• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Flood Victims (automotive) - Learning Points

did my usual oil/filter change servicing over the weekend and had the car on the hoist. checked up all the boots and stuff cos i too have been wading on and off these past few days and on one occasion knocked something that was covered in water pretty hard :(

no visual damage on the undercarriage luckily but i hope this damn crappy weather clears up fast :(

roads have gotten really bad :( especially the roads close to my place are frequented by heavy vehicles and those bloody things make tiny pot holes into ponds in a matter of hours :(

as tough to believe as it is...the road you took to work in the morning is not the same when you take the return journey back.

certain places that didn't have pot holes will have developed pot holes within that time.... :violent-smiley-030:

amen on what you said about instant pot holes. Guardian angel who was driving a delica in front of me showed such pond just half an hour back while driving home. If not for that i'm sure either my right tire will blow with some rim damage or lower arm will bend with some knackered bushes and ball joints. It was that horrible. Always look for the road regardless how familiar you're with the road, also keep substantial distance from the vehicle in front of you to make a decision and see whats waiting out there.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If one wants to be sarcastic to another, why sing the message with Best regards.... insane indeed..! :lol:

Sir,

I am not insane like few members in the forum still steady healthy at 68 years daily handling and taming iron made objects.

Best regards,

Wijesinghe.

The Mighty Engine

What is the bet Uncle Sylvi knew about this 40 years ago?

Sir

Please do not waste your time by posting challenging silly questions to me That engine you talk about is new design still not come for commercial production as for my knowledge.

This forum is there for motorist for Vehicle problems and get information to sort out any problems.

You use this Forum to challenge my Knowledge.

Mind your language do not call me uncle

I did not have any connections with your mother.You are not a relative of mine.

Your language calling a unknown person by Uncle that proves you have educated in a third grade School.

Wijesinghe.

Edited by Sylvi

Guys i'll be coming Dehiwala on this wednesday what road I should take or any flooded areas to skip. :unsure:

1. Kandy - Colombo road and going to Nugegoda in baseline road

2. Turn to new Kandy road from Balummahara junction (via Malabe)

3. Turn from Kegalle then highlevel road from Awissawella

appriciate your suggestions. If all road has major flood i'll have to take bus. I don't think my EK3 is water proof

Is rain over? Still lot of mud going here and there.

Sir,

Your Bolt was polished too much now it is hanging Due to a Infection.

Best regards,

Wijesinghe

Sir,

You certainly are a laugh and a half. What on earth is up with your obsession with people's "equipment"?

Have you spent your "68 years of life steady and healthy" in the proverbial closet and is this your way of coming out of it? Whatever works man we on AL don't judge....

However you do need to realize that this is a site which has readers of all ages and generally speaking in the language that you pick up by working near (or is it inside?) a canal is generally not appreciated.

It appears that the caravan is still upside down.

No regards.

S_N

Sir

Please do not waste your time by posting challenging silly questions to me That engine you talk about is new design still not come for commercial production as for my knowledge.

This forum is there for motorist for Vehicle problems and get information to sort out any problems.

Your language calling a unknown person by Uncle that proves you have educated in a third grade School.

Wijesinghe.

Hey uncle (unrelated to my mother too),

You still havent told us who the 'most manufacturers' are that use boxer engines..

Sir

Sir,

You are very right this forum is indeed a place for people to sort out their vehicle issues and get Correct information on how to solve them.

Notice how I said "Correct" in the previous line? That very neatly explains why we use this forum to challenge Your "knowledge". Because if we didn't and people actually followed your advice they would be in a hell of a lot more trouble than they are already!

AL has a reputation as a place where people can get good solid advice on auto issues and we certainly wouldnt want that ruined thanks to one "maka baas" type who imagines that removing a fan belt is all you need to drive a car through a flood!

Wijesinghe.

What your language (and your unhealthy obsession with other members' genitalia) proves about your education, Uncle, I won't go into here.

Honestly what DO you sepnd your "over 6 hours on the internet" on? Hmmmmmm..............

Edited by Supra_Natural

Uncle,

Honestly what DO you sepnd your "over 6 hours on the internet" on? Hmmmmmm..............

I'm sure uncle sylvi spends the 6 hours on the internet watching guys using wax (imported from the US at USD200 per tub) to polish nuts.... (i mean the metal type, or DO I ;) )

Aney Sylvi Uncle... I was not as privileged as you were to have studied in a First Grade School in my younger days no... so we call everyone UNCLE and ANTY no... :action-smiley-060:

But I am still interested to find out about ALL the manufacturers who uses Boxer Engines, How to remove Fan Belts during rains, Charge 15k to polish a glass, and dabble with all the VVIP cars in Sri Lanka.... :):action-smiley-060:

You a re just a pompous 'has-been' old fool who deserves no respect. I have more respect for the people at car washes than you with all your so called nonsense. You claim that this forum is for sharing knowledge. 100% Correct... but we are yet to see you share anything worthwhile. All you talk about is people's genitalia and their upbringing.

