• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Formula-1 2010

miniace

.............When one has Saint Ronald Dennis, the whole of minute particle free McLaren, the whole English speaking British earth molly coddling, pampering and singing ones praises before one can even get into ones' racing underpants, all the while conveniently ignoring ones' double world champion team-mate totally and all other such foreign bodies on the rest of the grid, How on earth can one such rookie fail? ;)

+1

Drama for dramas sake is seldom a good thing in racing. It erodes the sportsmanship aspect. F1 could do with a bit more of that.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

.............When one has Saint Ronald Dennis, the whole of minute particle free McLaren, the whole English speaking British earth molly coddling, pampering and singing ones praises before one can even get into ones' racing underpants, all the while conveniently ignoring ones' double world champion team-mate totally and all other such foreign bodies on the rest of the grid, How on earth can one such rookie fail? ;)

last time i checked Ronald Dennis had not been declared a saint by canonization. with so much said, you seems to have forgotten what happened in monaco 2007.

let me remind you ... http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2007/08/05/anot...er-for-mclaren/

truth is this. alonso was promised favors by ron. alonso got what he wanted initially, case and point monaco 2007 as noted above. but then it was practically impossible for ron to keep favoring alonso coz hamilton was too good to make yet another barrichello of. so it was only a matter of time before ron had to say "f*** off alonso". then the inevitable happened after hungarian gp 2007. afterwards ron had no other choice than to support hamilton over alonso. after all alonso's conduct in spygate left ron with very little to play with.

Edited by isurujosh

truth is this.

Really? We absolutely must believe this British website I suppose? Don't forget that we only read English. We (most of us) are unable to read Spanish, Italian, German etc.....

For centuries we have been made to believe the British Press. Simply because they gave the world English. And so many bought it or were forced to.

So we hardly ever get the other point of view. The only way (I find) is to read other forums where there are members from diverse origins.

There is enough evidence about how biased the Brits can be. It's very very plain in their car magazines. So there is no way I'm buying this paparazzi fairy tale that increased those two newspapers ratings/circulation. Of course you are free to.

Anyway let's see how Hamilton vs Alonso pans out this season..............

The argument on who is the 'Greatest' is an issue prevalent in every sport- that's why the only neutral yard stick is the statistical records. In that sense MS has nothing to prove. Even the harshest critic of him (such as yours truly) has to accept the fact. Even if his comeback is a flop- no one can take away his record, but the British tabloids will obliviously jump on it if he does fail. Sensationalism is their job after all.

There will always be gutter press which narrow minded newer F1 fans will suck up. There will also be 'nobodies' on forums such as this one, who suddenly appear from no where trying to make up stories and logic, with no credibility. (BS in short)

It really is naive to make comments condemning a double world champion- to a very serious offense. The FIA has taken action on the people deemed guilty where there has been evidence.

Edited by Elvis_Pil

Not really- Did Jordon come back to a team that had won the Championship the previous year...

MS's legacy is made, the only question is whether he's current driving form deserves a place in a Championship winning F1 team or not ...

Shades of Jordan's second comeback with the Wizards?
Edited by Elvis_Pil

the only question is whether he's current driving form deserves a place in a Championship winning F1 team or not ...

And based on the fact that despite being away for 3 years and only 3 races into the new-gen cars, he is only an average of 2 tenths of a second off a much younger team-mate, I think he more than deserves a place in the team. It takes 3 tenths of a second to blink an eye! Google MGP CEO Nick Fry's assessment of Michael's car development skills and technical feedback. Super stuff.

Great drivers and athletes who un-retire, like Jordan, Schumacher and Lance Armstrong don't really care if the great unwashed masses or the media think that their legacies or 'reputations' will be sullied. They have no fear of failing, or losing - they love to compete and they will gladly do so as long as they have a fighting chance of being successful.

Personally I think this hating on one driver crap is very immature and belongs more in 'pro' wrestling. If you're at the top in Formula One, the chances are you will kill to stay there and there are no exceptions. Almost all world champions are/were selfish bastards and they've connived and manipulated their way to get one up on their team-mates and opposition because that's just what you have to do. When you have 10 drivers covered from maybe 6 teams covered by less than a second, being slightly faster on track is sometimes not enough. Michael, Lewis and Alonso have all crossed the line at times, but that is what World Champions do in an attempt to win. It's ugly, but sometimes its the only way to win.

....words to those spoken to Mansell by the late Brazilian champion Ayrton Senna in 1992 when the Briton finally secured the title.

