• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Prices Of Bmw Parts / Service

MkX

I've never seen a potential BMW owner make this much inquires...just sayin'.

Correct. I know.. none of my colleagues, relatives friends does own a BMW/Mercs. Only my father owned some old VW, Peugot, Fiat and Fords in 60s - 80s. So in typical Sri lanka context I am supposed to be a normal guy who use a common Jap car. That is the reality with me.

Edited by MkX

Correct. I know.. none of my colleagues, relatives friends does own a BMW/Mercs. Only my father owned some old VW, Peugot, Fiat and Fords in 60s - 80s. So in typical Sri lanka context I am supposed to be a normal guy who use a common Jap car. That is the reality with me.

I never ridiculed you for wanting to find more about BMW's.It's just that people who buy Merc's and beemers never really put off buying one because of it's service cost and the cost of an air filter.Its kinda given that they are going to be some what expensive than the japs.I encourage more research of course,but make sure you buy such a car for the right reasons.

If you have to ask the price, you can't afford it! I've heard this before. But I can't give any specific reason as to why I want BMW except that getting it is a kind of a Challenge for me. And as i stated before I have no issue in fuel economy, etc and most importantly no other priorities and commitments like family , wedding, housing loan.. at least for another 1 to 2 years.... I can get one. Try that out and use it for may be even 3 months to 1 year .. see how it goes. Then I can decide to keep it or resell it again. hmm.. I know it sounds weird and not fit to the BMW profile. :)

Try ebay.co.uk or http://www.engsoon.com.sg/. Its always better to get down the parts and provide the company or the expert to do your service. For BMW the oem filters are MAHLE brand. So always get them. For example i have to replace my ABS sensors, and the agents quoted 23,500 for one where engsoon.com including delivery price was 8,500. So dont be put off by prices agents will charge you or even certain experts. Just in case you have issues knwing ur part number go to www.realoem.com. It will breakdown ur bmw in to nuts and bolts with part numbers.

You can get down a majority of parts in this way, but certain others it may not be practical and even cheaper locally. Always do your research before committing to a repair if its not urgent. Always go for oem quality parts and not cheap chinese. However, like to like, bmw parts are more expensive than japanse parts, but thats a price you pay for luxury. Exlusivity, excellent drivability etc dont come cheap.

Try ebay.co.uk or http://www.engsoon.com.sg/. Its always better to get down the parts and provide the company or the expert to do your service. For BMW the oem filters are MAHLE brand. So always get them. For example i have to replace my ABS sensors, and the agents quoted 23,500 for one where engsoon.com including delivery price was 8,500. So dont be put off by prices agents will charge you or even certain experts. Just in case you have issues knwing ur part number go to www.realoem.com. It will breakdown ur bmw in to nuts and bolts with part numbers.

You can get down a majority of parts in this way, but certain others it may not be practical and even cheaper locally. Always do your research before committing to a repair if its not urgent. Always go for oem quality parts and not cheap chinese. However, like to like, bmw parts are more expensive than japanse parts, but thats a price you pay for luxury. Exlusivity, excellent drivability etc dont come cheap.

thanks for the info. What my plan is I can go for my next car with say 1.8M - 2M. So I have the option to go for some of the Jap cars at that price with this so called English plates. So I am thinking of getting 318i YOM after 1995 (if possible) around 1.6M - 1.7M. And have couple of hundred thousand left in my pocket... which I believe sufficient enough to maintain it for 1 or 2 years (depending on the what i get) .. If things are favorable I can continue of not get downgraded to Jap again :rolleyes:

thanks for the info. What my plan is I can go for my next car with say 1.8M - 2M. So I have the option to go for some of the Jap cars at that price with this so called English plates. So I am thinking of getting 318i YOM after 1995 (if possible) around 1.6M - 1.7M. And have couple of hundred thousand left in my pocket... which I believe sufficient enough to maintain it for 1 or 2 years (depending on the what i get) .. If things are favorable I can continue of not get downgraded to Jap again :rolleyes:

Well, my advice is that reg. number plates are irrelevant when it comes to these fine machines. its like fine wine! the older it gets the sweeter it is (if well maintained). I drive a 2004 e46, but whenever i see the e36 i never fail to look twice. Coz bmw designs never get old. If you go for a 1995 model e36 you will get options that many japanese cars got as standard in around 2001/02. Just avoid a lemon, some people who dont respect these machines will hack it. But the majority who use these do so for with great love!!!! :rolleyes:. Couple of hundred is ok. But you will have most repairs as soon as you buy. From my personal experience and experience of ppl i knw, you will have to spend on repairs a bit at the start of ur ownership, but once you get her to a good standard, she is a beast on wheels!! Dont forget bmw's that have done over 200,000 milease (320,000 Km) are still demanding good second hand value in europe

Going a bit OT here, but hows the duty on these items that are ordered off the net?

