• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Fuel Consumption Of A Suzuki Swift 2008

chew

Question

I recently bought a Suzuki Swift 2008 model (Auto gear, used unregistered). Fuel consumption is around 6.8 in colombo and outstation is around 10. I heard that it does around 10 in colombo and 14 outstation. Can anyone please guide me what should I do to rectify this problem?

Thanks

I recently bought a Suzuki Swift 2008 model (Auto gear, used unregistered). Fuel consumption is around 6.8 in colombo and outstation is around 10. I heard that it does around 10 in colombo and 14 outstation. Can anyone please guide me what should I do to rectify this problem?

you don't know what shit happened to this car before you bought it, and neither do we. so take it somewhere (agents / competent garage) and get it serviced and checked out. for all you know you might be running with clogged filters, ancient oil, dirty injectors etc.

Thanks

You have to accept that you have got the best figures for your used jap Swift which is covered with lot of myths.

Selling of Indian makes are increasing here because of the real figures. :P

You have to accept that you have got the best figures for your used jap Swift which is covered with lot of myths.

Selling of Indian makes are increasing here because of the real figures. :P

I figure it's cause of people like you that these myths are created in the first place.

Look at this: http://www.marutiswift.com/rally/rally.asp

These Indians are getting an average of 21.54 kmpl outa their Swifts, so there is something terribly wrong with these Jap swifts in SL. Trade them all in Mates, go for the awesome K-series engine. :D

wow!! winner got 28 kmpl !! :D :D

guys solution for this is not taking bus or something lol.. :)

what i wanted was to see some numbers(real figures) or ideas from other swift owners and compare it with mine..

because everyone wants to get maximum km's per a letre they paid for.

so if mine is not good,i can see what can i do to make it better... simple :)

and this new k series engine is 1.2l engine of i am right.anyone got an idea what are the differences between jap 1.3l engine and that ?

Edited by royalkalana

Look at this: http://www.marutiswift.com/rally/rally.asp

These Indians are getting an average of 21.54 kmpl outa their Swifts, so there is something terribly wrong with these Jap swifts in SL. Trade them all in Mates, go for the awesome K-series engine. :D

haha...I think if the drivers who came second and third had left their passengers behind they could have won. :)

haha...I think if the drivers who came second and third had left their passengers behind they could have won. :)

Lol.. Dono how the heck they achieve this in the first place. Must have been sweating like pigs with the Air-con turned off, etc..

“Before the participants hit the road they were given some valuable tips from Maruti personnel on how to maximize their fuel efficiency and be safe on the road..” We should invite the people to come over here and enlighten the concerned car owners in SL. What you all say, can AL take the initiative to organize a “mile-a-thon” conference? At least people with listen when the “experts” give the same advice repeated in threads here: Maintain your car well, drive economically, and don’t expect miracles with fuel figures.. :D

wow!! winner got 28 kmpl !! :D :D

guys solution for this is not taking bus or something lol.. :)

what i wanted was to see some numbers(real figures) or ideas from other swift owners and compare it with mine..

and this new k series engine is 1.2l engine of i am right.anyone got an idea what are the differences between jap 1.3l engine and that ?

100ml?

Did you do OL Maths?

Read about a dozen internet reviews. Average out the tested mpg figures. Convert them to kmpl. Deduct about 2-3 kmpl and voila! You'll have your max fuel consumption figures for your Swift.

Good luck! ;)

Read about a dozen internet reviews. Average out the tested mpg figures. Convert them to kmpl. Deduct about 2-3 kmpl and voila! You'll have your max fuel consumption figures for your Swift.

Good luck! ;)

yeah i have.. and did converted to kmpl too.

i just wanted to hear from some swift owners thats all :)

anyways thanks all :) :)

hi,

i got some fuel figures recently :) have been driving some long distance lol..

well..i topped the tank..

ran 370 km's then filled it up..

cost me 24 liters to fill. so the math is 370/24 = 15.4 kmpl :) :)

around 220-240 kms from those 360 was urban driving.. other 50-60 km's was by moderate driving and rest 60-70 is medal to the pedal driving which game me around 5-6 kmpl..

and 80% of the time,A/C wat on

just thought to post it if anyone is interested

:)