• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Brand New Ford Mustang Cobra On Our Roads

racerx

There's a younger generation of MPs now - may be that actress MP bought the Cobra!

lolz !!! Which one?! There's a multitude of them let loose in parliament these days isn't there? Technically that's not true I suppose, as the other one's not a MP she's still a Provincial councillor...oh well, may be next time around she can claim her duty free permit and a pension for life at our expense too...

Edited by Kavvz

MPs should get state issued bus passes...

Seconded- That's the only permit they deserve. If only they started living like us common folk; taking the bus now and then, paying for their own groceries etc. perhaps they'd pull their heads out out from where the sun doesn't shine and relate to their voter base a bit more?

(To be fair my distaste for MP and their kin is prevalent for all MP's, not just the party in power right now. Blue, green, red, whatever...)

Edited by Kavvz

Well since the topic came up.

It was brought down on a permit that facilitates the owner to bring down any vehicle below a CIF of USD. 50,000/=.

But it is a LHD car and will be converted before registration.

Thats 550Horses from a V8 Supercharger.

I thought the permits for this parliamentary session has not been released yet. Maybe i was wrong. Machang gummy why not reveal who this VVIP is? People like this deserves to be named and shamed (my emphasis is on the driving habits not the type of car imported).

There's a younger generation of MPs now - may be that actress MP bought the Cobra!

Machang you need to be specific. Way too may movie start, sporting starts, mega starts etc in the parliment these days.

I thought the permits for this parliamentary session has not been released yet. Maybe i was wrong. Machang gummy why not reveal who this VVIP is? People like this deserves to be named and shamed (my emphasis is on the driving habits not the type of car imported).

It was out only for the new members (barring the provincial councilors who made it to parliament this time) only a handful came out and more than 90% went for the LC 200. Only a few adventurous types went for others like 7 series, Disco4's and the Mustang.

My earlier reply to Madmax gives up the name machang.

It was out only for the new members (barring the provincial councilors who made it to parliament this time) only a handful came out and more than 90% went for the LC 200. Only a few adventurous types went for others like 7 series, Disco4's and the Mustang.

My earlier reply to Madmax gives up the name mach

Spoils of war

People say he's the 'heir' to the 'throne'....

What happened to the Sri Lanka i knew where people would protest a simple propane price hike? These days people seem to be just accepting everything done by these crooked politicians....so sad... Unbelievably it seems like we had far less corruption when we were at war. Sometimes I'm nostalgic for those days. This country has become overrun by crooked politicians, drug dealers and con artists. It seems that if you are not in any of these catergories you would get nowhere.

"People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people."

What happened to the Sri Lanka i knew where people would protest a simple propane price hike? These days people seem to be just accepting everything done by these crooked politicians....so sad... Unbelievably it seems like we had far less corruption when we were at war. Sometimes I'm nostalgic for those days. This country has become overrun by crooked politicians, drug dealers and con artists. It seems that if you are not in any of these catergories you would get nowhere.

"People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people."

+1 Very sad situation, people of the country being robbed by their own rulers...

+1 Very sad situation, people of the country being robbed by their own rulers...

I think what has happened over time and what this president has achieved is turning Sri Lankan men into pussies. Seriously, there was a time not long ago when we could say that we were proud to be Sri Lankan. Can we really say it anymore? what have we to be proud about? A harbour and airport built by China for thier own gain? match fixing allegations made against our one-time world cup cricket champions? or maybe we can say that we are proud to be one of the few nations that instead of trying to be a true democracy, is going back in time to turn the country into a monarchy.

Somewhere out there D.S. is weeping and wishes he never helped us gain independence from the British Empire.

• Like 1

Quite true, there's nothing much left of the pride or heritage or anything of the old Pearl, and all will be lost in a very short time if this goes on. But alas, it will go on as there is nobody to stop corruption and save the country.

