• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Impressions On A B4 Non-turbo.........

Shrapnel

Hey is the auto B4 fast too? im sure the manual version is....

So the agents stock most parts which is a good thing....the look and styling of the B4 is super beats most cars on our Sri Lankan roads anyday....

One things for sure though it has no second hand market.... there seems to be B4's that have been advertised for months without a sale...Also i think its to do with the owners as well and they seem to be not intrested in all in selling more like buy it or leave it attitude....there was one car advertised 2 months ago from Colombo 5 i got so pissed off with the owner as he had major attitude.

Gayan,sorry no idea about a pure manual B4-probably faster in the hands of a good driver.Senok stock parts and I repeat,the guys over there are extremely newbie-friendly..they also give you many varied options when it comes to a repair(I was a skeptic once,too)...but there are other places that stock parts and do repairs..if you look in the recent Subaru forum postings,you may see a reference to "no.33"-and that's all I'm gonna say :P

"No second hand market" is a rather pessimistic way of putting things...IF you maintain your car good and move in Subie circles(not a MUST) you will always get your car sold(WE ARE MANY AND NEXT IS WORLD-DOMINATION!! Nah,joking---Subie fans are the MOST friendly and helpful guys around....take your car to Senok for a service and stike all kinds of friendships!)You can advertise on the net and on HitAd or sell by word of mouth...don't believe the stories spread to run down makes like Subaru-test-drive one first and brush your worries away! As in any car make, there are individual cars that are DUDS-I mean the ones that languish in car sales for months..something would have spooked the buyers;the exterior/interior of the car,shitty engine bay or a wise-ass seller...I STILL see a B4 by a roadside care sale somewhere in Colombo that attracts all sort of riff-raff wannabe ricers who would ask what kinda engine it has or the fuel economy of it(F*ck if you are on economy mode-go find a Maruti),bonk on the bodywork around the car(why, to find potty-filled parts???),get inside the car and rev it up until the seller clenches his teeth-and then give some lame excuse and disappear!!!(I've seen all this,first-hand) I believe that this single car gets all the unwanted attention of a street-side whore(ooops-sorry sys admin :unsure: ,but I had to say that)

"shrapnel ~ am not an expert on this but i don't think an ecu re-map will solve your VOD/lag issue."

I saw this bit of info on the net Fuzzo- http://autospeed.com/A_111281/cms/article.html

"In TT legacy's around 4500rpm there is a huge lag till 5000 to 5200, as i heard there is a valve that keeps exhaust gas entering to the 2nd turbo till a certain RPM. in sequential turbo setups one spools low, then at higher it kicks out and the other one kicks in, valley of death (VOD) in between it. the vale that prevent gas entering to the 2nd turbo is controlled by the computer, so remapping the ECU, changing the exhaust system and down pipe to bigger size help to reduce VOD. anyway the both turbos are smaller size so other that wasting time doing mods for VOD its always better to remove both turbos and replace with a single turbo, (TD04, TD05H, IHI VF XX ) can be found in SL, then change the exhaust system (4 down, 3 exhaust). No lag, no VOD, more power. But its very important to identify the different between hesitation and VOD. Hesitation is caused by the bad plugs, coil, grounding etc."

Many thanx for your Tech info/advice, GihanFX!!

"damn..... but i am still skeptical on how these B4's that are up on sale are maintained.. can senok identify if there are issues in the B4.. or would they say everything is ok.. and one fine day i will be stuck on the road....."

Talk to Jehan at Senok,Charitha...he will sort you out.

Edited by Shrapnel

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think i know which car your talking about its near a big bank right? that car has been there for ages im sure it has some issue but must go and check it out this weekend. There was a black car for sale near Pamankada but it had met with a big accident and the car sale guy was asking too much.

GIhan is that B4 an auto or a manual? who is the tuner?

That car sounds mean :)

Bro, was the turbo upgraded???

At the Moment the car is runing TD04 + Stock intercooller + IC water spray, with high boost the Air Temp is going up rapidly, so hopefully in this month the Turbo will be changed and a new FMIC will be installed.

At the Moment the car is runing TD04 + Stock intercooller + IC water spray, with high boost the Air Temp is going up rapidly, so hopefully in this month the Turbo will be changed and a new FMIC will be installed.

Cool project, the whole setup is just mouth watering, congratz!!!

Hey is the auto B4 fast too? im sure the manual version is....

So the agents stock most parts which is a good thing....the look and styling of the B4 is super beats most cars on our Sri Lankan roads anyday....

One things for sure though it has no second hand market.... there seems to be B4's that have been advertised for months without a sale...Also i think its to do with the owners as well and they seem to be not intrested in all in selling more like buy it or leave it attitude....there was one car advertised 2 months ago from Colombo 5 i got so pissed off with the owner as he had major attitude.

Did u take a look at the car @ Col. 5? I may have bought it from the major attitude guy.... :)

Cool will do

Hoping to check some B4's this weekend lets hope there are a few advertised on Sunday.... If you guys know of any for sale please let me know....Thanks

Hi Gayan,

Before i bought my present car in March - i went to see a B4 RSK - advertised as the only manual RSK in S. L.

It was on Jawaththa road, about 2-3 houses before the vegetable selling place. Sorry cant remember the contact no.

Best method is - if you can get hold of h-t ads in the month of Jan/ February 2010 - you should be to find the contact no - and see whether its still for sale.

All the best for your search :)

Edited by mirage7777

Hi Gayan,

Before i bought my present car in March - i went to see a B4 RSK - advertised as the only manual RSK in S. L.

It was on Jawaththa road, about 2-3 houses before the vegetable selling place. Sorry cant remember the contact no.

Best method is - if you can get hold of h-t ads in the month of Jan/ February 2010 - you should be to find the contact no - and see whether its still for sale.

Yep thats the one....it has a new home now.....but didnt verify if its the only manual RSK in SL.... :)

Cool will do

Hoping to check some B4's this weekend lets hope there are a few advertised on Sunday.... If you guys know of any for sale please let me know....Thanks

I saw one at a sale in Maharagama, in front of Odel. It was sitting pretty for a couple of weeks, but I have no idea whether it's still there now.

Hi Gayan,

Mirage what registration is your car and what color is it? is it a auto or manual? Please share your comments on the B4 if you dont mind as im a newbie to this car......

I saw a H registered silver car down ward place it was damm nice....

So you bought the blue manual one? Congrats on your purchase

The car im talking about is the beige one which according to the owner "Has too many options" when simply asked about the car plus the asking price was too much.

Yep. Tks.

How much was the seller asking 4 the one with "2 many options"?

Hi Gayan,

Yep thats the one....it has a new home now.....but didnt verify if its the only manual RSK in SL.... :)

Hate to disappoint, but there are a few Manual RSK's in town

Just be careful - it's going to be a costly exercise if you end up with a "lemon" - be weary of cars that have been sitting about for a while like the one @ No.63 Sunethra Devi sale in Kohuwala - was another colour & very tired some years back :mellow:

Hate to disappoint, but there are a few Manual RSK's in town

Just be careful - it's going to be a costly exercise if you end up with a "lemon" - be weary of cars that have been sitting about for a while like the one @ No.63 Sunethra Devi sale in Kohuwala - was another colour & very tired some years back :mellow:

Glad 2 hear there are....

Oh yeh the one @ the kohuwala is a famous one..... :action-smiley-060:

He wanted 2:5 but i never bothered going to look at the car because of his f**ked up attitude ...... So your the proud owner of the blue b4. Hows the car????

Other than the fact that i bought it just 2 days before the tax cut....No regrets.... :) it was well taken care of & most importantly Senok certified accident free :)