• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Which One To Buy ? Suzuki Swift Or Honda Fit ?

kalana

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

around 2-2.2 mil. i called some places and found that swift is going around 2.4-2.5 mil.but we are going to import a one from japan.so i think it will be less :)

i am sure importing it your self is the best way to go. i think suzuki is better in terms of maintenance and value for money for your budget.

i am sure importing it your self is the best way to go. i think suzuki is better in terms of maintenance and value for money for your budget.

thanks isurujosh.yeah i am thinking the same..

the swift looks the best in my opinion,infact I think it's a gorgeous little car.

yeah but i am worried that there are many forums i internet says that FC isnt good that much.. but i love the looks and handling :)

guys whats the difference between CVT gearbox automatic gearbox ? ant which is better ?

might be safer to stick with a conventional autobox here in SL as no ones seems to be able to mamange a decent enough oil change or maintainence on the CVT's without things going wrong :(

might be safer to stick with a conventional autobox here in SL as no ones seems to be able to mamange a decent enough oil change or maintainence on the CVT's without things going wrong :(

aren't majority of typically modern cars in colombo like corolla, civic etc. having CVT boxes? CVT is quite a bit ahead in terms of fuel econo compared to traditional auto boxes, so i recommend CVT to roy especially since he isn't going to buy a car used in SL but a car used in Japan.

thanks guys. i like manual than automatic.but if i couldnt find a good manual car(which is rare comparing to auto) i have to go for a auto.thats y i asked about CVT.ad i have another question.its about 1.3l and 1.5l model. this swift will be our family car and i am not an aggressive driver(most of the time ;) ).so if 4 people is there and the river isnt aggressive, which model will have the better FC ? 1.3 or 1.5 ? thanks :)

Just though't I'd chip in, but isn't the 1.3L (Or 1.4 in europe) i-DSI engine supposed to return excellent fuel economy? A figure of 50mpg comes to mind when I was looking at one in England....

i really dont have any ideas about it.but most of the people says that 1.3l will be underpowered and it will F will be lower because the engine has to accelerate more to speedup.i welcome your opinions about this :)

I found this from a forum :)

Make- Honda Suzuki

Model- Fit 1.3Y i-DSI (A) Swift 1.3 (A)

Year [ Year Introduced ] -2006 2006 [ 2006 ]

NCAP -4 4

Average User FC Rating -15.0 km/litre 12.5 km/litre

Car Type- 5 Door Hatch 5 Door Hatch

Engine Capacity- 1339 cc 1328 cc

Engine Layout- Straight Straight

Cylinders- 4 4

Valves- 8 16

Max Power- 85 Bhp / 5700 rpm 91 Bhp / 6000 rpm

Max Torque- 119 Nm / 2800 rpm 118 Nm / 4000 rpm

0-100- 11.7 secs 14 secs

Top Speed- 160 km/h 180 km/h

Drive Train- FF FF

Gears- NA 4 Transmission CVT Auto

Weight- 1265 kg 1485 kg

Curb Weight- 990 kg 1020 kg

Power to Weight -85.86 89.22

bhp/litre- 63.5 bhp/litre 68.5 bhp/litre

Length- 3845 mm 3695 mm

Height -1525 mm 1510 mm

Width- 1675 mm 1690 mm

Wheelbase -2450 mm 2390 mm

Track Front- 1455mm 1470mm

Track Rear- 1445mm 1480mm

Turning Radius- 4.7m 4.7m

Seating Capacity- 5 5

Front Brakes- Ventilated Discs Ventilated Discs

Rear Brakes- Drums Drums

Front Suspension- MacPherson Strut MacPherson Strut

Rear Suspension- Double Wishbones Torsion Beam

Tyre Size- 175/65 R14 185/60R15

Bore/Stroke- 73 x 80 mm 78 x 69.5 mm

Compression Ratio- 10.8 9.5

Fuel Capacity -42 litres 43 litres

· Combined- 4.17 litre/100km (24.0 km/litre) 5.3 litre/100km (18.9 km/litre)

Engine Code- L13A DBA-ZC11S

Engine Description- SOHC i-DSI 1.3 VVT DOHC 16-valve

yeah i found suzuki swift is interesting.. but it has a 1.6l engine so i am not sure about FC.. but the looks great :D

I don't think there is be a big difference in the 1.6L and the 1.5L, also there are a few of these machines here in SL and is a definite head turner (the "Sport" i mean)

Go for a 1.5L, should give you more power than the 1.3L

Having driven a Swift HT15s, I should tell you the fuel consumption is not that great, only gave me 8-9kmpl so don't expect the car to be very good on fuel....... if FC is your main concern, a YOM 2007 VITZ would be a better option

the swift is most certainly a lovely drive! itz got ease of driving and sporty pleasure combined! the 1.3 is ok. My cousin has a car and I feel it is slightly underpowered. but I checked with the car full, 3 passengers + driver. so I guess it's ok. my cuz said with a full car, he felt a lil lag in pulling when going to nuwara eliya. I guess that is reasonable. so I'd say the 1.3 is also a good choice but for some1 who was a lil more power at their tips, the 1.5 or 1.6 sport might be ideal! btw, the 1.6 sport looks gorgeous!

QUOTE (Killer-B @ Jun 27 2010, 09:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't think there is be a big difference in the 1.6L and the 1.5L, also there are a few of these machines here in SL and is a definite head turner (the "Sport" i mean)

Go for a 1.5L, should give you more power than the 1.3L

Having driven a Swift HT15s, I should tell you the fuel consumption is not that great, only gave me 8-9kmpl so don't expect the car to be very good on fuel....... if FC is your main concern, a YOM 2007 VITZ would be a better option

Yeh i drive a HT51S as well n it aint that good coz you got a rev a bit to get upto speed. True the Suzuki Swift sport isnt that far away from the 1.5l Swift. The difference is only 20hp. I'm sure a litle tweaking to the ecu will generate that for you if needed. Theres a dude whos got a chipped swift sport producing 180 hp. Was in the papers recently.

My family's brand new 1.5l swift arrived from agents on friday. Will try to upload a pic of it. Was genuinely suprised by the high standards of the service provided by the agents, my dad even a fired off a letter of praise to the manager, and he is not easily impressed lemme tell u.

Yeh i drive a HT51S as well n it aint that good coz you got a rev a bit to get upto speed. True the Suzuki Swift sport isnt that far away from the 1.5l Swift. The difference is only 20hp. I'm sure a litle tweaking to the ecu will generate that for you if needed. Theres a dude whos got a chipped swift sport producing 180 hp. Was in the papers recently.

My family's brand new 1.5l swift arrived from agents on friday. Will try to upload a pic of it. Was genuinely suprised by the high standards of the service provided by the agents, my dad even a fired off a letter of praise to the manager, and he is not easily impressed lemme tell u.

What z da agent's name? and how much did u spent

Lol Agents as in the official Suzuki agents in SL (A*W). I was only there for pickup, but according to my dad he said everything from purchase to handover was done in a timely and professional fashion.

[/quote

So the car you bought is made in India and is a manual?