• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Our New Baby, Fiat Grande Punto

VVTi

Yes it does... its an actual manual box with a solenoid actuated clutch... so kick down is just like in a manual. You can shift while the foot is planted. Loads of fun!

The gear shifting can be done both ways. Keep it in AUTO and the car changes gear itself, or you can switch to manual and then its like a normal manual, with the exception being when the car slows down it automatically down shifts, even when in Manual. Also, it will not change gears if the chosen gear and the vehicle speed is not ideal. But then you get used to it.

bit confused; from your first post (and subsequent comments) I thought it was a semi-automatic; from the second it sounds like a "tiptronic"? Or is it a "tiptronic" implementation using a clutch instead of a torque convertor :unsure:

Agent claims to be fully equipped. I have not gone and checked out their inventory. But I suppose they would have all the commonly replaced body parts in hand.

are the old people still in business? I thought (from the show the other day) that LOLC motors has taken over the dealership?

Hello VVTi,

Nice ride!

by the way whats the Windows button on the Steering wheel for? :)

Regards.

It has a Windows based ICE, 2 USB slots and with Blue Tooth connectivity and what not. Not enabled in ours as the agent wanted 200K to get the CD down. Basically any BlueTooth enabled phone will link up with the car's system and all controls will be on the steering for voice calls and other perfectly useless functions.

bit confused; from your first post (and subsequent comments) I thought it was a semi-automatic; from the second it sounds like a "tiptronic"? Or is it a "tiptronic" implementation using a clutch instead of a torque convertor :unsure:

are the old people still in business? I thought (from the show the other day) that LOLC motors has taken over the dealership?

Its a normal 5 speed box, with a computer controlled electric clutch. Sometimes when engaging reverse it gets that dreaded gear crunching... :) Hak hak hak. That is if you do the change from 1st to N to R a tad too fast.

The term Fiat uses is Dual-Logic, not that loosely used term 'Tiptronic'. Its not the kind of set up you get in the City/Fit, its not a CVT or a AT. Its just your basic 5 speed manual gearbox with a a little solenoid pushing and releasing the clutch. One of the mechanics there said that there will come a time that I will have to replace the clutch and pressure plate like any normal manual car. But since there is no human error when it comes to gear changing is involved (resting the foot on the clutch, slow releases, fast releases, etc) the wear and tear on the clutch is rather different.

Besides there are no steering mounted controls for the Gears.

LOLC is bringing down the cars from Fiat India. The old agent is still honoring their transactions. If all else fails, I still have Indika who looks after the Alfas in SL better than any bonafide agent can. So not losing sleep over WheelsLanka/LOLC matters.... :)

• 2 years later...
Guys, im also looking for a GP. Anybody of you guys know of a good one to buy?

TIA

Last week I was looking for one too. There's one at Kelaniya. Although mechanically it looks ok the interior was not in very good condition. But definitely worth checking out.And there's a diesel GP. The owner is asking 2.2m for it. Also worth paying a visit.

And finally after all this had to settle with a Panda. Hmm... still in doubt if I made the right choice.