"He put his arm around me, hugged me and said: 'Well done, Nigel. It's such a good feeling, isn't it? Now you know why I'm such a bastard. I don't ever want to lose the feeling or let anybody else experience it,'" Mansell recalled.

http://dalje.com/en-sports/hamilton-title-...f-mansell/90633

:)

Nice one.. its a sport at the end of the day.. on and off the track:)

....words to those spoken to Mansell by the late Brazilian champion Ayrton Senna in 1992 when the Briton finally secured the title.

"He put his arm around me, hugged me and said: 'Well done, Nigel. It's such a good feeling, isn't it? Now you know why I'm such a bastard. I don't ever want to lose the feeling or let anybody else experience it,'" Mansell recalled.

http://dalje.com/en-sports/hamilton-title-...f-mansell/90633

:)

oh the righteous one has spoken. i let the indecent, baseless and ego-centric tone of the post judge the righteous one and leave it at that.

on another note i think a good assessment of schumacher's "current level of ability" is montezemolo's dislike to offer the 2nd ferrari seat to schumacher over alonso. according to some sources one of the main reasons why ferrari were actively campaigning for 3 cars per team was to give schumacher the 3rd ferrari seat and prevent schumacher going to merc.

Edited by isurujosh

Chinese Grand Prix: Sebastien Buemi 'unfazed' by horror crash in Shanghai

Sebastien_Buemi-ap_1617402c.jpg

Standing tall: Sebastien Buemi escaped uninjured from the 300 kph crash Photo: AP

Buemi, 21, was lucky to escape uninjured after his car suffered a dramatic mechanical failure that saw both front wheels fly offas he braked before hitting the barriers at turn 14.

Amazingly, he walked away and shrugged it off, saying he was unfazed by the whole horrifying accident.

"The track is really wide there, with a lot of run-off space. It looked quite spectacular, but from inside the car, it was not so big," he said. "I just lost both wheels."

"Afterwards, for me, it took a bit of time to understand what happened, but it was not too bad. Something broke. It happens. We've changed the car and it will be fine to go out again," he added.

"As a driver, I just don't think about it any more."

Buemi said he was more concerned at the problems he will face in trying to qualify with a good time after missing so much of Friday's practice.

"I will have to rely on Jaime (Alguersurai) for his data and then just do my best," he said. "But I have to say, I am extremely disappointed that, once again, through no fault of my own, I have been unable to run for almost all three hours."

One of the front wheels from his car flew over a safety fence and into a spectator area while the other shot through a hole in the fence after hitting a trackside television camera.

His Toro Rosso team said the crash was caused by a failure of a front-right upright which caused an immediate failure on the equivalent part on the left side at the front of the car.

Debris was left strewn across the track and the session had to be red-flagged to a halt. Buemi's Toro Rosso team-mate Spaniard Alguersuari was called in by the team.

A team spokesman said: "Buemi's incident in FP1 (free practice one) was caused by the failure of the front-right upright. Both cars had been fitted with new uprights for this race. They had not been used previously.

"The exact cause of the failure within the component has yet to be identified. For FP2 and the rest of the weekend, both cars will be fitted with uprights from a validated batch."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/motorspor...n-Shanghai.html

"I am obviously disappointed about my qualifying. It didn't really come together today. In certain areas I was just not quick enough and at some corner exits, I struggled a bit with rear end grip. I haven't really found the balance of the car all weekend. It will be tough to be too optimistic for tomorrow from my grid position but then I had some good starts lately and there is always room for lots of things to happen in Formula One races. We can still achieve some good points and I am definitely going to go for it."

-Schumacher

apparently the "old man" has something to be "worried-about".

Chinese Grand Prix: Sebastien Buemi 'unfazed' by horror crash in Shanghai

Sebastien_Buemi-ap_1617402c.jpg

Standing tall: Sebastien Buemi escaped uninjured from the 300 kph crash Photo: AP

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/motorspor...n-Shanghai.html

Awww bugger. The vid you linked to has been taken down due to copyright claim. Never got to see it :(

18 Apr 2010

Race results - McLaren spring Shanghai surprise

In a dramatic race featuring two safety-car periods, it was Jenson Button who conquered changeable track conditions to lead home Lewis Hamilton for an unexpected McLaren one-two in China on Sunday.

Nico Rosberg completed the podium for Mercedes GP, followed by Ferrari's Fernando Alonso, who recovered from a penalty for jumping the start, and Renault's Robert Kubica. Full results...

http://www.formula1.com/

Cheers to Mr Button.. Smooth drive all the way

Edited by virensti

any news regarding Mr.dick head's pit lane antics?

