• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Wheel Alignment ?

mensoft

Question

22 answers to this question

is it for all the wheels or for one ?

Alignment is checked for all wheels at once so charge is for all 4 wheels. But wheel balancing is done seperatly for 4 wheels and charged according to the weights they put depending on the requirements.

Alignment is checked for all wheels at once so charge is for all 4 wheels. But wheel balancing is done seperatly for 4 wheels and charged according to the weights they put depending on the requirements.

whats the different between Alignment and balancing ?

sorry i don't know much abut this.

my need is i recently changed my car tire rods . (ball joint) . so after done that technician said to go and do a wheel alignment also.

Replaced all four tires last week at Amila Auto - Dehiwala

They did a wheel balancing and alignment.. But the wheel aligment was manual - not computerized

Whn driving i feel d car pulls to the left

What shall i do?

Better plc in colombo tht does a good job in wheel align?

They did a wheel balancing and alignment.. But the wheel aligment was manual - not computerized

What shall i do?

There are couple of places in Malay Street - Slave Island. I've been there and the work seems ok. Computerised wheel alignment is not rocket science. They just need to follow the orders of the computer. Keep an eye on the readings to make sure they fall within the required range (ie. computer doesn't show any numbers in red).

What shall i do?

Qasid,

I have been getting my Wheel alignment done at M/S, NALAKA.

Nalaka Wheel Alignment Centre

55, Hyde Park corner

Colombo 2 (Union Place)

Tel1: 0112688109

Tel2: 0112684301

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

I think Car Care is really good in Wellawatte. They are very thorough. Getting a appointment is quite hard though since they are a small place but get loads of vehicles.

Problem solved :D

I pumped air again - still i had the problem.. Calld my friend to ask for expert advice (he used to tune race cars) told me better to get d alignment re-checked n got me an appointment at car care immidiately..

Went to car care and realized tht amila auto - dehiwala had basically screwed aligment on all 4 wheels.. Also they had done wheel balance only on 3 wheels............ Damn.....!!!!

(I went to amila cos they were the obly ones who had the tire i was looking for - hankook k106)

So finally got all the wheels aligned - and wheels balanced too...

Now all ok ;) car care saved me... Thought i'll b sticking to them in future.

They give a 4000km warranty too..

Went to car care and realized tht amila auto - dehiwala had basically screwed aligment on all 4 wheels.. Also they had done wheel balance only on 3 wheels............ Damn.....!!!!

(I went to amila cos they were the obly ones who had the tire i was looking for - hankook k106)

So finally got all the wheels aligned - and wheels balanced too...

Now all ok ;) car care saved me... Thought i'll b sticking to them in future.

They give a 4000km warranty too..

what does the warranty cover? that the wheel balancing weights will not come off?

Warrantee covers that the wheel alignment will last for 4,000km

They said todo d alignment every 6,000km

what does the warranty cover? that the wheel balancing weights will not come off?

Pitstop gave a similar warranty. Basically you run for a some 3000-4000km and then if you still feel the alignment isn't right they redo it FOC (but in my case they had done a good job originally so didnt need to go claim the warranty)

Pitstop gave a similar warranty. Basically you run for a some 3000-4000km and then if you still feel the alignment isn't right they redo it FOC (but in my case they had done a good job originally so didnt need to go claim the warranty)

Yup... Same scene mate..

All,

Just thought of revoking this old thread about wheel alignment. 

I am really doubting about the  technical competency of most guys who do wheel alignment. Moreover, most of us just believe in what they do and just pay the cost at the end of the day.

As an instance last time, the wheel alignment guy was saying that the  recommendation is to have an alignment of TOE to have a sum of left and right equal to 15 (total toe). He was just trying to refuse to have zero toe for two front wheels.  

For all of us it  would be advantages to have a knowledge to interpret the values of computer generated report. 

Key measurements to look at are Camber and Toe angles. How about your ideas on the acceptable ranges of Camber and Toe irrespective of the vehicle brand. 

Just for the sake of support for the discussion I've attached a copy of the WA result sheet. I did the alignment as I observed excessive wear of the outer edge of the passenger side front wheel (outer shoulder). According to the result sheet, it could be due to +ve Toe

Capture.thumb.PNG.dcf1bd790ea6d99d82f18e3e1ff5c340.PNG

Edited by vitz