• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Cadillac Cts Sedan In Colombo

Sierra Charlie

Just saw a Cadillac CTS Sedan with temporary numbers parked ahead of Borella Kanaththe in the morning. looked aggressive in a boxy sort of a way. Couldn't see whether it was a right hand drive or a left hand one. Can anyone share more details if you have some?

Edited by Sierra Charlie

Just saw a Cadillac CTS Sedan with temporary numbers parked ahead of Borella Kanaththe

Might be totally off the wall, but was it awaiting conversion as a hearse? :P Most of the upper-end funeral parlours (which are all located in that area) have Cadillacs making up a sizeable part of their fleet.

Might be totally off the wall, but was it awaiting conversion as a hearse? :P Most of the upper-end funeral parlours (which are all located in that area) have Cadillacs making up a sizeable part of their fleet.

I doubt that even the CTS wagon would make a proper hearse.

I think the age of using modified American station-wagons as hearses are no more. Most of the new ones have been european luxury brands IIRC. That too predominantly Volvo.

Either way, I wouldnt put put too much thought into this newbee's sightings. He joined the forum today and already claimed 2 pretty exotic sightings. I'm curious to see what he 'sees' next :D

Edited by Watchman

Noted the V, didn't know the significance. Is this another convert to RHD and send to Aussie story?

The CTS 2nd gen is pretty decent; well as far as American cars go its really nice... I mean seriously, they did a bang-up job on the interior. You'd only have to look at the interior of the 1st gen and compare it to the 2nd gen to see what I mean. You can sit in it and almost forget you're sitting in an American car.

And the 2nd Gen CTS-V is a beast. They transplanted a Corvette C6 ZR1 engine, stuck in a trick suspension that magnetically adapts to road conditions every 0.10 of a sec and topped it off with brembo's disc brakes at all four wheels.

It even held the title of fastest production 4-door sedan around the ring until the Porsche Panamera debuted and is to date, faster around the Nürburgring than the new M3.

CTS-V

Edited by Kavvz

Another adventurous parlimentarian using his permit?

Doubt it. Starting price $62,000. But undervaluation is an option. No agent no prices, second thoughts possible. But im thinking this is another convert to be shipped off.. But needless to say that powerhouse looks pretty badass on our roads..

Doubt it. Starting price $62,000. But undervaluation is an option. No agent no prices, second thoughts possible. But im thinking this is another convert to be shipped off.. But needless to say that powerhouse looks pretty badass on our roads..

Does the MP permit cover used cars as well? If so, a second hand 2007 CTS-V could be had for under that figure...

Edited by Kavvz

• 2 weeks later...

i saw a cadillac SUV with temporary numbers few times.. wonder who imports these...

Now that you mentioned this, I seem to remember seeing one myself....

Anyway, enjoy it while its here, chances of getting another one down seems slim based on this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cadillac_CTS#CTS-V

Coinciding with the release of General Motors' Viability Plan, the automaker has disbanded its High Performance Vehicle Operations team, the crew responsible for the line V-series Cadillacs, the Chevrolet Cobalt SS, HHR SS and the V8 version of the Colorado.

Now that you mentioned this, I seem to remember seeing one myself....

Anyway, enjoy it while its here, chances of getting another one down seems slim based on this.

http://en.wikipedia....illac_CTS#CTS-V

They're still making the CTS-V, it also comes in a new coupe body for 2011

Edited by madmax