Please Wije Uncle, keep your pie hole shut and do something worthwhile. You are a bloody joke. :angry-smiley-048:

Its people like you who make the Generation Gap widen in societies. People like you make the younger generation be very skeptical about the one before.

Embrace change, embrace the fact that the average 15 year old knows more about technology that you ever knew. We though are in our 20s, 30s or 40s are grasping with what is out there already when it comes to tech. Yet we don't mock the generation younger to us. Your generation did it, That's why most of us can't stand people like you.

Its people like and your moronic attitude about caste, social status, race and religion that brought this country down to its knees. Kids my age died in their thousands because of bloody stupid morons like you!!! None of you pansy buggers had the balls to stand up and say NO to what was happening then... so kids my age had to die, lose limbs and families so the next generation will not have to.

And you come here wagging your shriveled dick looking for a fight.

Be careful Old Man, when you go swinging your dick, looking for a fight.. someoen always is bound to chop it off.

Edited by VVTi

Aney Sylvi Uncle... I was not as privileged as you were to have studied in a First Grade School in my younger days no... so we call everyone UNCLE and ANTY no... :action-smiley-060:

But I am still interested to find out about ALL the manufacturers who uses Boxer Engines, How to remove Fan Belts during rains, Charge 15k to polish a glass, and dabble with all the VVIP cars in Sri Lanka.... :):action-smiley-060:

You a re just a pompous 'has-been' old fool who deserves no respect. I have more respect for the people at car washes than you with all your so called nonsense. You claim that this forum is for sharing knowledge. 100% Correct... but we are yet to see you share anything worthwhile. All you talk about is people's genitalia and their upbringing.

Please Wije Uncle, keep your pie hole shut and do something worthwhile. You are a bloody joke. :angry-smiley-048:

Its people like you who make the Generation Gap widen in societies. People like you make the younger generation be very skeptical about the one before.

Embrace change, embrace the fact that the average 15 year old knows more about technology that you ever knew. We though are in our 20s, 30s or 40s are grasping with what is out there already when it comes to tech. Yet we don't mock the generation younger to us. Your generation did it, That's why most of us can't stand people like you.

Its people like and your moronic attitude about caste, social status, race and religion that brought this country down to its knees. Kids my age died in their thousands because of bloody stupid morons like you!!! None of you pansy buggers had the balls to stand up and say NO to what was happening then... so kids my age had to die, lose limbs and families so the next generation will not have to.

And you come here wagging your shriveled dick looking for a fight.

Be careful Old Man, when you go swinging your dick, looking for a fight.. someoen always is bound to chop it off.

Perhaps we need to be a bit lenient with this elderly gentleman. At his age, people suffer from high blood pressure, cholesterol, diabetes and what not. Those can have a direct impact on what those people say & do, so we got to go a bit easy on them.

Perhaps we need to be a bit lenient with this elderly gentleman. At his age, people suffer from high blood pressure, cholesterol, diabetes and what not. Those can have a direct impact on what those people say & do, so we got to go a bit easy on them.

very true but gentleman he truly is not!

Genetilia-man maybe :D he's been on supra's case if you noticed the past few posts :D :D

very true but gentleman he truly is not!

Genetilia-man maybe :D he's been on supra's case if you noticed the past few posts :D :D

Not just mine, But VVTi's, masterdon's, even dilesh's I think.... He is truly a disturbed individual.

Not just mine, But VVTi's, masterdon's, even dilesh's I think.... He is truly a disturbed individual.

... and he assumes that the people using those IDs are all male, and possibly all AL users are male :D

Mr Sir

i like to know what are the new vehicles that comes with Boxer Engines, as i remember u said Most new vehicles comes with Boxer Engines, also like to know from you what are the advantages Boxer Engine has over other engines, Even thought i dont have 0.1% Experience of yours i have to say Boxer engines are not easy to work with, specially when it comes to changing plugs,

care the explain why manufactures now days go for Boxer Engines and the advantages ?

i wonder how our Mr Sir missed my question :unsure:

at least if he could comprehend properly and talk to the point and answer a simple clarification. We have been asking why he made a claim that all modern engines are boxer (ehem) engines, but to the date he's unable to provide an answer as to why he made that comment and he continue to boast about his experience without answering. ;)