• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Hyundai Tucson

Devinda_Z

I hate to have started an entire thread on this, but was wondering if any of you knew anything about the 2010 Hyundai Tucson ??

I thought it may be a little too early to ask given that its been on the market for not more than a few months, but been seen a fair number of them on the road so thought i'll chance it...

:unsure:

i know the Korean cars haven't had the greatest reputation when it comes to reliability and parts aren't the cheapest....but on a value for money scale, a brand new soft-roader with 4WD & a 6 spd triptronic gearbox for 4 million seems super, when a recon used IST costs more! :o

Anyone with any views on the older version? or just recent Hyundai's in general? :huh:

I hate to have started an entire thread on this, but was wondering if any of you knew anything about the 2010 Hyundai Tucson ??

I thought it may be a little too early to ask given that its been on the market for not more than a few months, but been seen a fair number of them on the road so thought i'll chance it...

:unsure:

i know the Korean cars haven't had the greatest reputation when it comes to reliability and parts aren't the cheapest....but on a value for money scale, a brand new soft-roader with 4WD & a 6 spd triptronic gearbox for 4 million seems super, when a recon used IST costs more! :o

Anyone with any views on the older version? or just recent Hyundai's in general? :huh:

I'm pretty sure thats 4 million plus vat.

Edited by jdnet

the 2010 Hyundai Tucson is a great 5 seater SUV, if the same vehicle had a toyota badge it will be going for several million more

im hoping to buy one also by the end of this year

mainly due to advice of a relative in the US, he of course bought it for 22,000 USD

we wont be that lucky a version with 4WD and triptronic will be more than 5mill

most of the fuel consumption issues have been resolved with the new engines that come in the tucson

other than that i dont really expect any major issues

think resale value also will pickup in the coming years, Hyundai are now the fourth largest automaker by volume

since they are doing so well in north america, i dont see why that success cannot be replicated here as well

There's a lot of general negativity on Hyundai, but you'll probably find the newer vehicles to be pretty well received. And, um, I haven't used the Tucson, but I do own a 2002 (not recent I know) Tuscani. And as far as Hyundai goes, it's a pretty solidly put together car. I absolutely love it.

randomly came across another very obscure vehicle that falls into the same class as the Tuscon - The Nissan Dualis (aka Quashqai)....

Its heartening to know that the Hyundai is solid, but as with all things, the local context & market sentiment as well as long term running costs are still a concern :mellow:

your're selling the Z and buying a...:gasp:...hyundai???? :o ....YOU IDIOT!!! :violent-smiley-099:

I hope you live to regret this,what happened to the forester hunt anyway?

Thats definitely where the heart is - i'd be thrilled with an old S/Turbo or better yet an XT - but between the Foresters little drinking habit, but together with the potential cost of ownership in terms of repairs, given that will have to buy a vehicle that is at the very least 5-10 yrs old has me looking in the other direction right now :(

need something that is solid, capable of dealing rubbish local roads daily,new n fresh as well as not too expensive to run :mellow:

• 10 years later...

Hi Frinds,

Need some help and advice please with regards to a Hyundai Tucson.

I need to look at replacing the gear box oil for a Diesel 2012 Tucson which is very near due and was wondering of a good place to get it done and what steps to look in to .

·       Has anyone done it and whats the generic process

·       Does the stump need to be pulled out and cleaned?

·       Also to  see what other issues I have e.g rack end status.

Not too keen to visit Hyundai Lanka after my last incident – besides they do not let you go near the vehicle whilst its in their passion.

Would welcome a decent place who actually know and do an honest job on servicing.