Live in miserable silence or leave the country to get your freedom

OR save the country

How exactly is bringing this vehicle down somehow more crooked than bringing down say a 7 series or range rover? I would imagine the CIF price on those is much higher.

Not just the Mustang that's controversial, but any such thing brought here with money of innocent people. After all, it's in $$ we pay for those cars, not in Rs., and that all comes from the working people, not politicians...

Edited by BLu3HaZe

How exactly is bringing this vehicle down somehow more crooked than bringing down say a 7 series or range rover? I would imagine the CIF price on those is much higher.

This isn't about a Mustang,rather it's about the systematic rape of our country. Each day when I see a 10 million rupee car lead and followed by land rovers filled with armed guard, i'm left with disgust. When I have to move out of the way for these bastards, while they are supposed to praise me as a voter, i'm left with pure hate. But, what makes my heart bleed isn't the fact that these political vermin are ruining our country to the point of no return. What makes me want to cry is the fact that people have come to accept being pushed down and kissing the feet of our politicians.

• Like 1

It was out only for the new members (barring the provincial councilors who made it to parliament this time) only a handful came out

Ah that makes lot of sence. Isn't the CIF for LC200 petrol bit north of the 50k limit????

People say he's the 'heir' to the 'throne'....

I think you've said enough.

Edited by xXx

I think what has happened over time and what this president has achieved is turning Sri Lankan men into pussies. Seriously, there was a time not long ago when we could say that we were proud to be Sri Lankan. Can we really say it anymore? what have we to be proud about? A harbour and airport built by China for thier own gain? match fixing allegations made against our one-time world cup cricket champions? or maybe we can say that we are proud to be one of the few nations that instead of trying to be a true democracy, is going back in time to turn the country into a monarchy.

Somewhere out there D.S. is weeping and wishes he never helped us gain independence from the British Empire.

I don't like your tone. You sound like an agent of an international conspirator.

Our great king has achieved the impossible. People who don't even got the temple in their own city for poya now goes to nagadeepa. Once the Hambanthota port is built both the port of Singapore and Shanghai will be bankrupt. Not having another airport has been the sole reason why Sri Lankan airlines is not making a profit, so that'll be taken care of with the new air port. Who said 18A is anti-democratic? There’ll still be a presidential election every 6 years. Plus not having the independent commissions will enable us to bribe cops and other officials to cover our mistakes.

Geeze man what more do you want? Who cares if you are no longer able to afford 3 meals a day when you get to see mustangs on our roads. All hail the king.

Our great king has achieved the impossible. People who don't even got the temple in their own city for poya now goes to nagadeepa.

Geeze man what more do you want? Who cares if you are no longer able to afford 3 meals a day when you get to see mustangs on our roads. All hail the king.

Age of kings is over in most parts of the world, no more monarchy, we live in a free world :) You can't 'make' a royal family anyway :D

Once the Hambanthota port is built both the port of Singapore and Shanghai will be bankrupt. Not having another airport has been the sole reason why Sri Lankan airlines is not making a profit, so that'll be taken care of with the new air port.

Is that truly the best place for both airport and port? AFAIK Galle and Trincomalee are better, bigger and less costly? Correct me if I'm wrong there please. Or is it simply making people of his area happy?

Plus not having the independent commissions will enable us to bribe cops and other officials to cover our mistakes.

Why do you want to bribe cops and cover up mistakes? :o

I don't like your tone. You sound like an agent of an international conspirator.

Our great king has achieved the impossible. People who don't even got the temple in their own city for poya now goes to nagadeepa. Once the Hambanthota port is built both the port of Singapore and Shanghai will be bankrupt. Not having another airport has been the sole reason why Sri Lankan airlines is not making a profit, so that'll be taken care of with the new air port. Who said 18A is anti-democratic? There’ll still be a presidential election every 6 years. Plus not having the independent commissions will enable us to bribe cops and other officials to cover our mistakes.

I lol'ed