E36 318i M40

Oil Filter - Rs. 1,000 - 1,300

Air Filter - Rs. 1,800 - 2,000

Hengst and Mann are also BMW OEM suppliers, not just Mahle

I've never seen a potential BMW owner make this much inquires...just sayin'.

Thanks for sharing this valuable nugget.

But I seriously doubt if anyone here cares about things you have "never seen".

You are not REQUIRED to reply every single thread here.

If you cannot contribute positively towards the stated topic, please resist the urge.

Edited by euro_auto
  • Like 1

E36 318i M40

If you cannot contribute positively towards the stated topic, please resist the urge.

Who died and made you moderator?

When Peri or Madz warn me to stop posting I will do so,I will however do nothing when a apparent looser like you with no sense of humour tries to act all knowing.So please kindly stop pushing your pompous ass in to other peoples jobs.If you have a problem with my posts and if it irritates your holiness to read them,there's a "report" button on the side of my posts...I kindly urge you to use it.

• Like 1

E36 318i M40

Oh dear... who shook the stupid tree? Seems like many many monkeys are falling from the skies these days...

This vehicle tax drop has created many experts.

Oh dear... who shook the stupid tree? Seems like many many monkeys are falling from the skies these days...

This vehicle tax drop has created many experts.

LMAO....hehh heh....good one! and damn right too... There's a huge increase of retards these days...mostly on tax threads!!!

Going a bit OT here, but hows the duty on these items that are ordered off the net?

I paid about 40% for a power steering pump; technically they should calculate on the CIF price (that's what the customs guy said)

If you plan to get parts by post you should budget to pay that much, although it's quite likely you can get away with less (e.g. if you can get it undervalued (e.g show an undervalued invoice) etc), or even for free. of course hand carried parts will usually avoid duties altogether (unless the baggage gets searched!)

True. But for small parts many suppliers offer hand luggage delivery services!

I checked one of those guys out (shop in panchikawatta); I don't know if he was just trying to rip me off; but he quoted Rs. 27500 to order a part (he didn't have it in stock) that I bought off a dealer in UK for Rs. 9000

so even if I got it sent by EMS and paid duty on it, it would still be cheaper (but may take few more days that the service by these guys. However, EMS is quite fast, arrived from Israel in 3-4 working days)

mind you, when I checked with the agent in Singapore about another part (water pump) they quoted me 200 S$ (about 16000 lkr) and that was also Rs. 9000 in the UK. So it is likely the case (for Euro cars) that prices in Singapore are much higher than in UK.

anyway, it's worth to compare prices from the hand-carry suppliers vs. ebay or dealer in UK. there is a site (http://www.partsreunited.co.uk/) where you can give info on the parts you need, and the request gets sent out to many dealers who will reply back to you with prices/availability

• 2 months later...

Hi guys.. can some body help me with below information of E36 - 318i manual car.

Prices of the Air filter, oil filter and cost of a regular service at Agents and other out sides parties.

anyone pls le me know the around about price for a set of brake pads and clutch plate for this model??

thx

This is im assuming for a diesel? and the older e46? it costs me around 25k at the agents for everything for the new e46 (diesel) for oil change, air filter, oil filter, micro filter, egr valve cleaning, and topping up all oils. Which is quite reasonable. If you can source your own original filters, you could shave off around 10K

• 7 months later...

Does anyone know where I can get a Brake Booster for a E39? Or anyone in the UK who can get me one since the US And EU model booster won't be a match due to a minor difference between the two models. Mine failed last evening and now unless I stand on the brakes car is impossible to stop.

Keeping Milli and Prestige as the absolute last resorts.

Does anyone know where I can get a Brake Booster for a E39? Or anyone in the UK who can get me one since the US And EU model booster won't be a match due to a minor difference between the two models. Mine failed last evening and now unless I stand on the brakes car is impossible to stop.

Keeping Milli and Prestige as the absolute last resorts.

Try Beddewela...Cotta road.

MINIACE