• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Buying Perodua Viva 660cc..??

kmeeg

Hi All,

I heard that new model for perodua called Viva.. I'm thinking of buying a 660 version.

A firend of mine bought one from Unit#d Mot#rs with alloys fixed from company. Its a basic car and looks faily good as a small car. He claims that it does around 16-18Kmpl in city with A/C. And he is using it for about a year and he is happy with it. Also i have seen quite a no of viva's on the road. I found the following link also (http://drnaz.wordpress.com/2007/06/13/a-review-on-perodua-viva/)

Can anybody please please please give your comments on this car.. :D

(My requirement is a cheaper car with good fuel economy)

Thank you..

:alc:

Hi All,

I heard that new model for perodua called Viva.. I'm thinking of buying a 660 version.

A firend of mine bought one from Unit#d Mot#rs with alloys fixed from company. Its a basic car and looks faily good as a small car. He claims that it does around 16-18Kmpl in city with A/C. And he is using it for about a year and he is happy with it. Also i have seen quite a no of viva's on the road. I found the following link also (http://drnaz.wordpress.com/2007/06/13/a-review-on-perodua-viva/)

Thank you..

Hi. One of My Office friend bought this. Ya. It works around 16 km/L in city. He too didn't have any bad comments. (May b car is still in brand new condition :D) But thing twice the 2nd hand market if u really bother abt it. Only bad thing I heard from some other guy was that even agent doesn't have some body parts. :( [They have all parts for kelisa]. But when time goes n goes, parts may be available.

Hi. One of My Office friend bought this. Ya. It works around 16 km/L in city. He too didn't have any bad comments. (May b car is still in brand new condition :D) But thing twice the 2nd hand market if u really bother abt it. Only bad thing I heard from some other guy was that even agent doesn't have some body parts. :( [They have all parts for kelisa]. But when time goes n goes, parts may be available.

Thx Udutha.. :) Hmm.. then parts could be a problem.. Even i've heard that the parts are not much available as Japn's.. :(

Hi All,

Thank you..

Good cars overall for the money you pay. Its virtually a Daihatsu (Charade/Mira) in different wrapping (Most of the parts are Toyota OEM - Denso etc.).

The 1000CC auto does about 11-12 in the city but haven't tested out. But the users are thrilled with the economy. I was told the 800C manual does about 14 in the city being a better balance for the size of car but haven't checked up on the manual.

The 660CC is a bit underpowered but the power builds up well as the car revs up (being a DVVTi unit). Also it doesn't have power steering or power shutters (the 660cc version).

While body panels and lights are fairly expensive through the agent (We replaced a tail lamp @ 19k which is the same price as an Axio Tail lamp) with over 1000 cars coming within the next few months, I'm sure the parts will become available as used Malaysian parts at used spare shops.

Hi All,

Thank you..

One of my good friends has the same Viva car, and I have gone in it few times. I guess the price of this has come down to 1.3 mil level., right? Considering other brand new options available for that price such as Alto, I'd say Viva is much better. He told me it does somewhre around 14kmpl. It's 660, but my frind had no complains abt it being undr powered. It's more comfortable whn compared to Alto.

However, there are many second hand car options for that price range which could provide better comfort level. I guess u can try Starlet(97) , FB 14 or Toyota 110 (1996) for this price.

One of my good friends has the same Viva car, and I have gone in it few times. I guess the price of this has come down to 1.3 mil level., right? Considering other brand new options available for that price such as Alto, I'd say Viva is much better. He told me it does somewhre around 14kmpl. It's 660, but my frind had no complains abt it being undr powered. It's more comfortable whn compared to Alto.

However, there are many second hand car options for that price range which could provide better comfort level. I guess u can try Starlet(97) , FB 14 or Toyota 110 (1996) for this price.

I'm in a doubt of buying second hand cars now because there are few cases with my friends buying second hand cars. One friend bought a accent with 60K+ on ODO and later he found that the meter was adjusted and he is having few problems with engine now.. :(

I found a web site that says viva 660 company rating is 18.7KMPL..! (pallamakada danne na.. :D)

Any other options for cheap small cars brand new..?? (Should check out the viva as well)

I'm in a doubt of buying second hand cars now because there are few cases with my friends buying second hand cars. One friend bought a accent with 60K+ on ODO and later he found that the meter was adjusted and he is having few problems with engine now.. :(

I found a web site that says viva 660 company rating is 18.7KMPL..! (pallamakada danne na.. :D)

Any other options for cheap small cars brand new..?? (Should check out the viva as well)

hm, A-Star? (around 1.6mil though)

Hi.. This is my first forum post. I really cannot comment on the Viva. But I can comment on the first generation(In SL) of Peroduas.I have been using a Perodua Kenari for last 3.5+yrs. Other than the regular services I hardly had to spend any money on this car. I had to replace break pads (Rs2000 as far as I can remember) twice and had a minor issue with the left hand side power shutter. I have done nearly 85,000kms so far. I have driven 100+kms continuously. So what I can say is they are very reliable cars. May be much better than 13-14yrs old starlets.

