• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Dear Mazda Experts. Pls Help

ThilakR

Hi friends,

I noticed a strange delay of few seconds when I move the gear to D in my Mazda BJ5P 2001 AUTO. :violent-smiley-030:

It doesn't move forward until I push down the accelerate little more. Is this due to bad engine tuneup or any other reason?

I recently replaced all plugs and did an engine tuneup too with ATF oil change.

Also I notice it does around 8 - 9 Km per Lt. :(

Please help.

Thanks

Thilak

Hi Thilak,

There's something def wrong with the tuneup if you have to accelerate to get the car moving.

Maybe the idle speed needs to be upped a bit? There should be a standard level to which it is set right?

Havent owned an auto to comment too much on it tho.

Best get it checked by a professional............

And machang getting 8 - 9 kmpl is pretty good IMHO.........My 1600cc Manual used to give me 9 in the city,

so technically the figures youre getting aren't bad at all for an auto.

Hi friends,

I noticed a strange delay of few seconds when I move the gear to D in my Mazda BJ5P 2001 AUTO. :violent-smiley-030:

It doesn't move forward until I push down the accelerate little more. Is this due to bad engine tuneup or any other reason?

I recently replaced all plugs and did an engine tuneup too with ATF oil change.

Also I notice it does around 8 - 9 Km per Lt. :(

Please help.

Thanks

Thilak

my frends bj5p special edition also has the same issue. but its tiptronic. the experts suspect its something to do with the gearbox. but happens only in the cold start.

This issue could occur due to one or few of following

1. Engine is not idling at the manufacturer recommended RPM.

2. ATF pressure of the gearbox is not sufficient due to less oil volume than recommended

3. ATF pressure is not sufficient due to viscosity of the oil is reduced.

4. Issue in torque converter/propellers inside

if this happens on an incline and car slowly goes downhill on D/3/2/1 positions with brake/hand brake released it could be due to worn out brake bands of the autobox.

this case is more likely point no 1 to me. If yours has a RPM meter, check for idle speed, it should be somewhere between 800-1000 but again depends on the model.

check the ATF oil since you have recently changed it. It may be not the correct oil, or the filter was not cleaned or not enough oild is filled. I cannot think of an engine issue.

Hi Thilak,

There's something def wrong with the tuneup if you have to accelerate to get the car moving.

Maybe the idle speed needs to be upped a bit? There should be a standard level to which it is set right?

Havent owned an auto to comment too much on it tho.

Best get it checked by a professional............

And machang getting 8 - 9 kmpl is pretty good IMHO.........My 1600cc Manual used to give me 9 in the city,

so technically the figures youre getting aren't bad at all for an auto.

Thanks SHAI, :)

I experienced my SuZuki moved soon I enter into D position.

I will check the tuneup again.

Best

Thilak

This issue could occur due to one or few of following

1. Engine is not idling at the manufacturer recommended RPM.

2. ATF pressure of the gearbox is not sufficient due to less oil volume than recommended

3. ATF pressure is not sufficient due to viscosity of the oil is reduced.

4. Issue in torque converter/propellers inside

if this happens on an incline and car slowly goes downhill on D/3/2/1 positions with brake/hand brake released it could be due to worn out brake bands of the autobox.

this case is more likely point no 1 to me. If yours has a RPM meter, check for idle speed, it should be somewhere between 800-1000 but again depends on the model.

Thanks harshansenadhir,

Do you know a good place to get this checked. :unsure:

BTW I am in Gampaha.

Best

Thilak

Thanks harshansenadhir,

Do you know a good place to get this checked. :unsure:

BTW I am in Gampaha.

Best

Thilak

it's not about getting the autobox checked, determine this occurred to that tune up?

#1 was this issue there earlier?

#2 if answer is no for #1, was your engine over-reviving in idle before the tune up?

#3 if answer is no for #2, is your engine hesitates and shudder excessively after the tune up?

#4 if answer is no for #3, may be someone kept the engine idle at a higher speed to overcome this issue and your tune-up guy set it to the proper speed and this issue is back.

#5 answer for #3 is yes, your tune-up guy had set a lower than optimum engine speed.

you have to decide whether you need to check your engine RPM first and if it's optimum then move onto fault finding of the autobox.

may be another member can recommend a good autobox repair/service place around Gampaha or Colombo, not in my contacts.