Tres' harsh.. lol Not yet.. But he really is a "good-driver-but-still-a-rookie" Hamilton eh. :rolleyes:

Edited by virensti

any news regarding Mr.dick head's pit lane antics?

Heated for sure, but Vetel is somewhat at fault too. Takes two to tango. They were running hot going in, and coming out Vetel was crowding Hamilton and pushing him in towards the crew area.

But some interesting racing and passing going on today :)

Premature Alonso. Vettel-Hamilton Playground fight. Schumacher...who??? Hot shot Petrov.

One of the most entertaining races in quite some time. Definitely several stellar examples of driving skill...

In the vettel-hamilton case, both of them are immature idiots- totally unnecessary and dangerous, they are lucky to not been penalized.

IMO, had it been a ferrari in the fracas instead, the powers-that-be would have made sure Hamilton lost his podium finish...

again hamilton proved him self. button has a better brain than dick head's but aint no faster head-to-head on common grounds. kudos to button anyway.

i was wondering someone has to say this... isn't it time that ross brawn need to decide on 2011 champioship winning line up for mgp? i for once don't recommend hiring a local tifosi expert for decision making! but anyway, i'd love to see kubica pairing up with rosberg for 2011 mpg. i am sad that the economic reality on the ground does not permit such a move:(. it's sad to see schui issuing statements congratulating "english-team" and his fellow compatriot while blaming his own performance. shui has won all there is to. he should not come back to F1 to help selling race tickets, mercedece cars and simply enjoy his retirement. f1 is not for those who want to come back and enjoy their retirement. this ain't bicycle racing, this is car racing. "shui, you are still the greatest in my mind too. but, don't push your chances".

with Rosberg 2nd in the Drivers championship after a handful of races, one would have to be quite the simpleton to start thinking about the next year.. What's Schumacher's business is Schumacher's business, he will make the correct choice when it comes to the crunch- any Driver in any form of racing would be thrilled to know that they have a following capable of moving tickets to such a high degree. Good sportsmen are always willing to give

back to their sport...

Agreed Pils- its up to Schumacher to decide what is best.

Pity though, that he's decided benjamins over leaving a legacy...his success was based at a time when more driver aids, traction control were raging through the cars- and he excelled in that period.

The car he has to contend with now is quite different...couple that to competing drivers who are a lot younger and more conditioned, he's got his work cut out for him, and it certainly is showing.

Overall though, it looks like there's going to be quite a bunch in contention for the championship...and that, definitely makes a difference to following the sport.

Edited by gunat

Agreed Pils- its up to Schumacher to decide what is best.

Pity though, that he's decided benjamins over leaving a legacy...his success was based at a time when more driver aids, traction control were raging through the cars- and he excelled in that period.

The car he has to contend with now is quite different...couple that to competing drivers who are a lot younger and more conditioned, he's got his work cut out for him, and it certainly is showing.

Overall though, it looks like there's going to be quite a bunch in contention for the championship...and that, definitely makes a difference to following the sport.

Hi Gunat, Michael won races through various periods, the height of electronic aids in the early nineties, then without, then again with, then without. He won on slick tires, grooved tires and cars less dependent and cars more dependent on aero than the current generation ones. He seems to be struggling with the new generation of tires and he quite clearly had corner exit problems in China, as he said after qualifying. If you listened to the in-car footage, he was getting a lot of wheelspin at the exit of the slower corners compared to Nico and this really hampered him in the battles with Lewis and the Red Bulls. Ross Brawn is changing his chassis for BCN because sometimes there are inherent manufacturing flaws in certain components that engineers cant locate. It's nothing new - I remember Ross doing the same for Eddie Irvine in 1999 when his Ferrari was unusually slower than Mika Salo's car for no apparent reason (Ferrari later destroyed that chassis). Hopefully this works, or else as Adrian Sutil says, Michael will have to re-learn to drive these cars all over again. The guys at Mercedes think that he is still as fit as the fittest guys on the grid (Webber and Button) but he seems to be a few kilograms heavier (Sutil says 10 kg is worth only a tenth).

Still, it's great to see a guy who is out there with only the will to compete, despite having no shortage or money and nothing left to prove in the sport. He is still a few tenths off Nico, but I believe the tables will turn shortly. Either way, he doesn't care about his 'legacy' so maybe we shouldn't either. :)

I can't believe we have to wait 3 weeks before the next GP!