• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

2010 Gulf Oil Spill

Silver

As many of you might have heard theres a massive oil slick speading across the Gulf of Mexico. This is the aftermath of the Deepwater Horizon's, an offshore oil drilling platform, fire and explosion. While BP have been trying different approaches to cut off the leak, their attempts have been unsuccessful so far.

alg_oil-spill.jpg

Couple of days ago the oil slick reached the shores.

Caught in the oil

Live feed from the source of the leak

Wiki - pretty much covers everything about the fire, explosion, leak, containment plans and more

Edited by Silver

it really is a massive disaster...I heard from bbc they recruited avatar/titanic director james cameron to film some deep sea footage so they can asses the damage...this better not be a PR stunt.

Edited by MasterDon

it really is a massive disaster...I heard from bbc they recruited avatar/titanic director james cameron to film some deep sea footage so they can asses the damage...this better not be a PR stunt.

I thought he offered his services and BP declined...last I heard, he was calling them the morons that they really are.

A containment cap on a ruptured well in the Gulf of Mexico is now funnelling off 10,000 barrels of oil a day, BP's chief executive Tony Hayward says.

The amount has risen since Saturday, and implies more than half the estimated 12,000 to 19,000 barrels leaking each day is now being captured.

The spill has been described as the biggest environmental disaster in US history.

President Barack Obama has pledged to stand with the residents of Louisiana unitil they are "made whole".

Mr Obama has said he will ensure that BP is financially accountable for the damaged caused.

The estimates for the total amount of oil that has leaked since the spill began vary widely from 20 million to 45 million gallons.

Four states have so far been affected by the spill - Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama and Florida.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/us_and_canada/10248409.stm

Edited by Silver