• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Nissan Fb 13 Carburator

sira

Hi All

I got Nissan FB 13 With GA15DS(1500cc) engine and it got a carburettor. 6 years ago I did the engine tune up with the agents. Now I have done around 35000 Km and to me the fuel consumption is bit a bad. I Changed air cleaner and spark plugs, not big difference looking for repair the carburettor by my own.

I have repair/clean my bike carb (GS125) and it is simple to me. But the car carb is very complicated.

Any way I have the my car service manual (1300CC) and and I carb diagram also there.and parts list

How ever it was belongs to 1300CC car. Looks there is no big difference.

It is big job to clean carb?

My technician is asking 6000 for his labour charge only.he is working in agents and

to me, he is a carb genius. He is the one who cleaned my carb 6 years ago.

How ever if I open the carb do I need to replace inlet manifold gasket and carb packing?

Please advice me I’m happy to do this operation by my own. What you think? Will it be a big job for me

Your advices are most welcome

Thanks

Sira

Hi All

I got Nissan FB 13 With GA15DS(1500cc) engine and it got a carburettor. 6 years ago I did the engine tune up with the agents. Now I have done around 35000 Km and to me the fuel consumption is bit a bad. I Changed air cleaner and spark plugs, not big difference looking for repair the carburettor by my own.

I have repair/clean my bike carb (GS125) and it is simple to me. But the car carb is very complicated.

Any way I have the my car service manual (1300CC) and and I carb diagram also there.and parts list

How ever it was belongs to 1300CC car. Looks there is no big difference.

It is big job to clean carb?

My technician is asking 6000 for his labour charge only.he is working in agents and

to me, he is a carb genius. He is the one who cleaned my carb 6 years ago.

How ever if I open the carb do I need to replace inlet manifold gasket and carb packing?

Please advice me I’m happy to do this operation by my own. What you think? Will it be a big job for me

Your advices are most welcome

Thanks

Sira

If it was me, I would've gone for the technician rather than messing up with the carb. There are DIY stuff on suspensions, electrics even t-belt changes where you're sure of what to do based on instructions given on a user manual. However, carburetor is something you should tamper with enough experience to say certain things just by looking at jets and some needles. Further, I've seen many many cars with carburetor issues after some incompetent messed around with it.

Not to discourage you on DIY stuff, but this may not be the best thing to start with. :)