• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Peugeot 406

jami

Hey guys. New to Autolanka and just wanted to know.. whats the price of a Peugeot 406 in good condition? there are many adds in Autolanka with prices varying from 1.5mil to 2 mil... And is it a better can than a nissan b14?

Hey guys. New to Autolanka and just wanted to know.. whats the price of a Peugeot 406 in good condition? there are many adds in Autolanka with prices varying from 1.5mil to 2 mil...

prices will vary depending on the engine (1.8l or 2.0l for petrol, and there's a rare 2.0l HPI version, plus diesel options), trim levels (lower trims like the GLX only have power shutters on the front, moving all the way upto the Executive with the bells and whistles), and how well it's been maintained - certainly worth (as with any euro) paying a premium for a non-abused specimen :)

haven't been checking prices recently but 1.8 to 1.9 for an executive 2.0l in good condition should be fine.

Harshan should be able to answer this much better as he was 406-hunting for a few months :)

BTW there's two 406 models, the older d8 and the facelifted d9, I doubt if the d8 fetches anywhere near this kind of money (facelift also included engine change and some other non-cosmetic improvements)

And is it a better can than a nissan b14?

and this is the point where I want to :violent-smiley-099:

if you are still in a position where you're trying to decide whether to buy a 406 or a fb14, you are probably going to be better off with the jap econobox. you might as well be asking if you should eat dragonfruit or apples.

please, find a seller who will give you a test drive in a 406 (preferably an executive), drive it around, ask him to demonstrate the options, and make your own judgement first. if the experience to you is just like a fb14, it's no point us telling you any different.

certainly there are factors that are not apparent from a test drive (such as price/availability of parts and mechanics) but it's no point talking about that unless you at least like the car.

• Like 1

prices will vary depending on the engine (1.8l or 2.0l for petrol, and there's a rare 2.0l HPI version, plus diesel options), trim levels (lower trims like the GLX only have power shutters on the front, moving all the way upto the Executive with the bells and whistles), and how well it's been maintained - certainly worth (as with any euro) paying a premium for a non-abused specimen :)

haven't been checking prices recently but 1.8 to 1.9 for an executive 2.0l in good condition should be fine.

Harshan should be able to answer this much better as he was 406-hunting for a few months :)

BTW there's two 406 models, the older d8 and the facelifted d9, I doubt if the d8 fetches anywhere near this kind of money (facelift also included engine change and some other non-cosmetic improvements)

and this is the point where I want to :violent-smiley-099:

if you are still in a position where you're trying to decide whether to buy a 406 or a fb14, you are probably going to be better off with the jap econobox. you might as well be asking if you should eat dragonfruit or apples.

please, find a seller who will give you a test drive in a 406 (preferably an executive), drive it around, ask him to demonstrate the options, and make your own judgement first. if the experience to you is just like a fb14, it's no point us telling you any different.

certainly there are factors that are not apparent from a test drive (such as price/availability of parts and mechanics) but it's no point talking about that unless you at least like the car.

Thanks for the info Sifaan.. The thing is ive already got a nissan b14 1300cc Auto transmission. I was looking for a better vehicle around 1.4 mil to 1.8mil in terms of fuel economy. the b14 give about 7-9 in city limits and 10-12 outstation. Just wandering whether the 406 gives better fuel performance. AND the 406 is better equipped and is much roomy. been looking at 1.8ltr d9 lx and a bit shady on fuel consumption

Edited by ZyKo

Thanks for the info Sifaan.. The thing is ive already got a nissan b14 1300cc Auto transmission. I was looking for a better vehicle around 1.4 mil to 1.8mil in terms of fuel economy. the b14 give about 7-9 in city limits and 10-12 outstation. Just wandering whether the 406 gives better fuel performance. AND the 406 is better equipped and is much roomy. been looking at 1.8ltr d9 lx and a bit shady on fuel consumption

Simple answer - get yourself a Corolla 110.

if fuel economy is your main criteria, I don't think you should go for a 406; it can probably match the numbers you've got on the fb14, but unlikely to be much of an improvement on it.

if fuel economy is your main criteria, I don't think you should go for a 406; it can probably match the numbers you've got on the fb14, but unlikely to be much of an improvement on it.

Thanks Sifaan... Any ideas on other jap models economical on fuel between 1.4-2.0??

Thanks Sifaan... Any ideas on other jap models economical on fuel between 1.4-2.0??

nope; but there's loads of threads debating the fuel economies of toyotas, nissans, mazdas, hondas, etc. search function currently doesn't work but if you browse around there's threads like "what can I buy for XX" and definitely they discuss fuel economy.

and you can also use google to search on autolanka, just use site:autolanka.com as a search term

nope; but there's loads of threads debating the fuel economies of toyotas, nissans, mazdas, hondas, etc. search function currently doesn't work but if you browse around there's threads like "what can I buy for XX" and definitely they discuss fuel economy.

and you can also use google to search on autolanka, just use site:autolanka.com as a search term

Thanks a lot

well said and don't think I need to update the prices any further ;) overall I felt the market for D9 has gone up and D8 further fell down. I fetched little less than 1.0 mil for my D8 and there are GLXs quoting 1.7 mil and they do get sold.

