• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Repair Carburetor

mensoft

Question

MasterDon,

Urugodawattha once Carburetor Banda lived I was told his son is doing repairs now no experience with him but Banda was a great man who did good repairs for carburetors.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Yes Cab Banda is Still allived but now he is living in kegalle area. A man called shantha Carb banda's son doing the bussiness in "Kosgashandiya" . I went there for a my carb repair this bugger charges Rs. 4500.00 with out the repair kit charges & made a mess of my carb. seems like he is running the place with his fathers goodwill nothing . I never recomend this place for any one he will reiun your carb.

• Like 1

Yes Cab Banda is Still allived but now he is living in kegalle area. A man called shantha Carb banda's son doing the bussiness in "Kosgashandiya" . I went there for a my carb repair this bugger charges Rs. 4500.00 with out the repair kit charges & made a mess of my carb. seems like he is running the place with his fathers goodwill nothing . I never recomend this place for any one he will reiun your carb.

'GKWKK',

It is very sad to hear that Carburetor Banda's son did for your Carburetor.

According to your post he had charged for a unsatisfactory job Rupees 4500.00.

Which is totally incorrect and he is tarnishing his father's, good name what Carburetor Banda build up for Years.

Sylvi Wijesinghe

'GKWKK',

It is very sad to hear that Carburetor Banda's son did for your Carburetor.

According to your post he had charged for a unsatisfactory job Rupees 4500.00.

Which is totally incorrect and he is tarnishing his father's, good name what Carburetor Banda build up for Years.

Sylvi Wijesinghe

True, Even I dont mind the higher charge if he did a dood job. even petrol for the cleanning purposes they took from my car :sad-smiley-067: Now he says that my carb is worn out & needs to be replaced. Really annoid :sport-smiley-027: with these vampires. Now I can't start the car sometimes after his repair work.

True, Even I dont mind the higher charge if he did a dood job. even petrol for the cleanning purposes they took from my car :sad-smiley-067: Now he says that my carb is worn out & needs to be replaced. Really annoid :sport-smiley-027: with these vampires. Now I can't start the car sometimes after his repair work.

same experience here.., 2years ago he took 6500/= for replacing carb kit but problem doesn't solved, then again he told me to i should replace the carb and fix a carb for 15000 and failed again. he promised to refund the money but again took 1500/= as a labour charge. i think carb banda or his son is not the best guy for carbs anymore. there are lot of good guys out there...

after all i took my car to ranga @ automirage and he did a great job, i can recomned him for lancer carbs but no idea about other vehicles.

same experience here.., 2years ago he took 6500/= for replacing carb kit but problem doesn't solved, then again he told me to i should replace the carb and fix a carb for 15000 and failed again. he promised to refund the money but again took 1500/= as a labour charge. i think carb banda or his son is not the best guy for carbs anymore. there are lot of good guys out there...

after all i took my car to ranga @ automirage and he did a great job, i can recomned him for lancer carbs but no idea about other vehicles.

'CK2',

If you can recommend "Ranga" to do Carburetor reconditioning.

Members should help him to go on his own instead of working to a another party. So that he will be a Independent Carburetor repair Technician.

Almost all vehicles come with new system, no more carburetors do not know how many have Automobiles with Carburetors in Srilanka.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

i'm reading this threat little late. i went to banda's grandson shantha and he did a mess of it. actually he was recommended to me by mazna motors in papiliyana. i guess everyone is doing a business.

i failed my green test yesterday and went to a guy who has an analyzer and got my carb tuned and cleaned and pass the test.

banda charged me 6500 for cleaning the carb.

all he did was took out some petrol from my own petrol tank and cleaned it. and he replaced the slow running solenoid for 4000.

do not go to banda he is a total junk.

• Like 1

hey my mechanic told me that my automatic choke is not working. he showed no interest in replacing it i think he don't know how to do it. i have a ford laser gl 1989.

please tell me a place that i can buy one of the automatic choke for my carb and a place i can get it fixed to my car.

thnx.

On 7/23/2012 at 11:24 AM, CK2 said:

Can you send me his contact detail i have car i want repair my carb

Edited by Chathura Samoj