One of my uncles has been using a Kelisa for 5 yrs. He has done 120k + I guess. He had to replace clutch plates after running about 50,000kms; probably due to bad driving habits. The cost was Rs8000 if I am not mistaken.

In terms of fuel consumption, I do not think any other car in this category can beat Peroduas. I serviced my car last week and the company suggested me to do a tune up and said the fuel consumption would have dropped. I never felt that though. So I did not want to spend 11,000 on the tune up :unsure: . During the weekend I went to Galle with 4 people in the car. I pumped fuel worth of Rs1000.00. The indicator hit the "E" mark when the trip meter reading was 157kms.

So after 3.5yrs the fuel figure was = 157/8.695= 18.05kmpl. On my way I had to pass bustling cities like Kadana,Wattala,Colombo, Panadura, Ambalangoda etc. So it was not really a smooth long distance travel.

The other plus point is the manuring capability in heavy traffic conditions. You can simply sneak through even tiny spaces and get to your destination much quicker than big sedans.

In terms of negative things about this car I would say the seats could have been better. The rubber parts are also not of the high quality. But I do not really care. If you need, you can spend some more money and make it comfy. The other factor is the resale value. It is purely based on the perception of the people. Even on this forum, I see a lot of people recommending starlets. That's because they do not have any experience with Peroduas. IMHO Peroduas are actually reliable and economical cars.

The prices :

Viva 1000cc is 1.45m

Viva elite 1000cc is 1.74m (Has a much better look than Viva I guess)

The auto would be little higher than that. I am not sure about 660cc version. It may be cheaper.

Edited by nippy

So after 3.5yrs the fuel figure was = 157/8.695= 18.05kmpl. On my way I had to past bustling cities like Kadana,Wattala,Colombo, Panadura, Ambalangoda etc. So it was not really a smooth long distance travel.

thats not an accurate fuel sunsumption reading. You are presuming you burned exactly Rs1000 of fuel.

To get a proper reading, top up the tank, zero the trip meter, run for about 3/4 the tank, top up and then look at how much fuel you burned and how far you went :)

But yeah, cars like the Kelisa do seem to b doing well on fuel. mivec.turbo has one himself (1000cc i think)

thats not an accurate fuel sunsumption reading. You are presuming you burned exactly Rs1000 of fuel.

To get a proper reading, top up the tank, zero the trip meter, run for about 3/4 the tank, top up and then look at how much fuel you burned and how far you went :)

But yeah, cars like the Kelisa do seem to b doing well on fuel. mivec.turbo has one himself (1000cc i think)

The fuel indicator was exactly at "E" before I pumped. I took this reading after it came back to "E". Yes. It might not be 100% accurate. But I am sure it is very closer to the actual figure. Do you want to know the total fuel cost of my Galle trip? It was less than 2000. :)

run for about 3/4 the tank

Dilesh,

Should it be 3/4 always? Any specific reason?

1. What about 1/2 or even 1/4 is used?

2. Ever heard a rule of thumb like if u full fill ur tank when it becomes 1/4 less to full tank, is very good idea for better economy & it's good to vehicle too as it avoids unnecessary particles in fuel? (Dirty fuel)

Correct me if wrong.

Thanks....

Edited by Uditha88

The fuel indicator was exactly at "E" before I pumped. I took this reading after it came back to "E". Yes. It might not be 100% accurate. But I am sure it is very closer to the actual figure. Do you want to know the total fuel cost of my Galle trip? It was less than 2000. :)

your fuel tank has a capacity of what 40ltrs maybe? And in most cars the "E" doesnt necessarily mean empty and in fact you can cover quite a bit of distance too.

So say there's a difference of 2-3 liters. And a 3 liter differnce out of 8 liters pumped is almost 40%. Quite a difference dont you agree? :rolleyes:

Edited by Dilesh

your fuel tank has a capacity of what 40ltrs maybe? And in most cars the "E" doesnt necessarily mean empty and in fact you can cover quite a bit of distance too.

So say there's a difference of 2-3 liters. And a 3 liter differnce out of 8 liters pumped is almost 40%. Quite a difference dont you agree? :rolleyes:

Theoretically yes. But I have 3.5yrs of experience with this car. Out of 85k kms I might have done at least 65k. I know I can run at least 50kms more even though the reading is "E". But I took this reading as soon as it touched "E". So it cannot be way off. B)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All,

I found a viva customer who had 2 issues in his viva 850.

1. Vibration from his brakes for few seconds and he said that it disappears.

2. Small water leak from his windscreen beading.

Any viva owners who can comment on this..??

Thx.