• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Kia Spectra Coolent Overflow From Reservior Tank

hatharasinghe

Question

Just after driving around 4km suddnely coolent overflow through reservior tank but no any overheating so check with mechanics he told the problem with thermostat valve and asked to replaced or remove i bought a new one but he told first run som miles without it so still nothing happen now heat indicator little lower so should i install new one or run without it the mechanics always telling its waste money for the valve anyway i bought new one.

9 answers to this question

Just after driving around 4km suddnely coolent overflow through reservior tank but no any overheating so check with mechanics he told the problem with thermostat valve and asked to replaced or remove i bought a new one but he told first run som miles without it so still nothing happen now heat indicator little lower so should i install new one or run without it the mechanics always telling its waste money for the valve anyway i bought new one.

if there was a problem with the thermostat then definitely the engine will overheat. however, the radiator itself won't get hot (because the thermostat isn't allowing the coolant to flow to the radiator). but the heat indicator should move up.

BTW when you said coolant overflow do you mean it just drips, or was there vapour coming out?

Edited by Sifaan

Hi hatharasinghe

if you have brought one why are you keeping it without installing ?

are you going to deposit it on the safe locker ?

without thermostat your car should run very lower temperature than with thermostat

if it is very close to the position where you had it when there was thermostat

there is a high probability that you get overheating problem again , if that is the case you should check your cooling system too... :)

thanks

regards

sumith

Hi,

It happened to me once due to (accidently)intechanging the hoses to the reservoir's cap. In that case, whenever there is a pressure builds up in the radiator, water comes our from the reservoir. It was with AE100.

Best Regrds,

Push

Well first of all i think the reason your mechanic told you to run without the valve was cause he wasn't sure if it was the problem, so if the problem still exists obviously its not the thermostat valve.

Secondly there is a reason why the manufacturer installed a thermostat valve,if your car would run fine without it they wouldn't have installed it in the first place.so dont be silly and install the thermostat valve before your car erupts like a volcano !

simple solution. remove radiator cap (when cold) and start your car and let it warm up. then check if you can see airbubbles comin out from the radiator. if so, water will eventually rise up and start overflowing. if this happens then you have a blown gasket or a cracked cylinder head. else if nothing happens then simply replacing the radiator cap will solve the problem! cheers!

simple solution. remove radiator cap (when cold) and start your car and let it warm up. then check if you can see airbubbles comin out from the radiator. if so, water will eventually rise up and start overflowing. if this happens then you have a blown gasket or a cracked cylinder head. else if nothing happens then simply replacing the radiator cap will solve the problem! cheers!

No offense mate but this thread is more than 3 months old, dont you think that he would have figured out the problem and fixed it by now ?