones inside! on a good day i have seen a vdo of a 350z crashing at nearly 200mph and driver was unharmed.

Edited by isurujosh