Hey guys. Just wandering whether anyone here knows were to find a 406 . preferably lx model. Checked out about 7 cars now but not in good condition. Interior is crappy. Help me out.

Hey guys... Given up on the thought of Peugeot 406. Everyone i consult advises against it. Going for a jap i guess.

Thanks for all the info

What sort of folk did u consult? was the negative advise purely on fuel?

You see, going and consulting used car sales chaps or a typical jap car user about a 406 is like the saying in sinhala goes, "Horage ammagen pena ahanawa wage". So make sure u get ur advise from the experts who knows the subject. If not u will be just loosing out on obtaining a fantastic vehicle (if a good specimen) for the given price range

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys.

bought a 406 finally. special thanks to Sifaan and Harshan and all the guys at Autolanka.everything is great except for the a/c air vents and cd player. the vents seem to be loose and pop out when moved. where can i buy these vents? and also the cd player takes in the cd and rejects after few seconds. wanted to know if i can fix a player with USB input without messing up the faceplate and steering controls.

Edited by ZyKo

Hey guys.

bought a 406 finally. special thanks to Sifaan and Harshan and all the guys at Autolanka.everything is great except for the a/c air vents and cd player. the vents seem to be loose and pop out when moved. where can i buy these vents? and also the cd player takes in the cd and rejects after few seconds. wanted to know if i can fix a player with USB input without messing up the faceplate and steering controls.

Congrats on your new purchase and welcome on board. Fellow 406 owner, a friend bought a complete set of air vents and the meter surrounding for less than 5k from eBay, give it a try and I'll search through contacts to see whether this is available to buy locally.

What's the CD player your car has? Original one with steerinng controls? Try first with a good quality cleaning CD. Pet#o La#ka might me able to sort this out as I heard.

Congrats on your new purchase and welcome on board. Fellow 406 owner, a friend bought a complete set of air vents and the meter surrounding for less than 5k from eBay, give it a try and I'll search through contacts to see whether this is available to buy locally.

What's the CD player your car has? Original one with steerinng controls? Try first with a good quality cleaning CD. Pet#o La#ka might me able to sort this out as I heard.

Thanks Harshan.. The setup i have is a clarion CD and radio. I was thinking of checking out Adv@nce C@r @udio or pet*o. Please help me out with the a place to buy air vents from a local place if possible

Thanks

Hey guys.

congrats on the purchase :) what engine/trim did you get and how much did it cost?

I was toying with the idea of upgrading the player to one that could handle USB/MP3 CDs (are regular CDs still used by anyone?), and I was able to find units on ebay that would work with the steering control stalk. cost was about 90 pounds or thereabouts.

and for the Citroen there are faceplates available to match the original radio so I imagine it would be the same situ for a 406. you might even be able to detach the faceplate from the existing one and fit it to a new one

congrats on the purchase :) what engine/trim did you get and how much did it cost?

I was toying with the idea of upgrading the player to one that could handle USB/MP3 CDs (are regular CDs still used by anyone?), and I was able to find units on ebay that would work with the steering control stalk. cost was about 90 pounds or thereabouts.

and for the Citroen there are faceplates available to match the original radio so I imagine it would be the same situ for a 406. you might even be able to detach the faceplate from the existing one and fit it to a new one

Let me know if you able to successfully install such a player. Didn't bother much as I usually keep the loader full with audio CDs and thinking of buying one of those transmitters which can be plugged to the cig lighter.

Let me know if you able to successfully install such a player. Didn't bother much as I usually keep the loader full with audio CDs and thinking of buying one of those transmitters which can be plugged to the cig lighter.

probably not happening anytime soon ;)

have one of the FM transmitter things and it works OK; some people say the quality is not as good as with a MP3 player but I'm not too fussed about it; depending on whether you like to listen to music elsewhere as well, might be better to get an iPod and a transmitter for it.

in your case it also be an advantage that you could use it in either car.

Its a 2000 model with 1.8 litre manual transmission. Feels awesome to drive compared to the FB14 which was quite boring. Just about an hour ago the display started saying ABS fault ... Any help??

probably not happening anytime soon ;)

have one of the FM transmitter things and it works OK; some people say the quality is not as good as with a MP3 player but I'm not too fussed about it; depending on whether you like to listen to music elsewhere as well, might be better to get an iPod and a transmitter for it.

in your case it also be an advantage that you could use it in either car.

In either car? Never thought in that context as music would be the last thing I would bother in that noisy, rattling old diesel car. ;)

Have to do some searching on facial plate interchange thing

Its a 2000 model with 1.8 litre manual transmission. Feels awesome to drive compared to the FB14 which was quite boring. Just about an hour ago the display started saying ABS fault ... Any help??

Probably the ABS wheel sensor. Better plug it on to a comp and check out. The part shouldn't be very expensive. I replaced mine on the bmw for 7,000 LKR sometime back

Probably the ABS wheel sensor. Better plug it on to a comp and check out. The part shouldn't be very expensive. I replaced mine on the bmw for 7,000 LKR sometime back

Thanks rangerover..

Going to see an euro repair guy tomorrow ASAP. :)

Take it to a place where they have Peugeot genuine scanner aka Peugeot plannet. That'll tell everything about a supporting Peugeot from the error code to which wire which circuit is open/short circuited. Will pm some helpful contact in this.